MS not feeling 360 price cut pressure

joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in IllGaming
"We offer great value now."

Microsoft has no plans to follow Sony's suit and drop the price of the Xbox 360, according to European boss Chris Lewis.

Lewis told VG247 that the platform holder isn't feeling any heat to make a change as the system already offers gamers "great value" for their cash.

"We have better service provision than anybody. We attach more effectively than anybody. I think Xbox Live is enviable," he explained. "What we've achieved with Kinect has given us growth that I think others would aspire to at this point in the lifecycle.

"We're happy with our position. While we're not complacent about the competition, I wouldn't trade places."

A 250GB Xbox 360 currently has an RRP of £204.25.

Sony announced a PlayStation 3 price drop at Gamescom last week, with the console's RRPs falling from £255.30 (160GB) and £291.05 (320GB) to £199.99 and £249.99 respectively.

Meanwhile, a Mario Kart Wii bundle currently sets you back around £129.99.

Comments

• Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited August 2011
    Lol why would they? You can get one from gamestop for 99.99
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Lol why would they? You can get one from gamestop for 99.99

Microsoft (or any company) doesn't profit off of used items from Gamestop. Everything sold used at Gamestop goes into Gamestop's pockets. That's why a lot of companies are doing that online pass for multiplayer so they at least see some profit.
  • Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited August 2011
    Microsoft (or any company) doesn't profit off of used items from Gamestop. Everything sold used at Gamestop goes into Gamestop's pockets. That's why a lot of companies are doing that online pass for multiplayer so they at least see some profit.

Not the point. The point is there is no reason for anybody to care about a price drop, when you can get one cheap.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    off topic but those quotes in loozers sig are the faggotiest ? ive ever read in my life smh