Ya'll ain't feel that Earthquake that shook the East Coast just now?

Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Social Lounge
REPENT, JESUS IS COMING!

An earthquake sent tremors from the nation’s capital to New York City Tuesday afternoon, the result of what officials said was a 5.8 magnitude earthquake based in Virginia.

There were no immediate reports of damage.

It is not clear how far the earthquake spread, but tremors were felt throughout New York City office buildings and as far north as Concord, N.H.

The streets of downtown Washington filled with thousands of people on Tuesday afternoon as buildings from the capital to the White House were evacuated.

A mild shake and tremble could be felt shortly before 2 pm. The movement lasted no more than 30 seconds in downtown Washington.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/24/us/24quake.html

I blame Obama.

markos_tweet_earthquake.jpg

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    ? im from the BAY that aint nothin but a aftershock to us
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    waterproof wrote: »
    ? im from the BAY that aint nothin but a aftershock to us

lol word... i dont even get up if it aint 6.0+
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    b*braze wrote: »
    lol word... i dont even get up if it aint 6.0+

LOL!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Braze said if it aint 6.0+ he aint movin, ? sleep through 5.8/5.9's....? we by like tell that dog to shut the ? up and yall carry yall ass back to bed it aint nothing but a f'iver or we might think it's a disel rollin down the street.

SMH on MSNBC, FOX and CNN actin like a national event just happen
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    waterproof wrote: »
    LOL!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, ? sleep through 5.8/5.9's....? we by like tell that dog to shut the ? up and yall carry yall ass back to bed it aint nothing but a f'iver or we might think it's a disel rollin down the street.

SMH on MSNBC, FOX and CNN actin like a national event just happen

NYC etc aint build ? with Quakes in mind... wouldnt take much for ? to get damaged here..
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    im in CT and some ? felt it some ? didn't. I was in a work training session and we didn't feel ? . Lol at fox news taking time away from their 24 obama bashing to cover this story.
  • nuyorkwutalk
    nuyorkwutalk Members Posts: 376
    edited August 2011
    i aint feel ? . my moms who's in FL called me like "did you feel it?!" im like feel what, wth u talkin about lol. turn on the TV and Channel 7 asking ppl on the streets if they thought it was terrorist attack +__+ like really?!
    Here come all the Religious Nuts and Gov't HAARP attack theories...
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Really though? 5.9 hits here and we make milk shakes and eat dinner lol I'm watching CNN and the streets are mobbed with people and news reporters ask the same ? , "what was going thru your mind?" lol sometimes I've heard earthquakes coming, you hear a faint rumble then boom hits. I'm not a fan of any earthquake of any size but lol news is dropping it like a terrorist attack or something lol
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited August 2011
    LOL @ all the people over on that coast laughing at our ? all this time. How you like DEM APPLES?!?!?!?

? ain't cute is it?
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Really though? 5.9 hits here and we make milk shakes and eat dinner lol I'm watching CNN and the streets are mobbed with people and news reporters ask the same ? , "what was going thru your mind?" lol sometimes I've heard earthquakes coming, you hear a faint rumble then boom hits. I'm not a fan of any earthquake of any size but lol news is dropping it like a terrorist attack or something lol

yeah my homie from philly moved out here and the first earthquake he felt was like a 3.5 or somethin, and he liked to ? his pants. ? was like "im in the office and the floor start rollin like i was on a bouat. maybe if i had been ready..." i told him the same thing, like "dog i can hear them ? comin like 3-4 seconds in advance sometimes. sound like glass rattling or a truck engine".
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Felt it. Thought it was a truck rambling by me.....

Stay tuned....................................
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    hey, this earthquake ended my work day early, so, if it's Obama's fault, thanks, Obama
    edeeesq wrote: »
    LOL @ all the people over on that coast laughing at our ? all this time. How you like DEM APPLES?!?!?!? ? ain't cute is it?
    we had one a couple of years ago and i slept through that one. earthquakes = not impressed

actually, though, i think the West Coasters forget that we make fun of their earthquakes because they moved from the East to the West and then started teasing us about going in the pool while we were buried under snow. or, in other words, YOU JERKS STARTED IT
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    My moms and sis told me about it in MD, ? is crazy. I didn't believe them when they told me about it, cuz ? like that I wouldn't expect to happen in MD. We did have a 1.9 earthquake last year for like 30s though.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    LMAO the responses here are funny as hell. I didn't feel nothing personally but my homegirl is gonna go to counseling cuz she's "traumatized" now, smh
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I felt that ? , and was highly disappointed.

A 7.0+ would've been epic on the East Coast.
  • edeeesq
    edited August 2011
    janklow wrote: »
    hey, this earthquake ended my work day early, so, if it's Obama's fault, thanks, Obama

we had one a couple of years ago and i slept through that one. earthquakes = not impressed

actually, though, i think the West Coasters forget that we make fun of their earthquakes because they moved from the East to the West and then started teasing us about going in the pool while we were buried under snow. or, in other words, YOU JERKS STARTED IT

oh I see you wanna get all biggie and pac up in here.
  • Mr.Burns
    Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
    edited August 2011
    I'm in N.C. and I felt it. I thought I was having a seizure until I saw everybody else Harlem shakin it.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    5.9 gets all this attention from that lil tremor damn ? those do not even get noticed over here...
  • janklow
    edited August 2011
    oh I see you wanna get all biggie and pac up in here.
    Biggie = top 5
    2Pac = eh, maybe top 50 or something

see you West Coast lizard ? down at Arizona Bay. well... except for the Raiders, please ship them East when the big one hits. thanks in advance!
    5.9 gets all this attention from that lil tremor damn ? those do not even get noticed over here...
    well, three things:

01. there's some kind of complicated explanation how because of where VA is located the effects of a 5.9 are more widely felt than out West, even if the earthquake itself doesn't do much
    02. also, this stuff never happens in the mid-Atlantic
    03. modern Americans are incredibly delicate

and yes, San Francisco and Alaska are the KINGS OF HAVING AMERICAN EARTHQUAKES
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Signs of the last days...these earthquakes will be hitting North America more often this was just a minor one along with more climate changes.
  • Dr Bang
    Dr Bang Members Posts: 185
    edited August 2011
    i aint feel ? and ? im from new york (ja rule voice)
  • brooklynMillz
    brooklynMillz Members Posts: 113
    edited August 2011
    tumblr_lqexxnd4wW1qmztxqo1_250.jpg

? all that end of the world ?
  • edeeesq
    edited August 2011
    janklow wrote: »
    Biggie = top 5
    2Pac = eh, maybe top 50 or something

see you West Coast lizard ? down at Arizona Bay. well... except for the Raiders, please ship them East when the big one hits. thanks in advance!

Let's see Earthquake, Hurricane Irene.....Obviously ? is a Pac fan....

Deal wit it...
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    ? , we're pretty much out of natural disasters to have.
  • janklow
    edited August 2011
    Let's see Earthquake, Hurricane Irene.....Obviously ? is a Pac fan....
    since 2Pac died and his corpse was used to sell millions of sub-par posthumous records, i doubt it. if anything, ? would probably be more of a Wu-Tang fan
    fiat_money wrote: »
    ? , we're pretty much out of natural disasters to have.
    we have yet to have a volcano, so, there's that
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited August 2011
    Thinkin that maybe the quake wasn't that bad, but that some East Coasters not used to it. If you're on the West Coast you won't even flinch for this size of quake. But throw a hurricane at West Coasters and they probably be freakin out while East Coasters laugh.