Laptop or desktop?

Options
Be11nt
Be11nt Members Posts: 3
edited August 2011 in Growing Pains
My Vote will go to Laptop.. because Laptop is Portable. you can use it every where.. e.g Car, Park etc..

which would you prefer?

Comments

• wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dunno I got a phone and a I pad and a desk top I can pretty much do anything I need to from the phone or I pad. Just use the desk top pretty much for paying bills and printing and school stuff.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Laptop................
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I use my laptop for everything. Dont have a desktop.
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    A laptop is better than a desktop if comparing 1 on 1. But for the the money you spend on a laptop, you can get a more powerful desktop for less money, then use the left over cash and just buy a cheap netbook for word processing and internet browsing on the go. Online file-sharing makes it easy to access any files you would need from either device.

My current laptop is on its way out so I'm gearing up for the desktop & netbook combo. Traditional laptops are not powerful enough to be a home computer (for me, at least) and are too big to carry around constantly.
  • king bloo
    king bloo Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    for expandability, power, and flexibility, desktop wins hands down.
  • XIII
    XIII Members Posts: 631
    edited August 2011
    Options
    if your a student; laptop or desktop/netbook combo. if your not part of this new gen of people who want to stay connected to the net 24/7 then desktop is your best option. you can stack it up so that it doesn't act retarted when your editing photos, or playing crysis.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? ...................
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Laptop. My desktop was fine when I lived at home, but when you're in college laptop is a necessity. Group projects, doing work in between classes, etc.