Blu - NoYork! (2011) Tracklist and Features inside! Production from Madlib and Exile!

Options
13»

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I havent got the chance to download it cuz my computer is in the shop but has anyone else heard it yet? my buddy says blu is dope in it but the beats sound king of hyphy. anyone relate to that?
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yea im downloadin right now dot if he realesed it himself like he did Jeuse or if it is a leak but imm listen and give my thoughts
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I hear he has been selling it at Rock The Bells for 5 Dollars a pop. people are saying hes doing a whole "? the label" kind of thing.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah i read he leaked it him self and i also read he threw a bunch of copies of the album in the crowd...so far album is pretty dope om on song 4.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The Album has a weird vibe to it and a wierd sound. But i think its great! kinda dense sounding.

Takes a few listens to get fully into it.

Album cover is amazing IMO.
  • ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think this is a solid album...although i dont like the production on some of the tracks(the first two for example) 4/5
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I havent got the chance to download it cuz my computer is in the shop but has anyone else heard it yet? my buddy says blu is dope in it but the beats sound king of hyphy. anyone relate to that?

Props on the update Lou :tu Merged the thread :tu
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I hear he has been selling it at Rock The Bells for 5 Dollars a pop. people are saying hes doing a whole "? the label" kind of thing.

Won't that lead to him having to pay his label with all the profit that he makes from bootlegging it himself?
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    The Album has a weird vibe to it and a wierd sound. But i think its great! kinda dense sounding.

Takes a few listens to get fully into it.

Album cover is amazing IMO.

He did say in an earlier interview in this thread that it took him a while to find the right sound for No York! It's good that he's come with something different, I just hope it isn't too different like when you hear an artist go too far left a la Tay when he dropped the second Foreign Exchange; they can still be growers, but sometimes, it's too much in one take.
    I think this is a solid album...although i dont like the production on some of the tracks(the first two for example) 4/5

Great to see you stopping by Ninja!!! Are you really that busy lately man?!

Going to give this a listen soon :tu