RAIDER NATION Terrelle Pryor will play in the preseason finale at QB

Options
waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
When the Oakland Raiders take the field against the Seattle Seahawks on Friday night in their fourth and final preseason game, it will be the first opportunity for fans to see Raiders' rookie quarterback Terrelle Pryor in the role that got him to the league.

During last night's contest between Oakland and the New Orleans Saints, Michelle Tafoya reported that Pryor would indeed be playing on Friday. He did not take the field against the Saints, but did dress for pregame warm-ups.

Raiders head coach Hue Jackson has confirmed multiple times that the intention is for Pryor to play quarterback for the team, and not shift to wide receiver or tight end as had been previously speculated.

Friday night will be an important test for Pryor's skills and should serve as a barometer of where his comfort level with the pro game stands.

Pryor needn't put on a clinic on Friday, though that would be a welcome outcome for Oakland's fans. More importantly, Pryor just needs to show that he is capable of playing as a quarterback in the NFL.

The fourth preseason game is a perfect venue for Pryor, who will then embark on a five-game suspension (barring appeal by himself or on his behalf by the NFLPA). He will have ample playing time in a low-risk game that will serve more as his talent evaluation than a must-win contest.

I fully believe that Pryor can be a capable NFL quarterback. By playing in Friday's game, he will hopefully prove this to all the fans who think he would be better suited at another position.

Comments

• waterproof
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Alright NATION, you know what time it is.........OAKLAND RAIDERS TIME!!! (all you haters you can eat a down syndrome ? )

Few things i like to see, Hue Jackson wants to build a bully on the O-line i like to see the Starting 5 to be....LT Jared Veldheer LG Stephon Hoyer C Stephen Wisnewski RG Bruce Campbell and at RT Joseph Barksdale.

Hoyer, Barksdale and Wisnewski is some maulers and look dam good in the game.

I like the Lito Sheppard pick up

Al davis still knows what he doing, I've been telling fools about Taiwan Jone, A 3 headed Monster this year with Mc'Fadden, Bush and Jones is going to do some damage.
  • waterproof
    edited August 2011
    Options
    their offense looked decent in last night's game, even tho the Saints skinned us up. I wanna see if Terrelle Pryor can connect with his passes tho.

I think Terrell Pryor is going to shock a whole lot people in the NFL and for a fact you can count on Hue Jackson and AL Saunders is working with him day and night
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    their offense looked decent in last night's game, even tho the Saints skinned us up. I wanna see if Terrelle Pryor can connect with his passes tho.

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Raider nation!!! (cube voice)
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dont expect Pryor to do anything eye opening Friday with less than 2 weeks of practice/training camp under his belt, but it will be interesting to see our shiny new toy nh. We played great yesterday with 5-6 starters out against a SB winning team but I'll still keep my optimism tempered.

I think Veldheer, Wiz, Satele, Barksdale and Campbell should be our starters though. Hoyer was nice, but Barksdale and Campbell both have more upside.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wow. thats gonna be a train wreck