New movie about Jinn

PoetLaureate
PoetLaureate Members Posts: 39
edited August 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Just wondering if any other Muslim thought this might be haram considering they are giving physical form to a being that is known to have none?

Comments

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Just wondering if any other Muslim thought this might be haram considering they are giving physical form to a being that is known to have none?

The attributes ascribed to Jinn are characteristics of a human being. The word Jinn means to be hidden or concealed. Hidden or concealed where?

Being means that which exists or has existence. Formless spirits don't exist. Men in whom that spirit dwells(hidden) do.

There is no spirit that is independent of matter. Anger, Hatred, ? , Grief are all things that manifest through human beings.

Jinn is a allegorical description of the temperament of the Human being and his inability to control his emotions.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    looks like a wack movie anyway
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited August 2011
    And Step wrote: »
    The attributes ascribed to Jinn are characteristics of a human being. The word Jinn means to be hidden or concealed. Hidden or concealed where?

Being means that which exists or has existence. Formless spirits don't exist. Men in whom that spirit dwells(hidden) do.

There is no spirit that is independent of matter. Anger, Hatred, ? , Grief are all things that manifest through human beings.

Jinn is a allegorical description of the temperament of the Human being and his inability to control his emotions.

"He created man(Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery. And the jinn did He create from a smokeless flame of fire."

Surah 55: 14 - 15

Jinn aren't allegory there are countless other verses in the Qur'an as well as authentic Sunnah of the Prophet (s.a.w.s) that Jinn weren't simply allegory or metaphorical so how can Allah say that the jinn will have to answer for their deeds on the day of Judgement if they are only meant to be an allegory for man's temperament?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    "He created man(Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery. And the jinn did He create from a smokeless flame of fire."

how can Allah say that the jinn will have to answer for their deeds on the day of Judgement if they are only meant to be an allegory for man's temperament?

Easy. Because they are men. The smokeless flame of fire is not literal it describes the immature stage of man. They can get past that.

The Quran describes Jinn as having relationships and talking to men. Show me a smokeless flame of fire that talks to men.

Remember the Quran says the Jinn comes before the man. What does that mean? It means man has to develop himself beyond a fiery, emotional state to be considered a man. You are not a man just because you are born. You have to grow into that. A child has to learn to control his emotions and mental faculties lest it destroy him and everybody else. This is what made Iblis, his inability to handle disappointment.

Smokeless flames of fire can not speak. Men can though. And think about this. If you say Allah is just and merciful how can he create someone with a fiery temperment and then turn around and punish them for the way he created them? That is not just. That is the opposite of just. The reason why they will answer is because they had the chance to submit and grow like everybody else they just refused.

And be careful what you describe as authentic Sunnah or Hadith. People have made mischief with it. I can show you supposed Authentic Hadith that contradict the Quran. People are being killed for things according to Hadith yet the Quran pronounces something altogether different.
  • supaman4321
    edited August 2011
    Are you implying that because you can't see them they aren't real?

I did not create the Jinns and the human beings except for the purpose that they should worship Me.

Qur'an 51:56

Why would Allah continually make a distinction between man and jinn as being seperate beings but equally accountable for their deeds throughout the Qur'an if they're only allegorical and really reference to man's temperament?

And i'm not sure of the Qur'an saying that jinn comes before man but i'm aware of a hadith which correlates to the angels inquiring about the creation of man and asking Allah if he will place one who will shed blood on the earth.

The creation was also reported by Ibn Abbas (ra):

Two thousand years before (mankind) was created, there were Jinn on (the Earth), and they caused corruption on it and shed blood. Then Allah sent against them a troop of Angels who beat them and cast them away to islands in the seas. So, when Allah said: I am placing (mankind) generations after generations on Earth, They (the Angels) said, Will You place therein one who will cause corruption and shed blood? (Al Baqarah, 2:30), That is: Just as those Jinn did? Then Allah said: I know that which you do not know.

And you contradicted yourself from the jump if something goes against the Qur'an then how can it be considered authentically from the Prophet (s.a.w.s) I welcome you to show me these "authentic" hadith that condone killing and I would be willing to bet that it doesn't point to killing at all and people are just justifying their own actions
  • supaman4321
    edited August 2011
    I'm gonna need some verses of the Qur'an that back up your point of view because everything that i've read in the book point them not only being allegorical but actual beings not saying either of us are right or wrong but i want proof either way