Internet people who THINK they know about gangs...

124»

Comments

• im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Yeah I saw you mention that earlier today. Where did that Ross incident take place? In the city or in the South burbs? It's crazy that that would happen when everytime I go to the club and BMF comes on, the ENTIRE crowd erupts over the "I think I'm Larry Hoover" line. Folks don't get mad, they just throw up the forks and party like usual.

To the rest of your post, that's real. I was born in raised in Terror Town so I know what you're talking about. And it's been summertime so ? are at war.

Let me guess. You think that just because someone is from the suburbs that they aren't in a gang? Chicago's suburbs aren't stereotypical happy go lucky white picket fences and ? . Someone on the IC got shot and killed early this year in a south Chicago suburb.

Obviously im talking about the lighter suburbs of chicago and dont try and tell me there arent any. I never said there arent ? in gangs in suburbs what im saying though is its much more likely to catch a ? that aint bout his ? in the suburbs than in the directly in the gangs heartland.

And thats cool a few people got shot and killed in a courtroom down here whats your point? A gang of people got shot in columbine high school. People can get it everywhere. i wasnt disputing that.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    im_lux wrote: »
    Obviously im talking about the lighter suburbs of chicago and dont try and tell me there arent any. I never said there arent ? in gangs in suburbs what im saying though is its much more likely to catch a ? that aint bout his ? in the suburbs than in the directly in the gangs heartland.

And thats cool a few people got shot and killed in a courtroom down here whats your point? A gang of people got shot in columbine high school. People can get it everywhere. i wasnt disputing that.

What you're saying is dead wrong. If you're not from Chicago, then you don't know that for the past 20+ years black folks have been moved out of the city again back into the suburbs. There's virtually no difference when it comes to ? reppin in the city versus the suburbs. It's all still the Chicagoland area.

lol @ lighter suburbs. Speak on what you know. Which is the point of this thread.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    im_lux wrote: »
    Thats also because chicago gangs (barring the spanish ones) arent as popular outside of their areas as crips or bloods are outside ofcali...but i remember being in cali 10 years ago and some bloods n crips dont know what a lord or disciple was. And they had no presence at all on tv outside of the midwest 10-12 years ago...hard for these people to imitate ? theyve never seen. Not to discredit chi gangs or nothing but theyre gangs werent as well known.

In atlanta though years ago people knew of and claim gd stone and lord because of all the chicago implants running from gang life and all the kids from the suburbs of chicago wanting to be hard in front of these country ?

That is true though.

In College Park/East Point, I heard or GD/Vice Lords way back in the day. About 10 years ago, people in Atl used to say "What Up Folk" like crazy and some still do. I always thought that was because of all the GDs that came to Atl from the Chi.

Mississippi (Jackson, MS is nothing but GDs and VLs), Alabama (? claimed GD), Arkanasas, Tennessee, etc are the same way with the spread of People & Folks to those areas from the Chi.
  • im_lux
    edited August 2011
    What you're saying is dead wrong. If you're not from Chicago, then you don't know that for the past 20+ years black folks have been moved out of the city again back into the suburbs. There's virtually no difference when it comes to ? reppin in the city versus the suburbs. It's all still the Chicagoland area.

lol @ lighter suburbs. Speak on what you know. Which is the point of this thread.

Okay so youre telling me that nowhere anywhere an hours drive or so away in the chicago area is safer than chicago was 10+ years ago?

And im telling you what i seen right here in atlanta it was a gang of ? down here from the suburbs of chicago that lived in decent areas gettin busted lyin bout livin in the city and being in gangs by some ? really from chicago...as a matter of fact i even remember a kids moms even making that point ? on her kids hood ties. I swear some of yall act like its just not possible for your area to be anything but iraq.. youre tellin me ? dyin makes somwhere just as bad as chicago? Come on
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    while there are elements of HipHop to this thread this actually belongs and is moving to the Social Lounge...
  • im_lux
    edited August 2011
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    That is true though.

In College Park/East Point, I heard or GD/Vice Lords way back in the day. About 10 years ago, people in Atl used to say "What Up Folk" like crazy and some still do. I always thought that was because of all the GDs that came to Atl from the Chi.

Mississippi (Jackson, MS is nothing but GDs and VLs), Alabama (? claimed GD), Arkanasas, Tennessee, etc are the same way with the spread of People & Folks to those areas from the Chi.

Yeah that ? was real bad wit high school kids in metro atlanta too every high school kid was gd out here for a while and if you followed the line half the time you would find another outside of chicago kid that more than not had some fabricated story about where he was from or what he went through that was the start of it in that high school.
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    c/s 100%.... i aint seen no rappers outside of chicago claim any chi mob... wit da exception of jody breeze (black stone) but he certified... jody be in da go all da time

3/6 mafia n damn near ev rapper from memphis people or folk.they got bloods too doe
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited August 2011
    Ok heres the itty bitty thing. Gangbanging is dead stupid and ? and RIP to all the innocent and uninnocent lifes lost to that mess. 2nd of all true ? started in Chicago....They had black gangs already a few years after the civil war and there is books about it you can find on amazon. New York was the first to have irish and italian gangs, then Chicago had Italian irish, polish and African American gangs. Gangster Disciples, Vice Lords and Black P Stones were the collection of hundreds of smaller chicago street gangs thats how they became "nations" The only gang scene Cali might of started is mexican gangbanging which started in the 1920s. Chicago already had over 1,000 "gangs" in the 1900s already. The hispanic gangbanging in Chicago is sketchy, but I know Chicago had gangs before LA, not NY though. Color banging actually started in Europe. The Drive-by shooting was started by a irish mobster from chicago named Bugs Moran who controlled the Northside of the city. Hollywood started in Chicago to in the Morgan park, Washington Heights neigborhood and the first film was filmed here in Chicago, but they moved to Los Angeles because of the better weather. That is why LA got some much shine on their gangs....they had Hollywood which brought it to the spotlight like the poster said above and now you have dudes claming this thing all over America. Gangster Disciples and Black Stones and Vice Lords came before Crips and Bloods. Hell you even have Black P Stones in LA because of that fool T Rodgers brought them from Chicago....but over there I guess they call themselves Black Stone Bloods. And LOL at Wayne claming to be a gangbanger at age 30 and wearing zebra pants lol. Anyway Gangbanging is almost dead just let it bury itself.
  • KarolinaSouftoLACali
    KarolinaSouftoLACali Members Posts: 864
    edited August 2011
    Yea i feel u @ t/s

i bet ? dont even kno that Tech N9ne bang blood
    but real bloods kno that Tech N9ne is a blood

And fyi...some of the YM cats aint nowhere near as ? as they make themselves look
    i aint from the N.O. but people from the N.O. can tell u about em
  • im_lux
    edited August 2011
    Yea i feel u @ t/s

i bet ? dont even kno that Tech N9ne bang blood
    but real bloods kno that Tech N9ne is a blood

And fyi...some of the YM cats aint nowhere near as ? as they make themselves look
    i aint from the N.O. but people from the N.O. can tell u about em

I think everybody know tech9 is a blood most of them ? are arent they? I know kutt kalhoun is too.
  • boss jay
    boss jay Members Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Yall dont know much lol GD's and VL's are not gangs or gangbangers...SMH

Bloods n Crips are gangs...
  • im_lux
    edited August 2011
    boss jay wrote: »

Man miss us wit that ? you can call them whatever you want for the police and the white folks the ? is a gang tho
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    c/s 100%.... i aint seen no rappers outside of chicago claim any chi mob... wit da exception of jody breeze (black stone) but he certified... jody be in da go all da time

And the ones from the Chi that's rapping don't be screaming gangs all on they songs, but I remember Common saying "raised amongst Black Disciples and Vice Lords, that don't give a ? about mic chords"
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    boss jay wrote: »

semantics. cant speak for nobody riding under the 5, but GD started as a gang, turned to a street organization, peaked toa natin with the plug in plug out/9th ave piece and then went right back to being a gang as law aint really honored no more. i paid dues, handed out violations and e'rythang so i mos def know what i'm talking about. i remember shawties used to get violated for not going to school or flunking. this was when GD was a nation. now, them shawties be posted up in threes at the food & luiquor all times of day, moving packs for ? my age and older straight sending they ass off. thats gang ? .
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited August 2011
    LOL I am from the motherland I know what Gangster Disciples and Vice Lords are....there gangs.....in the peak of their respective times they were once a nation or organization. These gangs sell drugs, hand out beatings and kidnappings and drive-by shooting. They are just more organized and have heirarchy like their counterparts crips and bloods.
  • des100
    des100 Members Posts: 99
    edited August 2011
    Jay ? wrote: »
    Hell you even have Black P Stones in LA because of that fool T Rodgers brought them from Chicago....but over there I guess they call themselves Black Stone Bloods. .
    stones heavy with the bloods out here too. a charge partner(blood) of a ? (stone) i used to serve robbed his cousin. he didnt want to pay it back cuz the ? was blood.
    3/6 mafia n damn near ev rapper from memphis people or folk.they got bloods too doe
    we got everything out here, ? . EVERYTHANG
  • boss jay
    boss jay Members Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    judahxulu wrote: »
    semantics. cant speak for nobody riding under the 5, but GD started as a gang, turned to a street organization, peaked toa natin with the plug in plug out/9th ave piece and then went right back to being a gang as law aint really honored no more. i paid dues, handed out violations and e'rythang so i mos def know what i'm talking about. i remember shawties used to get violated for not going to school or flunking. this was when GD was a nation. now, them shawties be posted up in threes at the food & luiquor all times of day, moving packs for ? my age and older straight sending they ass off. thats gang ? .

2 15 19 Jay...Im talking by "law" GD is not a gang, not by how ? is now big dawg, ? been messed up all over my ? . PBK over ignorance is what I still preach to the youth. It should be all about Betterment of Self and community uplifting.

I know bout 5 b/c my cousin one and he hung around nothing but 6's...and originally wasnt suppose to be foes until..............You Know...(if u dont then this aint 4 u)...because all of em started as members of the Black Panther

And also Bloods and Crips have no laws..
  • Authentic100
    Authentic100 Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    And the ones from the Chi that's rapping don't be screaming gangs all on they songs, but I remember Common saying "raised amongst Black Disciples and Vice Lords, that don't give a ? about mic chords"

most chicago rappers that do be on that gang bangin ? get locked up or killed before they even get a chance to blow up.

gangstas rappers in the chi do the ? they rap about for real.Chicago doesnt really tolerate fairytale thug rappers
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    I dig where you coming from but you in NYC where everything "starts" how'd they even let a Cali culture even make it over there? I'm just asking a ?, no diss

Cali gang culture spread into nyc from rikers island jail 0g mack and 0g deadeye started this ? as a reaction to the spanish gangs who were ? with blacks. Blacks united and. The latin kings lost the war this was around 94-96.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    from four months ago? no, restart this thread if necessary
This discussion has been closed.