MLK Washington D.C. Memorial = BLACK AMERICA WON

Options
2»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Black America won? Almost NONE of Black America supported King when he was around. He did what Black America was afraid to do.

YOU didn't partake in his courage. You sat at home like a good ? .

LOL at this guy.....Blacks were his biggest supporters, white people were the ones persecuting and I doubt highly Hispanics and Asians participated in MLK's demonstrations in the numbers Blacks did. Without support from the Black community, MLK wouldnt have gone far. You think white people wanted equal rights for Blacks back in the 60s and before? LOL you're ignorant as ? .
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Am I the only one starting to think NameAintEarl is a troll?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Am I the only one starting to think NameAintEarl is a troll?

starting to think.... you late i think that ktulu or some other white interloper..
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    starting to think.... you late i think that ktulu or some other white interloper..

Maybe I havent been on the IC much lately, but yeah I think he's some white dude paid by someone from Stormfront.org or something. I doubt he's KTULU though, even he wouldnt say the dumb ? this guy is saying now
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Maybe I havent been on the IC much lately, but yeah I think he's some white dude paid by someone from Stormfront.org or something. I doubt he's KTULU though, even he wouldnt say the dumb ? this guy is saying now

He is Ktulu. He has admitted it.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    He is Ktulu. He has admitted it.

I stand corrected. I see KTULU has dumbed his posts down, smh........he used to be a smart poster in some ways but he always ended up exposing himself as a closet racist or an idiot 70% of the time. This thread seals it.
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Black America won? Almost NONE of Black America supported King when he was around. He did what Black America was afraid to do.

YOU didn't partake in his courage. You sat at home like a good ? .

C'mon Ktulu, you have to do better than that. The Blacks in the South almost whole heartedly supported King. The ones up North were more reserved in their support. Southern and Middles Class Blacks were down with King like a ? . Now I will admit toward the end of his life many did turn on him because of the growing government propaganda against him and the rising influence of the Black Power movement, but that was in the later years. Also, King was not the start of the civil rights movement. He was the face because he was from a prominent Atlanta family. He was removed from a lot of Southern hostility because Atlanta was a lot more integrated than most southern towns.

And of course I didn't partake. I wasn't born silly. Besides, I am not with letting some redneck peckerwood beat me in the head so I can sip water with his progeny or eat in their restaurants.

I'd much rather have my own water fountain and restaurant.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Getting a memorial after being shat upon for centuries=Win
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i visited the memorial on my way home from work...it was a truly a amazing site to see........

then i seen these two middle aged white woman weeping in tears.... i didn't know what to think...the irony of it all just blanked my thoughts....
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    "I'm Jesse on the balcony when King got Killed" - NaS
    Nas is hiding, nowhere to be found when the shooting is going on? actually, this is probably more accurate than he meant it to be
    jesse wasn't present when king got shot
    but later he made up a story about having king's blood literally on his hands
    preachers stay lyin
    i think he DID go rub some blood on his heads before he spoke to the press that day. you know, while other people were at the hospital with King
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

I'm the only one here who tried to organize efforts to improve the conditions of black inmates caught in the racist prison industry.

Meanwhile, black posters stan Rick Ross, a former Corrections Officer.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Exactly, why do we have to find fault in everything good that happens? Enjoy this and celebrate it as a black american, because it is a huge achievement.
    I was just about to say this.

Reminds me of how black women ? about hiphop no matter what. Black women in the rap video...they mad. BLack women not in the video they mad at that.

Lets just be happy dude got a memorial and it was done right.

BTW our other most famous monument MOUNT RUSHMORE was made by a Danish Immigrant. Its not uncommon for our monuments to be made by non-Americans.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    it's a powerful symbol. yall can argue about the background all u want...

And that's was my point, from a symbolism viewpoint, it's a victory for Black America. Just like Barack Victory. Say what you want about him being controlled by the elites (Which he is), the fact is Barack's election gives every young black or other minorities a symbol that they can get to top. And Please stop this "He's half white" ish, at the end of the day Barack grew up a Black man cause that's how society viewed him. You all know the 1 drop rule. Plus let's keep it 100, Barack married a Black women so it's a Black Family in the White House. At the end of the day he is a symbol and no matter where his presidency ends up, he will be a Legend for showing that yes a man of color can get to the top.

As for Martin, though he had to lose his life, his message has transcended not just american culture but cultures worldwide. He's a Legendary Icon that's why I said he was THE GOAT, which means "GREATEST OF ALL TIME". The fact that this man wasn't a president but get presidential status proves he's even more powerful now than even when he was alive. And LOL @ "Black didn't support Martin". Ok then who was supporting and marching with him? cause it wasn't mostly Whites.

barack_obama-martin_luther_king_95465.jpg
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2011
    Options
    4115445120_df2f98430b.jpg
    ...../////////
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He wasn't a president, he didn't come from a white family, he wasn't born rich yet this man has a memorial amongst all the greats in American History. Say what you want about MLK approach for peace and yes there were more people than MLK that faught the battle for me as a Black Man to be where I am today. But at the end of the day he's the GOAT. He was the one that made those evil devils put a mirror up and run away from there reflection. Yes they clipped him cause they feared him but MLK pulled a Ben Kenobi on they ? :

Obi%20Wan%20Kenobi.jpg

"IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN, I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU COULD POSSIBLY IMAGE"

64154896.jpg

64154925.jpg

64154919.jpg

A Black Man has a Holiday and a Memorial in D.C. = BLACK AMERICA STAND UP. Can't Wait to go check it out.

I'm happy for MLK but, please don't disrespect Brother Malcolm...
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    I'm happy for MLK but, please don't disrespect Brother Malcolm...

No I agree that "X" is one of the GOATS for sure but even he in the end understood Martin's approach and changed his tune.

MLK Memorial Promo Commercial. Ceremony will be broadcast live on 8/28 on the anniversary of the "I Have A Dream" speech.
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sadly for all,

the "civil rights" movement rejected

MLKs "judge by content of character" concept

and adopted the "Whitey owes us" concept.
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sadly for all,

stay black...
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And that's was my point, from a symbolism viewpoint, it's a victory for Black America. Just like Barack Victory. Say what you want about him being controlled by the elites (Which he is), the fact is Barack's election gives every young black or other minorities a symbol that they can get to top. And Please stop this "He's half white" ish, at the end of the day Barack grew up a Black man cause that's how society viewed him. You all know the 1 drop rule. Plus let's keep it 100, Barack married a Black women so it's a Black Family in the White House. At the end of the day he is a symbol and no matter where his presidency ends up, he will be a Legend for showing that yes a man of color can get to the top.

As for Martin, though he had to lose his life, his message has transcended not just american culture but cultures worldwide. He's a Legendary Icon that's why I said he was THE GOAT, which means "GREATEST OF ALL TIME". The fact that this man wasn't a president but get presidential status proves he's even more powerful now than even when he was alive. And LOL @ "Black didn't support Martin". Ok then who was supporting and marching with him? cause it wasn't mostly Whites.

barack_obama-martin_luther_king_95465.jpg

Good points, even if Obama is George W Bush's Black Disciple.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sadly for all,

Lol, whatever you say. You're not still harassing young boys in Thailand are u?
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm the only one here who tried to organize efforts to improve the conditions of black inmates caught in the racist prison industry.

Meanwhile, black posters stan Rick Ross, a former Corrections Officer.

I'm sure you dislocated your shoulder from patting yourself on the back so hard.

Organizing a internet protest on a sub forum that has posters in the tens of ones would not be classified as going hard or a cause for celebratory proclamation.
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i visited the memorial on my way home from work...it was a truly a amazing site to see........

then i seen these two middle aged white woman weeping in tears.... i didn't know what to think...the irony of it all just blanked my thoughts....

I got family in the D.C. area, definitely going to check out the next time I visit. I don't know what I'm going to feel, it looks so damn epic, some of ya'll are acting like you don't know how big this is. And it's not like some small memorial, it's huge. I think it's the perfect symbolism that a hurricane is coming this weekend during the memorial cause Martin was a hurricane to racism and hatred.

martin_luther_king_i_have_a_dream_speech.jpg

6a00d8341c630a53ef0153910054d9970b-640wi

Cool MLK FACT: He actually wasn't born "Martin Luther King Jr" but "Michael King Jr". His named was changed after his father took the family on a trip to Europe and he studied the words of "Martin Luther". He changed both of their names when he got back to the states. Looks like Martin was also a great "Michael" like many others in History with that name.

abc_mlk_memorial_110117_wg.jpg

MLK's Epic Quotes are placed over a huge wall in the memorial in huge letters.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/08/martin-luther-king-jr-memorial-dedication-postponed.html

*Due to the Massive Hurricane Irene, the Ceremony has been postponed to Sept or Oct
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2011
    Options
    MLK-Memorial-in-Washington-A-closer-look-9UASGE9-x-large.jpg

URGyW.SlMa.91.jpg

I will be going to this during the winter for sure, can't wait.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    How long before it gets vandalized?
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nothing wrong with him having a memorial, i just wished falsehoods wouldnt be promoted.

dont really see how this is a win, his dream is still nothing more than a dream and we'd all be better off if it was presented as it is.