KD hit Bron, Melo, and CP3 for 59

Options
BigMeatball
BigMeatball Members Posts: 390
edited August 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Melo’s team beat Durant’s squad 149-141. The statistics were spotty, but the all-nonsense public address announcer said Durant scored 59 points and James had 36.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhLrUUSlvFDC6C.ZZEz8.zm8vLYF?slug=ap-melofriends

Comments

• Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    KD is jus gettin started....Thunderup!
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I heard this ? was on ESPN or something.
    Didn't catch it tho.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He didn't hit anyone with that because I'm sure no one was playing any defense as is the usual practice for those kind of games. So he hit the air up for that?
  • dabullsss
    dabullsss Banned Users Posts: 853
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kobe woulda dropped 62.....and he woulda won
  • BigMeatball
    BigMeatball Members Posts: 390
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He didn't hit anyone with that because I'm sure no one was playing any defense as is the usual practice for those kind of games. So he hit the air up for that?

So, you only get credit if someone is trying to play shut down defense? GTFOHwtbs! Was he just standing under the goal by himself? If it's that easy, why didn't everybody have 50?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So, you only get credit if someone is trying to play shut down defense? GTFOHwtbs! Was he just standing under the goal by himself? If it's that easy, why didn't everybody have 50?

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any credit, but the topic title insinuates that he lit Bron, Melo, and CP3 up. I'm saying that's probably not all that accurate because it's unlikely any of them put any real effort into defending him. He probably made all those points like he did in that other high scoring game i.e. jumpshots with the closest defender being 5 ft away.