Serious Question: Why Aren't People Up In Arms About Dj Khaled Using the N-Word Too?

Ekscape
Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
edited September 2011 in The Reason
There's been this huge backlash about V-Nasty using the N-Word in hip-hop... But why and the hell can Dj Khalad someone of Palestinian descent us the word openly? Or Fat Joe even... Is it okay for any other race except for whites to use it in a non-derrogatory way?

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    spanish folks can say it even though they showed white folks where to get slaves in the first place.
    makes sense.
  • hefty-vulturestatus
    hefty-vulturestatus Members Posts: 811 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    If DJ Khaled were white there would be the same backlash as for V Nasty.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    beating-a-dead-horse-2.jpg

• Ekscape
    edited August 2011
    If DJ Khaled were white there would be the same backlash as for V Nasty.

so you're saying as long as your not white you can say "? "... hispanics, middle eastersns, asians can say ? ? that's alright with you?
  • Ekscape
    edited August 2011
    I'm just saying if you've been on this board ? about V-Nasty and never questioned Khaled or Fat Joe then I question your opinion
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    spanish folks can say it even though they showed white folks where to get slaves in the first place.
    makes sense.

knowledge is power.

But its ok for him to say it. Because he is a sand ? and runs with Rozay!
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Yamoley wrote: »
    beating-a-dead-horse-2.jpg

? you....
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    given that a good portion of Latinos, not spanish people spanish=Spain, are black it serves no purpose to say "they can't say ? "...for all that just make the thread "Why is anybody not African-American allowed to say ? "
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    this ? again too there is already a huge thread about this ? .

i don't agree with him saying that ? either ? 's ain't no better then crackers
  • hefty-vulturestatus
    hefty-vulturestatus Members Posts: 811 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Ekscape wrote: »
    so you're saying as long as your not white you can say "? "... hispanics, middle eastersns, asians can say ? ? that's alright with you?

No, I'm not saying it's ok, just that that's the reality of the situation.
  • Ekscape
    edited August 2011
    Where the f*ck is Gee and all those other ? backing Ross saying the Bay is "? town" for supporting WGM... i'd like to seriously hear their opinions on Khaled
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Man joey is a real ? man ya need to learn hip hop history.Dude gave a computer lab for a public school in the bronx.Put on Pun,Remy,Cuban Linx,Tony Sunshine etc.Raised mad peoples kids I can go on hes a real ? .Been in and outta jail and chose te rap game to be a better person.Held rap down for like decades and still getting hated on.Seriously who is going to make joe stop saying ? ?Dude is hard no fako.

and to finish it off he said black and brown need to be together.He loves black people.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    @Ekscape

The Bay is ? town...

And I download and distribute DJ Khaled albums in front of record stores... I dont support him either.

And what are you doing, trying to find an excuse to say your cool with those white women saying it.

I bet you would let them call you it in bed too.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    really nobody should say that ?
  • Ekscape
    edited August 2011
    @Ekscape

The Bay is ? town...

And I download and distribute DJ Khaled albums in front of record stores... I dont support him either.

And what are you doing, trying to find an excuse to say your cool with those white women saying it.

I bet you would let them call you it in bed too.

I don't listen to V-Nasty or any of those girls... sooooo... and you're saying you distribute khalad records but don't support him? ummmmm ok
  • emanuel08
    emanuel08 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    because he's bout that love & unity , that unity & that love
  • JayToTheZ
    JayToTheZ Members Posts: 454
    edited August 2011
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    knowledge is power.

But its ok for him to say it. Because he is a sand ? and runs with Rozay!

So, since i am about the same skin tone or even darker then DJ Khaled and hangout with black people, it's ok for me to say it?
  • Ekscape
    edited August 2011
    JayToTheZ wrote: »
    So, since i am about the same skin tone or even darker then DJ Khaled and hangout with black people, it's ok for me to say it?

he was being sarcastic...
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Ekscape wrote: »
    I don't listen to V-Nasty or any of those girls... sooooo... and you're saying you distribute khalad records but don't support him? ummmmm ok

Im saying I dont pay for his product, I dont go to his shows, and I dont follow him on Twitter...so no, I dont support him.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    but this ? is ?
    khaled says ? so it should be cool for v-nasty to say it?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    A Palestinian like Khaled and a Puerto Rican like Fat Joe are both oppressed minorities in this country and Palestinians are oppressed in their homeland.

A person of color who identifies himself as a "? " is not the same as a white person who uses the word ? .

I don't agree with anybody using the word ? but when a white ? uses the word it sounds like my grandmother being ? on a southern plantation.

...it sounds like Jim Crow

It sounds like lynching and castration

It sounds like the assassination of Martin Luther King

...it sounds like the KU Klux ? .

Yeah I don't need to hear a white cracka say ? at all because it sounds a lot different coming from his mouth than the extended family of minorities that use the word.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    If Khalad worked at the local corner store would you let him call you ? ? What if he was Korean?
  • Ekscape
    edited August 2011
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    A Palestinian like Khaled and a Puerto Rican like Fat Joe are both oppressed minorities in this country and Palestinians are oppressed in their homeland.

A person of color who identifies himself as a "? " is not the same as a white person who uses the word ? .

I don't agree with anybody using the word ? but when a white ? uses the word it sounds like my grandmother being ? on a southern plantation.

...it sounds like Jim Crow

It sounds like lynching and castration

It sounds like the assassination of Martin Luther King

...it sounds like the KU Klux ? .

Yeah I don't need to hear a white cracka say ? at all because it sounds a lot different coming from his mouth than the extended family if minorities that use the word.

this is the dumbest ? ever... you can't have it both ways... I'm not cool with anyone saying it... Anyone that is not cool with v-nasty saying it should go just at hard at Khalad or Fat Joe but they don't for reason i'm trying to but can't understand... like Game, game called those girls out, how come he don't call out Khalad to?
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    If Khalad worked at the local corner store would you let him call you ? ? What if he was Korean?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I think the Peckawood attempts to make a concerted effort to draw criticism away from fellow Peckawoods by acting like everything is of the same severity.

Sick whites are so disappointed that they can't call us ? /ni99ers that they sit and whine and say: "That's not fair dude, you Blacks let DJ Khaled say it".

Whites look at all us minorities as ni99ers, sand-ni99ers, rice-ni99ers, or red-ni99ers so it's obvious we have a common enemy and that's were our common bond lies.