The case against Jay-z (Im just trying to understand some of yall thinking)

Options
REALESTATEGURU215
REALESTATEGURU215 Members Posts: 3
edited March 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Ok Ok I was sitting here on my computer and I dont understand why Jay-z gets so much leeway when he has shown some inconsistency in his character? I mean I love Jay-z as an artist but lately I haven't liked his music as much partly because he is embracing this new swagg movement but I call it "? music" (Drake,Cuddi, Wayne) any way I look at the roc and what they had in the late 90's early 00's and I saw how Jay-z came to my home town philly and picked up some dudes he knew would hold him down and ride for him I really believe if it wasn't for state property alot of rappers would have taxed his ass (D-Block,Nas,Dipset) but we know State Property held it down for him Beans in particular now lets keep this in mind none of jay-z's ex artist are rich none what so ever and jay-z gets love for his while a cat like 50 cent got game, buck, yayo, and banks all rich and did way more for his artist then jay ever did and he gets nothing but hate Jay-z called the police on Beans (he snitched crazy) and he gets love for it I just dont understand why this is always over looked like his money makes up for the disloyalty this dude has shown on top of that jay feels like he dosent have to respond to rappers who come at him at the end of the day hip hop has always been about showing and proving lyrical skill so jay not responding means he isnt good enough or he is scared.

Comments

• tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok Ok I was sitting here on my computer and I dont understand why Jay-z gets so much leeway when he has shown some inconsistency in his character? I mean I love Jay-z as an artist but lately I haven't liked his music as much partly because he is embracing this new swagg movement but I call it "? music" (Drake,Cuddi, Wayne) any way I look at the roc and what they had in the late 90's early 00's and I saw how Jay-z came to my home town philly and picked up some dudes he knew would hold him down and ride for him I really believe if it wasn't for state property alot of rappers would have taxed his ass (D-Block,Nas,Dipset) but we know State Property held it down for him Beans in particular now lets keep this in mind none of jay-z's ex artist are rich none what so ever and jay-z gets love for his while a cat like 50 cent got game, buck, yayo, and banks all rich and did way more for his artist then jay ever did and he gets nothing but hate Jay-z called the police on Beans (he snitched crazy) and he gets love for it I just dont understand why this is always over looked like his money makes up for the disloyalty this dude has shown on top of that jay feels like he dosent have to respond to rappers who come at him at the end of the day hip hop has always been about showing and proving lyrical skill so jay not responding means he isnt good enough or he is scared.

I Wouldnt say that..................D-Block and ROC was cool for the most part (Minus the Crew beef), they Didnt Really help him with NaS, and DipSet had the own problems, They was kinda funny stlye to begin with
  • maxxb
    maxxb Members Posts: 58
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hello?
    Have you been living under a rock?
    ? music is takin over.
    Things that were once immeasurable by material means are now being measured by money.
    It doesnt matter how real you are, if you have money you can be the fakest person on earth and still get love, just because the ignorant latest generation supports money so much.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well, Jay-Z really doesn't have to say anything. Whether it is a good thing or not is in question. I personally think Jay just needs to hang it up and not get sucked in to the music that is right now, but I believe that is what is going on. Business move or not, Jay is taking his own self out of his element. Jay don't sound the same anymore and a lot of rappers with some lyrical skill are taking advantage of that. Mess with "The Blueprint" Jay-Z and you got problems. The BP3 Jay-Z will make people who can't rap feel they can battle him.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    cosign this thread jay nice but hes still a ? riding ? who loves the attention