Serious Question: Why Aren't People Up In Arms About Dj Khaled Using the N-Word Too?

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    There have been plenty of threads talking about Khaled and Joe saying '? '. Where you been at, fam? Cats aren't as up in arms about it as V-Nesty, but then again the history of oppression, ownership, physical intimidation and violence, institutionalized discrimination, etc, against blacks wasn't at the hands of Arabs or Latinos, was it?

Was this a rhetorical question, cause the ? seems like common sense to me. Not saying that it's right, but if you really don't understand why people are more sensitive to a white girl saying '? ' that other people of color...then you aren't very intelligent. But I don't think that's the case.

Cose thread.
  • Check Mate
    Check Mate Members Posts: 472
    edited August 2011
    What about DJ Drama?
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    mryounggun wrote: »
    There have been plenty of threads talking about Khaled and Joe saying '? '. Where you been at, fam? Cats aren't as up in arms about it as V-Nesty, but then again the history of oppression, ownership, physical intimidation and violence, institutionalized discrimination, etc, against blacks wasn't at the hands of Arabs or Latinos, was it?

Was this a rhetorical question, cause the ? seems like common sense to me. Not saying that it's right, but if you really don't understand why people are more sensitive to a white girl saying '? ' that other people of color...then you aren't very intelligent. But I don't think that's the case.

Cose thread.
    Arab Slave trade ring a bell. And yes it still goes on in Africa.

Mauritania I think has the most slaves today if Im not mistaken
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Ekscape wrote: »
    this is the dumbest ? ever... you can't have it both ways... I'm not cool with anyone saying it... Anyone that is not cool with v-nasty saying it should go just at hard at Khalad or Fat Joe but they don't for reason i'm trying to but can't understand... like Game, game called those girls out, how come he don't call out Khalad to?

Maybe you lack the brainpower to understand, let me explain one more time for the deaf, dumb, and blind.

I repeat: I don't agree with anybody saying it but I'm smart enough to know the difference between my extended family saying it and you and A white ? saying it.

When you crackas say the word it sounds like my grandfather being mutilated on a southern plantation.

It sounds like The Tuskegee experiment

It sounds like Cointelpro

It sounds like attack-dogs and water-hoses being used on peaceful demonstrators marching for equal rights.

It sounds like the assassination of Fred Hampton

......it sounds like the Neo-Nazis.

Yeah I don't need to hear a white cracka say ? at all because it sounds a lot different coming from his mouth than the extended family of minorities that use the word.
  • mryounggun
    edited August 2011
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Arab Slave trade ring a bell. And yes it still goes on in Africa.

Mauritania I think has the most slaves today if Im not mistaken

Let's be realistic, B. The average American doesn't know and doesn't care about that. The Transatlantic Slave trade is what brought the slaves to this country and was responsible for instituting the cycle of oppression of black people by white people that is still taking place. That's why ? is wildin' over V-Nasty. You're a pretty savvy poster, B. Let's not play games. I know you know that.

Again, not saying it's right, but ? in here acting clueless.
  • emanuel08
    emanuel08 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    what is dj dramas background , is he half black half white
  • mryounggun
    edited August 2011
    emanuel08 wrote: »
    what is dj dramas background , is he half black half white

yes.......
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited August 2011
    smh@ this stupid thread KHALED & FAT JOE r not WHITE yes they r non blkz but they r not WHITE white people can neva say niggga i dont care how hood they think they r or wat eva & im not sayin that itz rite fa khaled & ? 2 say ? but 9 outta 10 timez they both got blk n they blood so itz kool plus SUM1 ALREADY CHECK;D KHALED FA SAYIN ? SO THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS
    blackrain wrote: »
    given that a good portion of Latinos, not spanish people spanish=Spain, are black it serves no purpose to say "they can't say ? "...for all that just make the thread "Why is anybody not African-American allowed to say ? "

thank u! smh
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    this ? again too there is already a huge thread about this ? .

i don't agree with him saying that ? either ? 's ain't no better then crackers

khaled is not a ?
    but this ? is ?
    khaled says ? so it should be cool for v-nasty to say it?

khaled does not say ? no mo go listen 2 his nu album sum1 check;d him already,.,.
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited August 2011
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Maybe you lack the brainpower to understand, let me explain one more time for the deaf, dumb, and blind.

I repeat: I don't agree with anybody saying it but I'm smart enough to know the difference between my extended family saying it and you and A white ? saying it.

When you crackas say the word it sounds like my grandfather being mutilated on a southern plantation.

It sounds like The Tuskegee experiment

It sounds like Cointelpro

It sounds like attack-dogs and water-hoses being used on peaceful demonstrators marching for equal rights.

It sounds like the assassination of Fred Hampton

......it sounds like the Neo-Nazis.

Yeah I don't need to hear a white cracka say ? at all because it sounds a lot different coming from his mouth than the extended family if minorities that use the word.

and let me explain again for the deaf dumb and blind.... I'm black not white, I don't agree with anyone saying it nor is there any justification you can make or try to understand why someone of "Palestinian" descent is viewed as okay to say the word... and for you to go on and pretty much say it "sounds better" coming out of the mouth of someone of spanish or middle eastern descent pretty much ends this conversation of ours smh
  • Ekscape
    edited August 2011
    gee757 wrote: »
    smh@ this stupid thread KHALED & FAT JOE r not WHITE yes they r non blkz but they r not WHITE white people can neva say niggga i dont care how hood they think they r or wat eva & im not sayin that itz rite fa khaled & ? 2 say ? but 9 outta 10 timez they both got blk n they blood so itz kool plus SUM1 ALREADY CHECK;D KHALED FA SAYIN ? SO THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS

thank u! smh

khaled is not a ?

khaled does not say ? no mo go listen 2 his nu album sum1 check;d him already,.,.

so you are saying you're okay if the person some how has a black person in their blood line?... so if V-Nasty's great great great grandfather was black it would be okay for her to say the word? you would consider it "kool"?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011

thank u! smh

khaled is not a ?

what is he?
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Honestly, I don't care who says it.
  • KingJamal
    edited August 2011
    Let's be realistic, B. The average American doesn't know and doesn't care about that. The Transatlantic Slave trade is what brought the slaves to this country and was responsible for instituting the cycle of oppression of black people by white people that is still taking place. That's why ? is wildin' over V-Nasty. You're a pretty savvy poster, B. Let's not play games. I know you know that.

I see wat u sayin'
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited August 2011
    He's a sand ? he can say it...
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    There's been this huge backlash about V-Nasty using the N-Word in hip-hop... But why and the hell can Dj Khalad someone of Palestinian descent us the word openly? Or Fat Joe even... Is it okay for any other race except for whites to use it in a non-derrogatory way?

Apparently.
  • KingJamal
    edited August 2011
    Honestly, I don't care who says it.

come on msleading u a know ur not gonna let a white guy refer to u as ? like its ur name
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011

I'm an Afrikan-American so that's my frame of reference. You got these clueless avatars that are so clueless they deserve to be sterilized and lobotomized.

Puerto Ricans didn't bomb a church in Alabama and ? 3 little Black girls because of their skin color

Palestinians didn't gouge out Emmit Till's eye-? and drown him in a swamp for whistling at a white ?

When the white-American calls you a "? /ni99er:

It sounds like gentrification

It sounds like Racial profiling DWB

It sounds like all-white juries

It sounds like predatory lending targeting Blacks

It sounds like the ? Brotherhood

Yeah I don't need to hear a white cracka say ? at all because it sounds a lot different coming from his mouth than the extended family if minorities that use the word.
  • gee757
    edited August 2011
    so you are saying you're okay if the person some how has a black person in their blood line?... so if V-Nasty's great great great grandfather was black it would be okay for her to say the word? you would consider it "kool"?

yes if a person recoginize they african ancestry & can provide PROOF that they have blk n they blood who am i 2 tell them they cant say ? ? dont u know that therr is mo AFRO LATINOZ then AFRO EMERICANZ? & V-NASTY is straight cracka she aint got no blk n her i dont care how many blk dickz shez had n her
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    what is he?

palestinian
  • MissLeading
    edited August 2011
    KingJamal wrote: »
    come on msleading u a know ur not gonna let a white guy refer to u as ? like its ur name

What should I do? Allow his ignorance to affect me? Try to fight him? Cuss him out? Honestly, I can ignore the hell out of someone when I want to. Lol.

Sticks and stones....
  • KidLife10200
    KidLife10200 Members Posts: 1,075
    edited August 2011
    SMH @ some of these people getting mad at white using the word "? " but then they go on and call white people "crackas."\

Hypocrites
  • Ekscape
    edited August 2011
    yes if a person recoginize they african ancestry & can provide PROOF that they have blk n they blood who am i 2 tell them they cant say ? ? dont u know that therr is mo AFRO LATINOZ then AFRO EMERICANZ? & V-NASTY is straight cracka she aint got no blk n her i dont care how many blk dickz shez had n her

awww hell naw lmao... you have gotta be kidding me... so if a white person that has a great great great great great great black grandfather says "? " you are okay with it?.... ? you are fkn ridiculous lmao.... and also i'd like to ask do you think Rick Ross is a ? for running with Khaled and never checking him about saying ? ?
  • KingJamal
    edited August 2011
    What should I do? Allow his ignorance to affect me? Try to fight him? Cuss him out? Honestly, I can ignore the hell out of someone when I want to. Lol.

Sticks and stones....
    Well if it works for u then cool

But as for me.......It ain't goin down like that lol
  • MissLeading
    edited August 2011
    SMH @ some of these people getting mad at white using the word "? " but then they go on and call white people "crackas."\

Hypocrites

I think more black people should respond to the "n" word in the same manner that white people respond to that word. I havent seen one white person get offended when a black person says that.

I know the history is different but people especially ignorant people don't deserve that much of a response. The more someone can affect you, the more power they have over you.
  • gee757
    edited August 2011

Hypocrites

lol@ hypocritez...gtfoh if these feminem woodface lovin white boyz on herr can type ? imma type CRACKA!
    awww hell naw lmao... you have gotta be kidding me... so if a white person that has a great great great great great great black grandfather says "? " you are okay with it?.... ? you are fkn ridiculous lmao.... and also i'd like to ask do you think Rick Ross is a ? for running with Khaled and never checking him about saying ? ?

SMH now ya just bein SILLY!....& wtf y do u dumb fukz act like ross is da only 1that allowed khaled 2 say ? ? plus i already told u that sum1 check;d khaled he does not say ? no mo go listen 2 his nu album ya THREAD IS POINTLESS
  • KingJamal
    edited August 2011
    I think more black people should respond to the "n" word in the same manner that white people respond to that word. I havent seen one white person get offended when a black person says that.

I know the history is different but people especially ignorant people don't deserve that much of a response. The more someone can affect you, the more power they have over you.

Msleading lemme give u an example of what can happen to u. Say u have a 5 year old child. They come home from school crying saying everybody in class was laughing and calling me a ? . What does that mean mommy? Do u tell him just to ignore it or do u get serious and go up to school and let them know this ? is not gonna keep happening and if it does there is gonna be a problem?

This ain't the 50s and nobody is gonna call me out my name with consequences