Pusha T Inks Solo Deal With Def Jam Records

Kame
Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Reason
6101281884_7171233b2f.jpg

Here’s another stepping stone in the music career of Pusha T. The G.O.O.D. Music signee has officially inked a solo deal with Def Jam Records. While there’s no release date for his yet-to-be-titled solo debut on Def Jam, fans can expect his Fear Of ? 2: Let Us Pray EP to come out next month.

“Solidifying my first solo venture, G.O.O.D Music/DefJam is my home. That machine with my creativity is gonna make for satisfied hiphop fans,” said Pusha.

Props to KC

After the jump Pusha talks a little about that official debut while over in Las Vegas…..

During the annual Magic/Slate convention in Las Vegas, Bootleg Kev catches up with Mr. Thornton on his solo debut, The Clipse, working with Kanye West and more.

We spoke on the progression of Play Cloths, the Clipse being fashion trail blazers, Fear of ? 2, linking up with Decon Records, his debut album – which is no longer dropping on Black Friday, the difference between Pusha T’s music and The Clipse’s music, his producer wish list for the album, if another Clipse album is dropping, and he speaks a little bit on the Consequence, and how he still listens to Hell Hath No Fury every day.

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    good for pusha
  • Kame
    edited August 2011
    GOOD trying to make some moves

first Ye moves the whole label to a joint venture with Def Jam

than No Id becomes vp over there

Now Pusha signs with them as a solo artist?
  • Kame
    edited August 2011
    Who else on def jam on GOOD already?

Big Sean
    Ye... I think
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    no one gives a ? about the clipse or pusha t
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Congrats to Pusha T his fear of ? mixtape went hard...btw any idea who his lady friend is Kame?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Im not positive but isnt Cyhi with them too? i know Common is the black sheep and with geffen
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    what does he say about the clipse?
  • Kame
    edited August 2011
    what does he say about the clipse?

Im looking for the video cant find it though
  • Kame
    edited August 2011
  • hhh thats me
    hhh thats me Members Posts: 136
    edited August 2011
    Good is tryna make their Good music artists release albums so obviously they need to sign separate solo deals.. They're all signed to Def Jam as a LABEL but very few of them got solo deals with Def Jam..

Real spit tho it seems like the artists at def jam got the biggest creative control of their ? .. Big Sean basically got to pick his ? back to back so does Kid Cudi and not Pusha about to realease his ? on DJ and I don't expect them to wanna push some "how to love" type of ? on him.. They'll let him do him. That's what I love about Def Jam they believe in their artists.
  • BackInWhite
    edited August 2011
    what the ? has pusha t done to deserve a record deal tho?
  • Kame
    edited August 2011

Well some critically acclaimed ? with the clipse... some good ? with kanye
    Commercially nothing besides grindin though...
    I guess they really just want to let pusha put out an album
    I dont see this selling at all tbh
    As long as he put out some good ? im fine
  • kuskklassic
    kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Pusha T will release classic album TRUST ME! all 3 Clipse albums were critical acclaimed with the first 2 being considered classics.

Kanye West executive producing it. u see what that did for Common's comeback era of BE and Finding Forever!

Neptunes are still goin to give him that classic ? they use to produce together.

u can expect verses from Kanye and Malice. a small amount of features would be the best way to go.

aside from beats by Ye and The Tunes. i think he should ? with No ID and Just Blaze.

i think he should stay away from the commercial ? and follow a concept similar to Hell hath No Fury. a dark, lyric driven album.

stay away from the obvious Lex Luger production. even tho i could see this happening off the strength of the VA connection.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011

he know the right people, hahaha you think this got something to do with talent even tho he got talent
  • Kame
    edited August 2011
    yea and he know the right people
  • kuskklassic
    edited August 2011
    no one gives a ? about the clipse or pusha t

u cared enough to click on the thread and then respond.
  • BackInWhite
    edited August 2011
    u cared enough to click on the thread and then respond.

lmao @ your logic
    ? i got almost 18k posts
    but let's see if my post in this thread equates to record sales, ?
  • kuskklassic
    edited August 2011
    lmao @ your logic
    ? i got almost 18k posts

why as fans/listeners do we care about SALES??? we aint seeing none of these artist money so sales shouldnt mean ? to us. lets see if sale equates to the quality of an album....cuz Wayne done proved 2 albums in a row that high sales dont mean good album. i'd rather listen to a good album then to watch the sales charts.
  • kuskklassic
    edited August 2011
    lmao @ your logic
    ? i got almost 18k posts

and 18k post just means u spend to much time on the net. we both been members since Dec 09 but i have less than 400 and u got 18k lmao. stop typing and see wat the outside world is doin.
  • BackInWhite
    edited August 2011
    why as fans/listeners do we care about SALES??? we aint seeing none of these artist money so sales shouldnt mean ? to us. lets see if sale equates to the quality of an album....cuz Wayne done proved 2 albums in a row that high sales dont mean good album. i'd rather listen to a good album then to watch the sales charts.

i'd rather for an artist i support to be successful than be a selfish ? only concerned with good music
    i mean
    good music is the top thing to worry about but if a ? doin slaughterhouse numbers you may not get anymore of that good music
    ya feel me?
  • BackInWhite
    edited August 2011
    and 18k post just means u spend to much time on the net. we both been members since Dec 09 but i have less than 400 and u got 18k lmao. stop typing and see wat the outside world is doin.

ain't ? goin on
    ? across the street car got stolen, i watched him chase the ? who stole it down in his sister car
    almost got into a fight with a junkie the other morning cuz he ain't cut my grass right
    i'm cool, b
  • kuskklassic
    edited August 2011
    i'd rather for an artist i support to be successful than be a selfish ? only concerned with good music
    i mean
    good music is the top thing to worry about but if a ? doin slaughterhouse numbers you may not get anymore of that good music
    ya feel me?

well Slaughterhouse did garbage ass numbers and then got picked up by the biggest machine in the industry. and thats not being selfish becuz i would rather listen to quality ? . i mean who settles for garbage jus cuz its selling???? are u 16?
  • BackInWhite
    edited August 2011
    well Slaughterhouse did garbage ass numbers and then got picked up by the biggest machine in the industry. and thats not being selfish becuz i would rather listen to quality ? . i mean who settles for garbage jus cuz its selling???? are u 16?

did you not see where i said good music is the #1 priority?
    but making good music isn't the only priority, ?
    how many more chances you think slaughterhouse is gonna get to go triple shoestring?
  • kuskklassic
    edited August 2011
    ain't ? goin on
    ? across the street car got stolen, i watched him chase the ? who stole it down in his sister car
    almost got into a fight with a junkie the other morning cuz he ain't cut my grass right
    i'm cool, b

hop off the porch and go and see the world is wat im saying. get a job, sum money, or sum ? . stop lettin the net brainwash u into thinking wack ? is acceptable cuz u being force-fed da ? . lmao.

PUSHA T deserves his deal just like anybody else. cuz he has been working for it since Lord Willin and has proven himself as a great artist. jus never had that solo guidance until now.
  • kuskklassic
    edited August 2011
    did you not see where i said good music is the #1 priority?
    but making good music isn't the only priority, ?
    how many more chances you think slaughterhouse is gonna get to go triple shoestring?

first off im not a fan of Slaughterhouse, i do ? wit Joe buddens music tho. so even if as a group they dont succeed they can all go back to doin wat they were doin and thats adding to thier underground legacies..(well Royce,Joe,Crooked I are underground legends..joell ortiz aint dat tho)