Section.80 is pretty damn tough.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Kendrick dope. stop throwing labels around and let homie make his music
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    West coast was sayin Bishop Lamont had next then Kendrick dropped one mixtape and is suddenly heralded as the next West Coast Messiah.

These West Coast buffoons can't seem to make up their minds as to who they want to carry the torch, most of them are trend-jumping media stooges.

One mixtape? He's had three under the name k.dot and three under the name Kendrick Lamar. They're barely mix tapes as well, they're pretty much albums but are labelled as EP's (the three under Kendrick Lamar's Government name, at least).

Read up on him in The Essence, he's the Artist of the Month.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Bishop was/is dope, but i dont remember anybody callin him the savior..he was always kinda in the background when the New West was brought up..
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Kendrick can rap the 1st time I heard was on Blackwallstreet Journal Vol.1. . Now he can rap , his vocals are ? tho, and the 5 songs I heard from (Michael Jordan,Reagan Era,Hi Power, Hol up,ADHD,Rigamotis) 3 of the 5 songs he was biting . Now i have heard him on features and he kills them but he still hasn't impressed me enough for me to say he dope like that he okay.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I'm from Chicago and think section 80 was dope as hell

I think Kendrick might be here to stay. The kid is ill.
  • soul rattler
    edited August 2011
    smh @ hearing "Rigamortis" and not being impressed. ? outta here with that ? .
  • MC The Rapper
    edited August 2011
    smh @ hearing "Rigamortis" and not being impressed. ? outta here with that ? .

you have heard ? spit fire before right
  • soul rattler
    edited August 2011
    you have heard ? spit fire before right

I don't know where you're going with this question, but Rigamortis was what finally convinced me that Kendrick is a dope rapper... then I checked out the rest of his music. Before then, I had only heard Hiipower, which I didn't really care for.

Anyway, I question your capacity to appreciate good artistry if you can sit there with a straight face and say Rigamortis isn't impressive.
  • MC The Rapper
    edited August 2011
    I don't know where you're going with this question, but Rigamortis was what finally convinced me that Kendrick is a dope rapper... then I checked out the rest of his music. Before then, I had only heard Hiipower, which I didn't really care for.

Anyway, I question your capacity to appreciate good artistry if you can sit there with a straight face and say Rigamortis isn't impressive.

He rap don't he supposed to be able to spit.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Smh @ this "savior" ?

That's where ? go wrong

Call him dope & be done with it
  • PLASTIC RULES
    PLASTIC RULES Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Remember when ? was sayin Knocturnal was gonna bring the west bacc?
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i thought is was kinda mediocre. The production didn't move me. but lamar is a good artists

Liked the flow of the album. Kush and Corithians is nuts.... think the mixtape itself is slept on
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    what happened to hitman?