Floyd/Ortiz 24/7 Ep 1

Options
12346»

Comments

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Naw bruh, ? dont call grown men "lil floyd" unless the jr still goes by that, it's just disrespectful.

How's that disrespectful? Floyd Jr can be 45 years old, he will still be "Jr" or "lil floyd" to his dad.

I can see if he called him "lil peanut head boy" or "lil ? ass n*gga".
  • Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited August 2011
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    How's that disrespectful? Floyd Jr can be 45 years old, he still "Jr" or "lil floyd" to his dad.

I can see if he called him "lil peanut head boy" or "? ass n*gga".

He's a grown man, he isn't a little boy anymore and sr clearly doesn't realize it. If floyd went by "lil floyd" then it would be okay, but he doesn't identify with that so continuing to call him such is disrespectful.
  • d.green
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He's a grown man but he's still a son to Floyd Mayweather Sr.
  • aijalon
    aijalon Members Posts: 919
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm not going to judge any of them. Floyd has spoken about his father being abusive to his mother in the past. You can tell he has some unresolved issues with his father. The way he handled it was wrong but it's understandable. I commend Roger for pulling him to the side though. They need to try and work it out. At the end of the day blood is blood.
  • Carlos Loozer
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He's a grown man but he's still a son to Floyd Mayweather Sr.

So the only way to acknowledge someone being your kid is to undermine them being a man?
  • d.green
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So the only way to acknowledge someone being your kid is to undermine them being a man?

Never said that but just saying no matter if he's 50 yrs old...he's a SON to his DAD.

No it doesnt mean he should be disrespected but calling your son "lil floyd" as he was probably called all of his life isnt disrespectful in my opinion.

His dad wouldn't just start calling him that out of the blue. Now he's too rich to be called Floyd Mayweather Jr now?!?
  • Carlos Loozer
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Never said that but just saying no matter if he's 50 yrs old...he's a SON to his DAD.

No it doesnt mean he should be disrespected but calling your son "lil floyd" as he was probably called all of his life isnt disrespectful in my opinion.

His dad wouldn't just start calling him that out of the blue. Now he's too rich to be called Floyd Mayweather Jr now?!?

You didn't say it but you implied it by your posts.
    It's disrespectful because his son doesn't identify himself as "lil floyd", he is a grown man. It doesn't matter if you've whooped your child with a belt for 14 years, once they get a certain age ? will stop because they are older.
    Calling him floyd mayweather jr isn't the same as calling him "lil floyd", stop that stupid ? ? .
  • d.green
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You didn't say it but you implied it by your posts.
    It's disrespectful because his son doesn't identify himself as "lil floyd", he is a grown man. It doesn't matter if you've whooped your child with a belt for 14 years, once they get a certain age ? will stop because they are older.
    Calling him floyd mayweather jr isn't the same as calling him "lil floyd", stop that stupid ? ? .

U act as if his dad calls him that as its his first name. I doubt he does that but i dont know.

I just dont see it as disrespectful but i guess some do.

His dad started the boxing in the family...respect the man for that at least.
  • Carlos Loozer
    edited August 2011
    Options
    U act as if his dad calls him that as its his first name. I doubt he does that but i dont know.

I just dont see it as disrespectful but i guess some do.

His dad started the boxing in the family...respect the man for that at least.

His dad calling him that at all is disrespectful. Plus his dad might have started the boxing but he also started the culture of disrespect with his son too.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ya'll ? buggin talkin bout he disrespectin Floyd...it's his pops, and he's always gonna be his pops even though he's grown and like i said in my original post i don't think he means any disrespect by it, thats just what he's been calling his SON his whole life..Apparently Floyd doesn't have a problem with it cuz he hasnt said anything about it....I know mad ? that are Jr's and their pops still call them "lil" before their name..It's a father-son thing not direspect....Like I said before, i don't necessarily agree with fathers doing that, but they're not tryna be disrespectful..They just see their son as a "lil" them..
  • Carlos Loozer
    edited August 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    Ya'll ? buggin talkin bout he disrespectin Floyd...it's his pops, and he's always gonna be his pops even though he's grown and like i said in my original post i don't think he means any disrespect by it, thats just what he's been calling his SON his whole life..

It doesn't matter if it's his pops and if he has been doing it for no matter how long, he knows his son doesn't like it, he knows it makes his son mad, yet he continues to do it, clearly deliberate once you consider that. Like i said in a previous post, it doesn't matter if you whooped your child with a belt for 14 years, once they get a certain age and become grown ? has to stop or you are just being disrespectful.

Apparently Floyd doesn't have a problem with it cuz he hasnt said anything about it....I know mad ? that are Jr's and their pops still call them "lil" before their name

Okay and? They probably identify with that and their relationships with their fathers are probably different.

..It's a father-son thing not direspect....Like I said before, i don't necessarily agree with fathers doing that, but they're not tryna be disrespectful..They just see their son as a "lil" them..

No it's a disrespect thing. Once someone reaches a certain age you can't treat them the same way. Could you imagine a father telling his son "come here little buddy ill read you a bedtime story" and his son is 34? ? some ? just has to stop.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol its not that serious