Pusha T Inks Solo Deal With Def Jam Records

Options

Comments

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hop off the porch and go and see the world is wat im saying. get a job, sum money, or sum ? . stop lettin the net brainwash u into thinking wack ? is acceptable cuz u being force-fed da ? . lmao.

PUSHA T deserves his deal just like anybody else. cuz he has been working for it since Lord Willin and has proven himself as a great artist. jus never had that solo guidance until now.

he's proved himself as a ? who can rap
    you know how many ? can rap that don't deserve deals?
    stop thinkin cuz a ? can rap that he's worth dumping money and time and effort into
    ? ain't been ? since grinding
    and i'm 25, ?
    i done probably counted more money than you've seen in 1 spot in your entire life
    stop lettin the net brainwash you into thinkin any ? with a high post count and a differing opinion is some ? , broke, net geek
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hop off the porch and go and see the world is wat im saying. get a job, sum money, or sum ? . stop lettin the net brainwash u into thinking wack ? is acceptable cuz u being force-fed da ? . lmao.

PUSHA T deserves his deal just like anybody else. cuz he has been working for it since Exclusive Audio Footage and has proven himself as a great artist. jus never had that solo guidance until now.

Fixed..................
  • kuskklassic
    kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    he's proved himself as a ? who can rap
    you know how many ? can rap that don't deserve deals?
    stop thinkin cuz a ? can rap that he's worth dumping money and time and effort into
    ? ain't been ? since grinding
    and i'm 25, ?
    i done probably counted more money than you've seen in 1 spot in your entire life
    stop lettin the net brainwash you into thinkin any ? with a high post count and a differing opinion is some ? , broke, net geek

yea alot of ? can rap but alot of people dont deserve deals cuz they not working for it. and they aint been ? since Grindin too who??? you?? these ? never sold millions so why look at that now?? they get the critical acclaim they need. thats what they want. and i dont know how much money u have counted just like u dont know how much ive counted or the spots i been too. where im from ? is real so we listen to real ? we can relate too not wat 106 n Park or billboard charts tell us is hot. cuz we dont focus on dat ? . and im not being brainwashed im just pretty sure by your post that u are a lame. who worries about sales except the ? in the industry that i actually affects?
  • kuskklassic
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Fixed..................

exactly. EAF was that steppin stone that led the way for Lord Willin to even happen.

i just never understood why fans focus on sales to judge a rappers credibility. Clipse are one of the few groups who coulda went the commercial route, hell they had the hottest producer at the time behind them. they CHOSE to make the type of music they did. exactly why they are considered legends in the Hip Hop game.
  • BackInWhite
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yea alot of ? can rap but alot of people dont deserve deals cuz they not working for it. and they aint been ? since Grindin too who??? you?? these ? never sold millions so why look at that now?? they get the critical acclaim they need. thats what they want. and i dont know how much money u have counted just like u dont know how much ive counted or the spots i been too. where im from ? is real so we listen to real ? we can relate too not wat 106 n Park or billboard charts tell us is hot. cuz we dont focus on dat ? . and im not being brainwashed im just pretty sure by your post that u are a lame. who worries about sales except the ? in the industry that i actually affects?

yeah, i'm a lame
    you figured me out, internet cool guy
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That's a good look. why did Malice stop rapping tho????
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sounds about right. Def Jam hasnt had a major imprint under their label since the Roc broke up and Murder Ink got kicked out the building.
  • kuskklassic
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah, i'm a lame
    you figured me out, internet cool guy

wat does that mean?? lol oh sum lame ? .

but thanks for making a theard about Pusha T 4 pages deep, even tho u dont care bout him or the Clipse as a whole. let me guess Wayne is yo fav rapper, Wiz is coolest new guy out, and Big Sean is the next great thing your eyes???

UGk, Wu tang, Mos Def, etc. have been flopping for years but always manage to still put out material becuz they industry respects their greatness and not their sale or popularity.
  • kuskklassic
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That's a good look. why did Malice stop rapping tho????

Pusha said Malice didnt stop rapping he was just focusing on his book. he said u can expect another Clipse album cuz Malice is ready.
  • BackInWhite
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wat does that mean?? lol oh sum lame ? .

but thanks for making a theard about Pusha T 4 pages deep, even tho u dont care bout him or the Clipse as a whole. let me guess Wayne is yo fav rapper, Wiz is coolest new guy out, and Big Sean is the next great thing your eyes???

UGk, Wu tang, Mos Def, etc. have been flopping for years but always manage to still put out material becuz they industry respects their greatness and not their sale or popularity.

? i don't give a ? about none of them ? you named
    and this thread is 1 page deep, sir
    the majority of posts in this ? is about record sales
    so....yeah, go pusha t!
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Pusha said Malice didnt stop rapping he was just focusing on his book. he said u can expect another Clipse album cuz Malice is ready.

oh ok good ?
  • kuskklassic
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? i don't give a ? about none of them ? you named
    and this thread is 1 page deep, sir
    the majority of posts in this ? is about record sales
    so....yeah, go pusha t!

keep postin u almost at you 18k lol

ok now im just being an ? , i respect your opinion tho just dnt understand y a person would click on a thread that clearly has the name of a rapper they dont like. not only that but your reason for not liking him is album sales. good day sir
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Im not positive but isnt Cyhi with them too? i know Common is the black sheep and with geffen

yeah hes def jam too. geffen is UMG along with DJ so its all under the same umbrella
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Pusha T gotta bring that Noise
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm glad for Pusha that he got on with a good label, let's hope they assist in promotion so he doesn't flop as hard as some of their past acts. Its a good look for GOOD to as they are positioning themselves to have other established labels want to pickup their artists.

Im still real disappointed Fear of ? 2 is basically a repackaged version of the original with a few songs. If Pusha can capitalize on the sound he had on his tape for his Def Jam debut it should be proper. Im liking the idea of the Clipse recording again.
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    See if i was signed with Def Jam and had the opportunity ill make sure my first album is off the hook.Nothing but bangaz.

He should get

Neptunes

No I.D.

The J.U.S.T.I.C.E League

and some other hot producers who can bring the heat
  • 2Fresh2def
    2Fresh2def Members Posts: 935 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yall ? must be his day one fans, smh @ broke ass def jam wasting more money on an old ass ? wont go plexiglass. the reality of it is no one gives 2 ? bout pusha t besides his ? fans who will listen to him take a nap on a track if he recorded it.... if u think im just talking, think about the fact that big sean (who is a fake ass drake and i dont support either) is much younger, has a way bigger buzz right now and who i think probably appeals to todays audience much more but even he only sold 90,000.... and u tellin me this deal will somehow make boring ass pusha successful ..... dont hold ur breath is all im sayin..... garunteed flop then dropped from label within 2 years
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    pusha nice but a full album of him rappin? i'll pass

he can be only listened to in small phases

blessed with one of the worst voices
  • 2Fresh2def
    edited September 2011
    Options
    some of these ? on here talkin bout why as fans do we care about sales or what does sales have to do with this situation..... well the thread is about him signing a RECORD DEAL right? ok thought so, if thats the case than sales has alot to do with this discussion. As a matter of fact if u like pusha then u know he will not sell albums, which means u should not be celebrating the fact that he signed a major deal because all thats gonna do is put him in more debt cuz he wont make the labels money back.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This move probably happened due to No I.D. becoming one of the bosses up there. Don't understand why they would sign this dude. He's not wack but he isn't exactly hot and Clipse aren't exactly known as a duo with a large cult following ala Wu-Tang.

Never really been a Clipse fan either but still both Pusha and Malice are solid lyrically though and i'd def support this move instead of them signing some 15 min gimmick artist.
  • ustreet_monsta
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You never know about album sales.

If Kanye and No ID really push him he could be competitive with these other rappers selling 35-90K first week.

I fully expect a Good Music compilation to come out by Christmas or Summer of next year.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    like wale said too many fans trying to be A & r's. dam folks in here talking bout def jam's bottom line like yall some shareholders
  • 2Fresh2def
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    like wale said too many fans trying to be A & r's. dam folks in here talking bout def jam's bottom line like yall some shareholders

u dont have to be an a&r nor brilliant to know that def jam is crumbling, look at all the people who leave def jam (executives not artist) , look at their top talents, and look at the fact that all of the money making cash cows have left def jam already except maybe kanye
  • ustreet_monsta
    edited September 2011
    Options
    2Fresh2def wrote: »
    u dont have to be an a&r nor brilliant to know that def jam is crumbling, look at all the people who leave def jam (executives not artist) , look at their top talents, and look at the fact that all of the money making cash cows have left def jam already except maybe kanye

It looks like they're starting to rebuild it with Kanye, Big Sean, and Pusha all on the label.

Also isnt Ross still a solo artist there? I thought his Warner deal was strictly for his group.
  • thewave19
    thewave19 Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yall sleeping on Pusha