why was jay-z such a late bloomer?

124»

Comments

• j dot keyz
    j dot keyz Members Posts: 127
    edited September 2011
    He had to reinvent himself, he was the goofy dude from Jaz-O's videos, then he went to do his own thing. He had to put in work and learn how to make hits. Kinda like Rick Ross, he was nobody for a long time, reinvented himself, learned how to make hits and now he's one of the biggest namesin rap. Nowadays rappers only need a catchy song to make it big (temporarily), there's no real struggle involved.
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Ur the threadstarter rite, get to the gist of it, wuts ur ? point? So wut if he came in da game late, wut does dat have to do wit anything, u tryin to imply dat lyrically he cudnt hang with kool g, mobb deep, nas etc? Well guess wut, he is cemented as a top 5 emcee regardless if u like it or not, half them nigs wasnt relevant afta bout 6yrs, dis ? been killin for like, gv or take, 13yrs now, so if he was as wack as u trying to imply da game wudda got rid of him like they did dem otha wack ? , ja, 50, nelly, and dem other nigz dat cudnt rhyme worth a lick so cut it out... Dat boy good! (Hov voice)

who said jay-z was wack? I asked a simple question and jigger warriors got all heated and ducked the question and started brining up other emcees to change the subject. are you from BK? lol
  • KeepinItHundred
    edited September 2011
    U already know.. U still aint tell me da point of da thread nd y its relevant to anything, well of course other than hate.

i just made an observation, and made a thread and asked a question. it's not my fault it hurts jigger warriors feelings. if you don't like it, make thread talking about jay-z accomplishments.
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited September 2011
    He just like everyone else man, trying to get to the top.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    j dot keyz wrote: »
    He had to reinvent himself, he was the goofy dude from Jaz-O's videos, then he went to do his own thing. He had to put in work and learn how to make hits. Kinda like Rick Ross, he was nobody for a long time, reinvented himself, learned how to make hits and now he's one of the biggest namesin rap. Nowadays rappers only need a catchy song to make it big (temporarily), there's no real struggle involved.

/thread.

? in here try to slickly imply that cues from other entertainers reinventing yourself is somehow a negative in the entertainment world.

As if Stefani Germanotta didnt reinvent herself.

As if Drake didn't change his style up.

As if it didn't take Wiz 4 years to blow.
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    j dot keyz wrote: »

so u r saying he had 2 wait 4 pac 2 be gone 2 get his shine
  • foreogoulgege
    foreogoulgege Members Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Visite moveis planejados para as melhores conselhos de moveis planejados. Saiba onde voce vai encontrar os melhores moveis planejados. Antes de encarar esse tipo de consumo, tambem e bom estar consciente de que sao muitas as opcoes e inumeras as maneiras de consumir moveis usados.
  • KeepinItHundred
    edited September 2011
    Great way to dance roun da question my G, guess u took up ballet like ur boy P nd pac as well.... Cool!

i didn't dance around your question, you asked the point and i told you. i made an observation and i made a thread about it. it was relevant because everybody is talking about jay whether it be good or bad.
    you're just a hurt jay-z stan who's bringing up pac and p's dance classes to defend your lord and savoir jigger king, when facts are being stated.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    is this a why didnt Jay get signed when he was younger thread? if so then it's a legitimate thread. anything else seems baseless
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Just like every other rapper it took him time to find his style and what works for them. If you listen to Biggie, he wasn't on that Frank White ? , if you listen to Pac he wasn't on no gangsta ? at the beginning. The only reason why Jay gets the criticism he does because he is the only one from back then who lasted and have all this success, people are looking for some dumb reason for why he is here today other than the ? can rhyme his ass off.

You ask these haters why Jay is successful, they will say he bit Kane, Jaz, Biggie, Nas,etc style.

now if ur honest with urself u can admit that he did. Add Young Chris to the list as well. The other artist u named when already popular and established after they switched it up as well so there is no real comparison with Jay. And as long as Pac and Big were alive Jay would have been stuck in the same position.
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited September 2011
    I can't really call it. But I honestly don't think duke even cares about when he made his impact compared to how it unfolded. Look at Wayne. You think he cares that the only reason ? outside his area cares about his early existence was because of Juvenile? Or that he could only go Gold when rap was ? platinum plaques? He'd probably laugh in your face and say look at me now. Jay is on some outer space ? . The only living ? from his era who can still sell over a mil and fill any arena in any state. I can't incorporate female feelings when the truth is staring in my face. Duke is unbelievable.