HOW TO AVOID 90-95% of EBAY FEES

Options
DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in Pretty Sneaky
I sell alll the time on ebay and i always see people putting like 170 in the shipping colum and like 99 cent in the actualy price slot. I always wondered why they did this, but it is to save on fee's...

If u sell something for say 100$.. Ebay is gotta take 12-15$ of that... Then paypal will take like 6-10$ of it....

Yeah it sucks..... So if you ever sell anything on ebay, make sure you put the word "lot" in your subject/what u r selling....

Lot basically means bulk, so to ebay is means that you are shipping alot of stuff, if you dont put that in there,

they will not let you submitt your item for sell until you drop that shipping price wayyyyyyyy down, causing you

to put the actuall cost in the "price" block....

Just a lil gem i dropped.....

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    damn I always wondered why shipping prices be lookin like that

*enlightened*
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    damn that's good advice, i stay gettin ? by seller fees but not anymore
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    damn that's good advice, i stay gettin ? by seller fees but not anymore

ha............
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Are you supposed to get your items pre-weighted for shipping before you sale it? How do you know the exact cost?
  • all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Are you supposed to get your items pre-weighted for shipping before you sale it? How do you know the exact cost?

nah u dont have to. its jus depends on the person. u can jus throw out a shipping price $10 $15 $20. its all up to you if you want to get the item pre weighed if u wanna know the exact cost. some people charge a different amount of shippin to cover the ebay fees.
  • new account2
    new account2 Members Posts: 1,469
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think they did away with that years ago. Ebay caught on to that years ago and they did away with......I dont see the crazy shipping prices like I used to......
  • DRO
    edited April 2011
    Options
    are you supposed to get your items pre-weighted for shipping before you sale it? How do you know the exact cost?

......when i sellmy shoes... I put 160 in shipping and like a dollar in the actual price... Ebay will only take lik 6 cents on that 1$ that they sold for...

I dont know what ur selling, but u know the worth of it or how much ur willing to let it go for, so just put that price in the shipping...
  • DRO
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i think they did away with that years ago. Ebay caught on to that years ago and they did away with......i dont see the crazy shipping prices like i used to......

pshh... Naw, they still do it.. I still do it....
  • trethousandgt
    trethousandgt Members Posts: 59
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Don't waste your time with this. Ebay now charges you a commission on both the final cost of the item AND your shipping cost. They have caught on to everyone so charging 160 for shipping and 1.00 for the item is still going to yield the same seller fees.
  • DRO
    edited May 2011
    Options
    don't waste your time with this. Ebay now charges you a commission on both the final cost of the item and your shipping cost. They have caught on to everyone so charging 160 for shipping and 1.00 for the item is still going to yield the same seller fees.

naw it starts in july...so we still have time
  • trethousandgt
    edited May 2011
    Options
    naw it starts in july...so we still have time

Nope, started in May. Here is a screen shot of the last thing I sold

Screenshot2011-05-30at120900PM.png
  • DRO
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nope, started in May. Here is a screen shot of the last thing I sold

Screenshot2011-05-30at120900PM.png

dude.. ebay emailed me and told me july.....

ive sold some stuff since may and they aint charge me.....
  • trethousandgt
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thats cool that they told you that, but as you can see from the picture i posted up they already started charging final value fees on shipping back in may.

dude.. ebay emailed me and told me july.....

ive sold some stuff since may and they aint charge me.....
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options
    thats cool that they told you that, but as you can see from the picture i posted up they already started charging final value fees on shipping back in may.

so u dug this thread up from 2.5 months ago 2 tell me that?!?!?!?!?!
  • trethousandgt
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so u dug this thread up from 2.5 months ago 2 tell me that?!?!?!?!?!

First off this thread was still on the first page no one "dug it up" secondly 2.5 months? Thats a problem but the month you took to reply to my post with the WRONG info is ok? ? .
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options
    first off this thread was still on the first page no one "dug it up" secondly 2.5 months? Thats a problem but the month you took to reply to my post with the wrong info is ok? ? .

my info was correct.. They charged you, they didnt charge me at the time..