Gears of War 3 Season Pass Announced

joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in IllGaming
Save cash on Gears of War 3 DLC by buying it blindly.

Gears of War 3's downloadable content has yet to be revealed, but Microsoft knows you want it, and is already letting you preorder it.

The Gears of War 3 Season Pass hooks players up with the first four DLC packs as they become available. The first is scheduled for November, and the next three are scheduled to release "over the course of the next year". Epic stated that the packs would contain both multiplayer and campaign content, but has yet to go into specifics about them.

The Season Pass goes on sale on the game's launch day, September 20, and retails for 2400 Microsoft Points ($30). Microsoft stated that the Season Pass is a 33 percent saving over buying the four DLC packs separately. Fans who order the Season Pass also get a Liquid Metal weapon set, like this metallic lancer.

gears-of-war-3-20110829093316804-000.jpg

Comments

• jimbob's back
    jimbob's back Members Posts: 30
    edited August 2011
    You know what.....? EPIC. Already having dlc before the game ships. And i bet the sheep will buy it.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    lol theyre not even hiding the fact theyre ripping you off
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Check it, this is for the "first four" packs.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    SMH @ videogame companies skimming off content from full games just to sell it as DLC. LOL @ uncomplete games selling for $60, word to MvC3. Still copping Gears for cheap tho.

I'm bout to make a game with nothing but the main menu screen and you have to buy the levels.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    SMH @ videogame companies skimming off content from full games just to sell it as DLC. LOL @ uncomplete games selling for $60, word to MvC3. Still copping Gears for cheap tho.

I'm bout to make a game with nothing but the main menu screen and you have to buy the levels.

make sure it has ur main character voiced by a rapper, and release it once a year with minimal changes and youll sell a few millions.
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    put it in the game disc on release date. greedy ?
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    man u really think these developers care about the interest of the gamers? if we only talk ? about it on forums and not actually stand against it and get errbody we know to not buy the ? then the gone win all day long... ? need to start boycotting these ? "play passes" thats just unfair to game renters... and it negates buying a fairly new game used, cuz u still gone have to drop 10 more dollars to play online. SMH , I cant lie tho MK9 season pass was a pretty good deal
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    The only time i got epic dc is when gear of war 1 content became free.
  • kanggoodie
    edited August 2011
    King Drew wrote: »
    The only time i got epic dc is when gear of war 1 content became free.

you know what ? me off tho drew??? i was tryna play GOW 2 for the sirst time in like a year online.. and you cant even play social games without already having all of the DLC... what a ? rip off... you HAVE to play ranked if you aint got the map packs... that should be illegal...
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    you know what ? me off tho drew??? i was tryna play GOW 2 for the sirst time in like a year online.. and you cant even play social games without already having all of the DLC... what a ? rip off... you HAVE to play ranked if you aint got the map packs... that should be illegal...
    man u really think these developers care about the interest of the gamers?

lol I played Gears 3 online before I played Gears 2, but that online was ? ' garbage. On the flipside, it's good to see companies who actually upgrade their product instead of hashing out the same ? over and over again.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011

It's straight fuckery. One of the highlights of GOW for me was social. Now you gotta be forced to play ranked and be thrown into terrible matchmaking where there's a chance of you being put on a team with low levels against stack teams of 100s.
  • kanggoodie
    edited September 2011
    King Drew wrote: »
    It's straight fuckery. One of the highlights of GOW for me was social. Now you gotta be forced to play ranked and be thrown into terrible matchmaking where there's a chance of you being put on a team with low levels against stack teams of 100s.

EXACTLY.. but i caught the maps on sale the other day.. and copped em all for 800 Ms points... thats a steal for like 10-12 maps...

but GOW 3 multiplayer is gonna be the best improvement to that franchise.. ? get tired of waiting the WHOLE round just to respawn again.. lol