Tony! Toni! Tone! Appreciation Thread

Options
snap
snap Members Posts: 298
edited September 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
Man, they made some classic music back in the day.

Comments

• snap
    snap Members Posts: 298
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I got all of their albums. They are the best group of the 90s to me. Some say Jodeci but 3T got it.
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited September 2011
    Options
    100% cosign this thread. And they are the only artist as far as I know in music to get better and better each album.
    (Who was solid, The Revival was even better, Sons of Soul is a classic, House of Music is a masterpiece)

They are arguably the best overall male group from their era.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mrjun18 wrote: »
    100% cosign this thread. And they are the only artist as far as I know in music to get better and better each album.
    (Who was solid, The Revival was even better, Sons of Soul is a classic, House of Music is a masterpiece)

They are arguably the best overall male group from their era.

COSIGN! a live band in popular black music. thats almost extinct these days! there catalog kicks ass. my favorite IT NEVER RAINS (in southern california) but i could name 20 great TTT tunes! takes me back to funner days!
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited September 2011
    Options
    COSIGN! a live band in popular black music. thats almost extinct these days! there catalog kicks ass. my favorite IT NEVER RAINS (in southern california) but i could name 20 great TTT tunes! takes me back to funner days!
    Yup!

It Never Rains, Wild Child, What Goes Around, Not Gonna Cry For You, Tonies In The Wrong Key, Holy Smokes & Ghee Whiz, etc.... they have too many classics songs. And what best about they is they they could hit you from all angles (dance track, new jack swing, hiphop flavoured, motown, slow jam, etc.)
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Being a musician myself growing up, you know what the sad ? is. They took the music programs out of schools so the kids have no avenue to even learn to play instruments. That was a certain thing to do growing up, starting off with recorders and some kids played string instruments. Kids nowadays don't even understand the importance of instrumentation