The Top Ten Most Overrated White Musicians

2»

Comments

• Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Dylan wasnt a good or even average singer but he sung Anyway. He is famous because at a time when his rock peers werent talking about anything he made songs of protest, and fighting the system and change.

If you remember the Denzel The movie the Hurricane. It was about a middle weight boxing champion. Bob Dylan wrote a song about it about how the Hurricane was imprisoned for a crime he didnt comitt. That was the type of stuff that Dylan did. It was his writing and his subject matter.

Jimi Hendrix LOVEDDDDD Dylan. one of Jimi's biggest hits is a Dylan song "All Along The Watch Tower".. and it was Dylan that convinced Jimi to sing and not JUST play guitar. Jimi was apprehensive because he didnt have a great voice, but Jimi's producer Chas From the Animals said DYLAN CANT SING BUT HE DOES ANYWAY.. so Then Jimi chose to sing and there you have it!

In saying that I give Dylan a thumbs up for his writing and his subject but he was a below average guitarist and a horrible singer!

Did not know bold that is one of my favorite jimi songs too.
  • stone crazy
    stone crazy Members Posts: 13
    edited September 2011
    Damn, you peoples STILL talking about my list?! First of all, I have no problems with differences of opinion. If folks think I'm an idiot, more power to them. Yet, I do take issue with someone saying I was just repeating what was being constantly said in the hip-hop community. They talk as if the hip-hop community (black folks) are the only ones complaining about overrated white folks. And this was the idiot that got extra-sensitive about the list. Damn, I was wondering where all that traffic was coming for that blog. Now I know. Well, thanx for at least looking at it.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Damn, you peoples STILL talking about my list?! First of all, I have no problems with differences of opinion. If folks think I'm an idiot, more power to them. Yet, I do take issue with someone saying I was just repeating what was being constantly said in the hip-hop community. They talk as if the hip-hop community (black folks) are the only ones complaining about overrated white folks. And this was the idiot that got extra-sensitive about the list. Damn, I was wondering where all that traffic was coming for that blog. Now I know. Well, thanx for at least looking at it.

ur welcome on the traffic

you are wrong on Clapton

anything on the net is public domain if you post be ready to back it up!
  • stone crazy
    stone crazy Members Posts: 13
    edited September 2011
    ur welcome on the traffic

you are wrong on Clapton

anything on the net is public domain if you post be ready to back it up!

I was the one who posted the list on here and started this very thread. I'm just surprised it's still ongoing. No problem. Folks don't have to agree with me. That's what makes the world beautiful. And I still say ? Elvis.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I was the one who posted the list on here and started this very thread. I'm just surprised it's still ongoing. No problem. Folks don't have to agree with me. That's what makes the world beautiful. And I still say ? Elvis.

we definitely agree on the ? ELVIS position!!

THATS ALLRIGHT MAMA
    his first hit record he stole from R&B singer Authur "Big Boy" Curdup. whos forgotten by history!

HOUND DOG
    one of his biggest he stole from Big Mamma Thornton! a Blues Singer her tune was about a no good cheating man!

Elvis never credited the black artist he got his style or gave back in anyway. he acted like he created this. he gave no respect!
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    we definitely agree on the ? ELVIS position!!

THATS ALLRIGHT MAMA
    his first hit record he stole from R&B singer Authur "Big Boy" Curdup. whos forgotten by history!

HOUND DOG
    one of his biggest he stole from Big Mamma Thornton! a Blues Singer her tune was about a no good cheating man!

Elvis never credited the black artist he got his style or gave back in anyway. he acted like he created this. he gave no respect!

What else did Elvis take i've always heard things about how he stole alot of ? and passed it up as his own.