Can Somebody Please School Me on J.Rawls?

Options
stupot0607
stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Essence
Ive got a couple of his tracks now....

Tribute to Dilla & We Make The Rules are Amazing.

Has he got any releases which are must haves????

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    J. Rawls is nice, I used to listen to him back at University, he made a mix I made for my girlfriend at the time lol.

Anyways, I have a lot of his releases; my favourite song from him is a song he produced for Tavaris called 'Smile Again'. I think the production on this track is outstanding.

That track was from my personal favourite from him, as a producer he's definitely up there and underrated. The track is from an album entitled 'The Essence of Soul'. I'd recommend giving that one a listen, it also contains these tracks:

I also have his Hotel Beats Vol. 1 as well as the one where he presents Holmskillet. He also produced this song on El Da Sensei's album:

Not forgetting his work with Black Star:

But definitely check out The Essence of Soul, I think it was his debut album as well…
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thanks draft, i actually have Lone Catalysts cd (physical copy aswell which is pretty rare) .........

But it never really appealed to me after a couple of listens, i definitly prefer his solo stuff.. Thanks for the drops.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Thanks draft, i actually have Lone Catalysts cd (physical copy aswell which is pretty rare) .........

But it never really appealed to me after a couple of listens, i definitly prefer his solo stuff.. Thanks for the drops.

That's dope, I love rare discs, I have Modal Soul on the way by Nujabes (First press release), cost quite a bit, but worth it.

Have you heard all the tracks I dropped? Sorry if I can't be more help, what are your thoughts on Smile Again though? I love that track…
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Draft took the words out my mouth with "The Essence of Soul" joint. Others you should definitely hear are "The 1960's Jazz Revolution Again" with John Robinson and "Rawls and Middle" with Middle Child.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Draft took the words out my mouth with "The Essence of Soul" joint. Others you should definitely hear are "The 1960's Jazz Revolution Again" with John Robinson and "Rawls and Middle" with Middle Child.

I forgot to mention that 1960's tape!!! I discovered that J. Rawls when I was searching for more John Robinson, was hyped when I caught wind of J. Rawls doing stuff with him, completely forgot about that release as it's categorised in my iTunes under John Robinson, good drop Kaiser!!