Have you heard that it's for you?

DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
There was a teacher, who, one day in his class decided to give away his gold watch. He said to the students, "The one who comes here to take this watch can have it." Well none of the children came forward except the smallest boy in the classroom. To the surprise of the others, he got the watch. The other students missed out on a prize of a lifetime because they didn't believe what the teacher said. The offer was too good to be true, they thought. Now the opportunity was gone and only the little boy had the prize.

Well I am here to tell you friends of the IC, that Jesus Christ holds out an even greater prize. He says, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28) Many people have already accepted this call. Have you? If not, He is calling you now. These words are for you. If you are tired of sin, if your heart is troubled, come to the One who will give you rest. He will forgive your sinful past. He will carry your load of worries away. You can put on Him all your troubles because He cares for you. He is now reaching out His arms to help you.

The little boy believed his teacher, stepped up to the desk, and got the watch. In the same way, you can receive the gift that Jesus offers you today. "What shall I do?" you say. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ." says ? 's Word, "and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31)

Come to the Lord today my friends. He wants to give you life.

Comments

• TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Become a christian today because the bible says so!

alrighty then where do i sign up
  • phanatron
    phanatron Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Will I get a gold watch?
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited March 2010
    In the year of our Lord 1432, there arose a grievous quarrel among the brethren over the number of teeth in the mouth of a horse. For thirteen days the disputation raged without ceasing. All the ancient books and chronicles were fetched out, and wonderful and ponderous erudition such as was never before heard of in this region was made manifest. At the beginning of the fourteenth day, a youthful friar of goodly bearing asked his learned superiors for permission to add a word, and straightway, to the wonderment of the disputants, whose deep wisdom he sore vexed, he beseeched them to unbend in a manner coarse and unheard-of and to look in the open mouth of a horse and find answer to their questionings. At this, their dignity being grievously hurt, they waxed exceeding wroth; and, joining in a mighty uproar, they flew upon him and smote him, hip and thigh, and cast him out forthwith. For, said they, surely Satan hath tempted this bold neophyte to declare unholy and unheard-of ways of finding truth, contrary to all the teachings of the fathers. After many days more of grievous strife, the dove of peace sat on the assembly, and they as one man declaring the problem to be an everlasting mystery because of a grievous dearth of historical and theological evidence thereof, so ordered the same writ down.
    —Francis Bacon, 1592.
  • phanatron
    phanatron Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    In the year of our Lord 1432, there arose a grievous quarrel among the brethren over the number of teeth in the mouth of a horse. For thirteen days the disputation raged without ceasing. All the ancient books and chronicles were fetched out, and wonderful and ponderous erudition such as was never before heard of in this region was made manifest. At the beginning of the fourteenth day, a youthful friar of goodly bearing asked his learned superiors for permission to add a word, and straightway, to the wonderment of the disputants, whose deep wisdom he sore vexed, he beseeched them to unbend in a manner coarse and unheard-of and to look in the open mouth of a horse and find answer to their questionings. At this, their dignity being grievously hurt, they waxed exceeding wroth; and, joining in a mighty uproar, they flew upon him and smote him, hip and thigh, and cast him out forthwith. For, said they, surely Satan hath tempted this bold neophyte to declare unholy and unheard-of ways of finding truth, contrary to all the teachings of the fathers. After many days more of grievous strife, the dove of peace sat on the assembly, and they as one man declaring the problem to be an everlasting mystery because of a grievous dearth of historical and theological evidence thereof, so ordered the same writ down.
    —Francis Bacon, 1592.

This is one of the most fantastic things I've read in some time. Somewhere in my mind, I think I have read this before but it is a distant and dull memory. Thanks for posting this.
  • sounds of jacob
    sounds of jacob Banned Users Posts: 166
    edited March 2010
    WHOM YOU CALL JESUS THE CHRIST ONLY DIED FOR THE 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL YOU NEGROES ,LATINOS ,NATIVEAMERICANS ARE THE TRUE

HEBREW ISRAELITES OF THE BIBLE YEA IT SOUNDS CRAZY ... BUT TELLING THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY YAH BLESS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyPTBkYWAw
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited March 2010
    phanatron wrote: »
    This is one of the most fantastic things I've read in some time. Somewhere in my mind, I think I have read this before but it is a distant and dull memory. Thanks for posting this.

Your welcome. I got is from one of my psychology professors. I researched Bacon after this, he is a very underrated philospoher.