Chico and The Man (Tonedeff and Kno) finally gets a release date!

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Essence
12-13-11

Tonedeff posted it on facebook

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    12-13-11

Tonedeff posted it on facebook

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been anticipating this since I had a freaking myspace account, that's how old this stupid album is!!!!!! Hahaha I remember dropping subliminals on his Facebook statuses a while back giving him ? for not releasing it lol!

This is amazing news!!!!! This could make album of the year, quite easily. It's about time he did something selfish!!!!!!! Props Tone!!!!!
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Yeah im stoked! hes been dropping "Clues" on his Facebook about the album. hes on clue 7 but i dont understand it. the last clue was written in latin or something and translated to something like "1000 ships"
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Yeah im stoked! hes been dropping "Clues" on his Facebook about the album. hes on clue 7 but i dont understand it. the last clue was written in latin or something and translated to something like "1000 ships"

Dude's a geek, obviously lol.

But I have his limited edition collection disc that he dropped not so long back; that's a good listen with some unreleased tracks; did you pick it up?
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Is that the one where it has all his features from the last 5 years or something? i was gonna cop but didnt get around to it
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Is that the one where it has all his features from the last 5 years or something? i was gonna cop but didnt get around to it

Yeah, that's the one… it's a decent cop, but I don't think I've gotten round to the second disc yet; it'll be interesting to see what Tone does though; given that he's never really put out a solid release himself and been around for a very long time…

When The Gates and Porcelain dropped, most Essence heads at the time were calling him one of the best in the independent lane.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    wow its been so long i had forgot all about this lol made me think that it was just a myth...im looking forward to this
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Amen. Chico and The Man is like the Indie Detox.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    wow its been so long i had forgot all about this lol made me think that it was just a myth...im looking forward to this

Yeah, people are still saying on his Facebook that it won't drop and he responded by saying think what you want basically, but that they have never gone back on a release day lol.
    Amen. Chico and The Man is like the Indie Detox.

It's exactly that… I've said that before, only at least they didn't lie about it coming out all the time (or at least, not as much!)
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Ruff i need you help. go to this website, www.beatboxradioshow.blogspot.com

When you scroll down one of the posts will be called Chico and the Man: One Thousand Ships

plz share what thats about.
  • supertitan
    supertitan Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Rather glad to read this, been waiting for it for a minute now. Hopefully another quality album that proves to be worth the wait
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    amen. ive been waiting for an official tonedeff album for years
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    supertitan wrote: »
    Rather glad to read this, been waiting for it for a minute now. Hopefully another quality album that proves to be worth the wait

Surely will be, Kno's production would make any emcee sound like ? ...

Tone's ability on the mic is flawless, his breath control to his lyrics, can't wait for this... it could be up there with my top 5 of the year, should deliver much more than Archetype did.
    amen. ive been waiting for an official tonedeff album for years

Have you listened to Archetype that dropped in 2005?
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    It's nearly finished!!

383248_10150392665914349_44620109348_8246120_3892913_n.jpg
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Ahh 20 tracks! And yeah i heard archetype. one of my favorite albums.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Building up my album list as we speak, this will be on there!