The Crazies (2010)

Options
redhandedbandit
redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
this movie was ill anybody see it

Comments

• sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah, checked it out last night. The film was good( being that it was produced by George A. Romero), and defied your average zombie flick. I went in believing that the plot was going to be predictable and the dialogue would be cheesy. The plot was well thought out and it was good to finally see Timothy Olyphant in a hero role(he usually plays ? or anti-hero roles, i.e., Scream, Hitman, The Girl Next Door). I had just a bit of difficulty in deciphering the motive, even when it was explained. There was simply no motivation for the government to do what they did to cause the film's initial problem.

The screenwriter did well in creating characters that you could care about. During about the first twenty minutes, you naturally care about the protagonist and his supporting characters' survival. Symbolism/hidden messages worked in the film too, in playing upon the theme that the government has done more damage to any population than good...
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah, checked it out last night. The film was good( being that it was produced by George A. Romero), and defied your average zombie flick. I went in believing that the plot was going to be predictable and the dialogue would be cheesy. The plot was well thought out and it was good to finally see Timothy Olyphant in a hero role(he usually plays ? or anti-hero roles, i.e., Scream, Hitman, The Girl Next Door). I had just a bit of difficulty in deciphering the motive, even when it was explained. There was simply no motivation for the government to do what they did to cause the film's initial problem.

The screenwriter did well in creating characters that you could care about. During about the first twenty minutes, you naturally care about the protagonist and his supporting characters' survival. Symbolism/hidden messages worked in the film too, in playing upon the theme that the government has done more damage to any population than good...

actually they did have a "reason." like the dude said, the plane was on it way to an incinerary (sp) plant to destroy the biological weapon until it crashed, and got into the water supply. so to keep it from spreading outside the town, that's when all hell broke loose.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

He was the "hero" in A Perfect Getaway.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It was straight it was't a Zombie land or Dawn of the Dead.. but it i was aight.. worth the money
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yeah it was cool....pretty funny to me at times when it was cleary inappropriate(morbid sense of humor) but i was expecting a lit bit more "crazy" and was left a little unsatisfied.....that was ? up how the govt acted though....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    didnt like it too much. It seemed predictable and as if I had seen it before. might as well been a zombie movie
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? was straight.
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    that ? was weak to me...my girl and i went to go see it this wkend...not enough chaos and bullfuckery going on for us...like it was relatively calm for a zombie flick...it was bad just...i could've waited to see it on HBO or something
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i thought the end was ill
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Just saw it today with my girl and I enjoyed the movie....movies like that have me thinking how sneaky the government can be