How can I stick to exercising

ImGettingOld
ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Weight Room
I was exercising for about 3 months straight 4 times a week and my dad said take a week off to let your body rest.I ended up taking 6 months off instead,how the hell do people exercise consistently.

Comments

• Simma II
    Simma II Banned Users Posts: 787
    edited February 2010
    Discipline bruh
    And judging by you saying you used to workout 4 times a week, you have it as well
    Just set your mind on accomplishing it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    For one it dont take 2-3 hours or a gym to workout..

I do crunches, pushups, dumbells.. thats it. and do bars at the park

If you got a road dog it makes it that much easier.. but just stick with it.. you gotta want to do it..
  • boom
    boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Simma II wrote: »
    Discipline bruh
    And judging by you saying you used to workout 4 times a week, you have it as well
    Just set your mind on accomplishing it.

the bolded...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited February 2010
    Weigh yourself. Monitor your progress. Once you hit a new goal, go buy a new fit.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    The Jamel wrote: »
    so you just work your Arms???

my calves are right.. got my core right i play ball all the time so thats basically what i do
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    The Jamel wrote: »
    so you just work your Arms???
    banana man lookin mufucka

bananaman.jpg
  • headrek1
    headrek1 Members Posts: 121
    edited February 2010
    Like people say disicipline. I hate working out I'll be honest, but I love the results, so I'll get to the point where I'll say ? the gym today, but that ? 'll start eating at my conscience till I get my ass up and go. And I shouldn't say I hate working out, but I don't enjoy it as much as people may think it's a challenge, but as I said the rewards are great. I'll say it took me about a year, to form that conscience, where I feel guilty as hell if I don't workout, one you have that it should be gravy.
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    I was exercising for about 3 months straight 4 times a week and my dad said take a week off to let your body rest.I ended up taking 6 months off instead,how the hell do people exercise consistently.

Get a routine you like and have fun with it. Once you enjoy the feeling it's hard to stay away from it in my opinion.

Don't try to do too many exercises either, a lot of people make that mistake, they end up overtraining and then lose motivation.
  • The Steve Boogie
    The Steve Boogie Members Posts: 28
    edited March 2010
    begin to build up your intense hate for yourself to the point you can no longer live a single minute more inside of that body. magnify your self-deprecating feelings of your physical image and convince yourself that you will not be satisfied until you are improving yourself physically every single day of your life. 1+1+1+1+1+1 = a million. take it day by day. don't worry about what you're going to do tomorrow, do something today to improve upon yourself physically. don't cheat yourself. nobody wins with that ? , particularly YOU, the only person that matters in this equation.

people are motivated by 2 things - pain and pleasure.

if you're better motivated by pain, magnify the pain and make it enormous.
    if you're better motivated by pleasure, begin with the end in mind, design exactly how you WANT to look and feel, give yourself as many reasons as possible why you want it, and the solution as to how to bring these changes upon yourself will appear magically