Bigavelli
Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
edited September 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Which is the better Produced Album?

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Tough call. I haven't heard Cheers in years, and I just heard White America the other day. I played my Cheers bootleg til I burned a hole in it, then ended up buying the real thing. Follow My Life is my ? .

Ima go with Cheers for now, cuz I'm listening to this album now like it's new. ? got bangers for days.
  • Lab Baby
    edited September 2011
    This shouldve been a single. Weird ass Em production... perfect
  • Bigavelli
    edited September 2011
    Both are classic just for the Production alone however i gotta go with The Eminem Show

Beats on these tracks -

Till I Collapse (1 of the best Beats i ever heard)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sing For The Moment>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Square Dance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Business>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cleaning Out My Closet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Lab Baby
    edited September 2011
    Eminem Show got a production style I never heard up until that point. People make fun of the circus beats, but it actually fits the album's theme perfectly. It was a concept album of sorts, Em being lost in the life of an entertainer... "singing for the moment", "square dancing" in the "business" of "White America"... at least that's how I see it. Em portrayed the industry as a circus, and yeah he was a clown in it, but behind the makeup there was a human being trying to live a normal life. And the production just tied it all together.
  • Bigavelli
    edited September 2011
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Eminem Show got a production style I never heard up until that point. People make fun of the circus beats, but it actually fits the album's theme perfectly. It was a concept album of sorts, Em being lost in the life of an entertainer... "singing for the moment", "square dancing" in the "business" of "White America"... at least that's how I see it. Em portrayed the industry as a circus, and yeah he was a clown in it, but behind the makeup there was a human being trying to live a normal life. And the production just tied it all together.

Yeah the Production was amazing his best Produced Album IMO

That's why true Eminem fans love Marshall Mathers over Slim Shady

Marshall gives you his life on wax the poverty, the parenting, the relationship drama, the family troubles, the political views etc just everyday things everyone can relate to only 2pac comes close to having the Emotion he does too he just so naturally gifted at expressing his pain
  • Lab Baby
    edited September 2011
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    Yeah the Production was amazing his best Produced Album IMO

That's why true Eminem fans love Marshall Mathers over Slim Shady

Marshall gives you his life on wax the poverty, the parenting, the relationship drama, the family troubles, the political views etc just everyday things everyone can relate to only 2pac comes close to having the Emotion he does too he just so naturally gifted at expressing his pain

Agreed. I would say MMLP, but that was mostly Dre.

Back on topic, I always thought Alchemist at least co produced this... I first heard it on a Green Lantern mixtape and he said "produced by Alchemist"
  • Bigavelli
    edited September 2011
    Agreed. I would say MMLP, but that was mostly Dre.

Back on topic, I always thought Alchemist at least co produced this... I first heard it on a Green Lantern mixtape and he said "produced by Alchemist"

No it was Produced by Eminem

You need to look at The MMLP Album booklet and Production credits cos you very much mistaken dude Eminem as it says on the official booklet Produced 7 tracks
  • Lab Baby
    edited September 2011
    No it was Produced by Eminem

You need to look at The MMLP Album booklet and Production credits cos you very much mistaken dude Eminem as it says on the official booklet Produced 7 tracks

I know... the Bass Brothers joints, The Way I Am, and Stan (co produced with 45 King). Just counted off the Dre joints... you right. Not by a lot though, it was half and half, with Amityville and Kim fully produced by the Bass Brothers. It's crazy how much input Em had on the production of his albums. Normally the label just hands you beats and tell you to work with them.
  • Bigavelli
    edited September 2011
    I know... the Bass Brothers joints, The Way I Am, and Stan (co produced with 45 King). Just counted off the Dre joints... you right. Not by a lot though, it was half and half, with Amityville and Kim fully produced by the Bass Brothers. It's crazy how much input Em had on the production of his albums. Normally the label just hands you beats and tell you to work with them.

You just don't get it and this makes Em fans angry with your ignorance

The Bass Brothers Co Produced those tracks Eminem Produced them again look at the booklet

The Way I Am was a track that Eminem Produced 100% on his own no Co Production just done by himself
  • Lab Baby
    edited September 2011
    You just don't get it and this makes Em fans angry with your ignorance

The Bass Brothers Co Produced those tracks Eminem Produced them again look at the booklet

The Way I Am was a track that Eminem Produced 100% on his own no Co Production just done by himself

You're right about Amityville, that was co produced by Em... and the drums by DJ Head, who did the drums for a lot of those songs. But Kim was fully produced by the Bass Brothers (and mixed by Dre). And Em co produced those songs, he didn't start off the original idea, but he added stuff to the beat in progress. Like Stan, 45 King gave Em the beat while he was in Europe, and Em added stuff like the writing and other sound effects, and tweaked the drums. It's in an interview somewhere, I can't find it though.
  • Bigavelli
    edited September 2011
    You're right about Amityville, that was co produced by Em... and the drums by DJ Head, who did the drums for a lot of those songs. But Kim was fully produced by the Bass Brothers (and mixed by Dre). And Em co produced those songs, he didn't start off the original idea, but he added stuff to the beat in progress. Like Stan, 45 King gave Em the beat while he was in Europe, and Em added stuff like the writing and other sound effects, and tweaked the drums. It's in an interview somewhere, I can't find it though.

Ok i never seen the interview but yeah i seen Eminem say in interviews he been Producing since 1996