The Greatest story never told or cole world:The sideline story

Options
a-grave247
a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Which debut are you feeling more.Sai had the just blaze production and some really solid tracks but Cole definitely stepped it up with his production.Both albums had the Jay feature.Both albums varied with subject matters and both were solid.So whatd you think?

Comments

• DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hard one but I think Coles has a cohesiveness about the album that is missing from Siagon. You can play it all the way through where as I only play favored tracks on Siagon's ? .
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Saigon, for the production Alone
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just a question. How do you compare an album you just listened to to something that has already gotten old to you? After you listen to Cole about a month you may feel different
  • a-grave247
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Say What wrote: »
    Just a question. How do you compare an album you just listened to to something that has already gotten old to you? After you listen to Cole about a month you may feel different

fair question but both albums have resonated strongly with me after their first listen so i thought it'd be fair to ask
  • a-grave247
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sorry i didin't have a pole
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i rated Saigon ? a 4/5 and coel ? 3/5. gotta give cole ? some more time to sink in. album flow wise Saigon ? flows perfectly. with tracks like enemies then friends then preacher all following each other. ? is sequenced just right. Production on both albums was good. i think saigon came better on the mic though. 2 of the better releases so far this year.
  • Uncle Kingpin
    Uncle Kingpin Members Posts: 241
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Imma say saigon, but the thing about his album is it's dope but i dont play it regularly.
    J Cole, his album is decent, but after listening to the whole joint, i dont think it was even as good as his mixtapes.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Imma say saigon, but the thing about his album is it's dope but i dont play it regularly.
    J Cole, his album is decent, but after listening to the whole joint, i dont think it was even as good as his mixtapes.

true i bumped saigon album yesterday for the 1st time in months
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Im still waiting for someone to send me a link to cole ish...WTF!?
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I liked Cole's ? better
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Before each of their albums i had never really heard much from either of them but a couple tracks so i went into both with no expectations. After listenin to Sai's ? i immediately went and downloaded all his mixtapes and ? . Cole i plan on downloadin his but itll be whenever i get bored and need somethin new to listen to. Both albums are great but i have to say the production, subject matter and cohesiveness on GSNT is flawless. CW is hot but some of the songs are too sing songy for me.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    true i bumped saigon album yesterday for the 1st time in months

I bump that album frequently never gets old to me. Sai has that authenticity and shows that hes a hustler tryin to rap not a rapper tryin to hustle.
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Saigon was obviously better but they waited too long to release his album.

There was a time when Saigon had a buzz in the streets like 50 Cent with his mixtapes and freestyles.

He should be firing his entire promotions team...
  • a-grave247
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i wonder how cole's album would have turned out with just blaze and kanye productions.Or hi tec production :) Cole ripped the no id track to pieces.I 'm still finding it hard to decide which one was better with tracks like clap,our babies,come on baby and it's alright vs dollas and a dream 3,never told,rise and shine, and godsend both are REALLY SOLID.