Final Fantasy 13-2 Xbox 360 on one disc

joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in IllGaming
The Xbox 360 version of upcoming Japanese role-playing game Final Fantasy 13-2 comes on one disc, Square Enix has confirmed.

The Xbox 360 version Final Fantasy 13 came on three discs, forcing disc swapping.

Director Motomu Toriyama told Japanese magazine Famitsu (translated by Andriasang) that 13-2 actually has the same amount of volume as 13.

So how has Square Enix squeezed the game onto one Xbox 360 disc? Because the event scenes are real time, Toriyama said. This has the added bonus of event scenes showing your armour changes.

As expected, the PlayStation 3 version of FF13-2 comes on a single Blu-ray disc.

Meanwhile, Famitsu revealed new details on the hotly anticipated game.

13-2 will have quick time events, but apparently if you mess them up you won't suffer a huge penalty. Clearing them grants only subtle benefits.

This time around the Crystarium growth chart does not limit the progress of characters. So, you can make yourself super powerful from the start.

And you can now switch your currently controlled character during battle. Battles do not end when your party leader dies, either.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    This time around the Crystarium growth chart does not limit the progress of characters. So, you can make yourself super powerful from the start.

And you can now switch your currently controlled character during battle. Battles do not end when your party leader dies, either.

Thank ? ... im just finishing up FF13 im in orphans cradle or w/e trying to get to those stupid angel things and warping places
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I was like 40% thru it when my PS3 died. I never restarted. Gonna have to make time to play it before this drops.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Thank ? ... im just finishing up FF13 im in orphans cradle or w/e trying to get to those stupid angel things and warping places

orphan one of the harder final fantasy bosses, dude ? me up mad times, i had to run around and level up. And the boss theme is underrated
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    The Xbox 360 version of upcoming Japanese role-playing game Final Fantasy 13-2 comes on one disc, Square Enix has confirmed.

The Xbox 360 version Final Fantasy 13 came on three discs, forcing disc swapping.

Director Motomu Toriyama told Japanese magazine Famitsu (translated by Andriasang) that 13-2 actually has the same amount of volume as 13.

So how has Square Enix squeezed the game onto one Xbox 360 disc? Because the event scenes are real time, Toriyama said. This has the added bonus of event scenes showing your armour changes.

As expected, the PlayStation 3 version of FF13-2 comes on a single Blu-ray disc.

Meanwhile, Famitsu revealed new details on the hotly anticipated game.

13-2 will have quick time events, but apparently if you mess them up you won't suffer a huge penalty. Clearing them grants only subtle benefits.

i lol'ed... aint nobody checkin for that ?
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    orphan one of the harder final fantasy bosses, dude ? me up mad times, i had to run around and level up. And the boss theme is underrated

Not anticipating that. I have all my classes ranked up to the max at level 4 but i have to get the crystarium expanded. when you get to that level all the leveling takes a ? load of crystals too haha. i already ran past the mirrors and stuff to places like pulse and all that so i just have to grind on the Metallic l'Cie. ? me off.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    LOL @ this being "good news" for 360 ? . Every PS3 game is on one-disc you lowly ? classless pieces of trash.

fans_war_faceauol.gif
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Lmao calm down king.
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Every PS3 game is on one-disc you lowly ? classless pieces of trash.

Rofl. Arcade the Goat hater
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Just got to orphan yesterday. ? impossible tbh
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I'm looking forward to it.

For some reason I can't get into any Gen3 games aside from FF. Shame.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Just got to orphan yesterday. ? impossible tbh

he was pretty easy imo what 3 ppl are u using in your party and what paradigms

actually i take that back he was easy after he kicked my ass then i did some brief level grinding
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    JUXcaptainHOOK Members Posts: 406
    edited September 2011
    whats good with that FF7 remake tho, they still making that?
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    whats good with that FF7 remake tho, they still making that?

They never announced plans to remake FF7.
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    JUXcaptainHOOK Members Posts: 406
    edited September 2011
    Lambent wrote: »
    They never announced plans to remake FF7.

yea they did, thats why im asking ? , they been said it... just wondering if its still a ps4 release or next year
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    he was pretty easy imo what 3 ppl are u using in your party and what paradigms

actually i take that back he was easy after he kicked my ass then i did some brief level grinding

Im using Lightning, Sazh, and Vanille

start out as com/syn/med

go to com/rav/med

when he does that blade move i change it to med/syn/med

but he always manages to hit lightning before i can heal up. bastard.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    yea they did, thats why im asking ? , they been said it... just wondering if its still a ps4 release or next year

I read a interview with the creator of FF and he says that there were no cement plans for the FF7 remake but they are considering it from all of the hype around it for the last 10 years
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Been fiending for a good RPG ever since watching .Hack//Sign last week. I'm about to cop Tales of Vesperia and this other FF game I peeped on Amazon