The rock and cena to team up at survivor series

Options
Copper
Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEsMZpxd0tflGVtL5b4Ol2T8sRZIUaf6NQumnxNACY4aaRK_NP

the rock will be at survivor series on Nov 20th...but the question is in what role...it looks like he and cena will team up. The only way I see this going down is if they team up with 3 other faces and go against a newly formed version of NWO with nash or a Triple H turned heel with nash.

either way it should be interesting...and the rock look big as ?

Comments

• Copper
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this is from bleachereport

After weeks of speculation caused by local New York TV ads purportedly advertising the unthinkable before WrestleMania XXVIII, the promotional poster for the Survivor Series Pay-Per-View arrived like a dart right in the bullseye of many WWE fans' hearts who've yearned patiently for The Great One's in-ring return.

Their prayers were answered in spectacular visual fashion, featuring The Rock and John Cena on a one-sheet, two superstars at odds with one another, side by side, both reluctant partners in crime. It was no surprise seeing Cena wearing his usual wrestling garb, but seeing The Rock decked out in his distantly familiar trunks sent fans into a contented conniption not experienced since the last time The Rock laid the proverbial smackdown eight long years ago—WrestleMania ? .

Just the tag line itself on the Survivor Series poster hints at what may transpire on that hallowed day in Madison Square Garden: "The Rock and John Cena Join Forces. Never Before, Never Again." Naturally, this spurred discussion among fans that the two would likely team up in a two-on-two tag match.

Going one step beyond that, WWE.com has cleared up fan conjecture in TMZ-esque fashion, specifying the tag match further, advertising an epic "tag" match tailor-made for WWE's annual fall classic. A pithy but wrestling-shattering news blurb reads "WWE sources have confirmed The Rock and John Cena will a part of a traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series tag team match."

Furthermore, according to Observer podcast hosts Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez, both of whom are arguably wrestling's most reputable journalists, The Rock and John Cena will tentatively team with CM Punk, Sheamus and a teammate to be named later to do battle against Alberto Del Rio, R-Truth, The Miz, Christian and an opponent to be named later.

Obviously, fans should take into account that, despite the preliminary agenda, plans are subject to and often do change, as past precedence, as it relates to creative matters in WWE, suggests.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If really need to change that...I could see the two team up but only against a larger group.. like maybe Triple H still has some bad blood with the Rock or something and the nWo is reformed.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Rock is gonna screw his team by ? Cena and joining the NWO. Read it on a site seems to be legit everywhere I followed....
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Rock is gonna screw his team by ? Cena and joining the NWO. Read it on a site seems to be legit everywhere I followed....

Drop the site i wanna peep.
  • JYo79
    JYo79 Members Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm guessing it'll be
    Rock,Cena,HHH,C.M Punk, & Sheamus
    vs
    Nash,Miz,R-Truth,ADR,& Christian
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    Drop the site i wanna peep.

lol I was joking

But after tonight I see it being...

Rock/Cena/Punk/HHH/Sheamus

Vs

Nash/Miz/Truth/ADR/Christian

But really the outcasts seem like Christian and Sheamus. Make it a 4 on 4 and keep the story straight.
  • Copper
    edited September 2011
    Options
    after tonight I def. see miz n truth joining nash.....laurinitas will hire them back......nash/miz/truth and 2 more vs rock/cena/punk and 2 more
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This should be that ? ....
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    someone getting screwed

team vince vs team rock/cena maybe hhh
  • Ishi
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If Miz and R Truth in the new NWO and they face off against Punks team in survivor series it would be cool if Punk pulled a Hogan and turned on his team and went to lead the new NWO.
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    thats a spoiler to let rock fight before the match of the decade or w/e u wanna call it
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The Rock is the new NWO. LOL
  • Copper
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was thinking it would be tight if cena turned heel and went to the NWO ala hogan...but I doubt WWE gonna let thier kid bait do that
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This could be good...
  • Ishi
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Rock is in probably the best shape in his career I'd like to see what he still has left.
  • Copper
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    Rock is in probably the best shape in his career I'd like to see what he still has left.

he does look bigger than before....n/h
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    he does look bigger than before....n/h

word he looked like he could pull off the kratos role in fast and furious
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nash, Miz, and Truth should set it off at HIAC - coming out in that black and white attire - and beat the ? outta Punk & Cena... leaving Del Rio to regain the title before that WWE mexican tour. Del Rio joins abd then Raw after HIAC Big Show returns and turns heel and joins. Survivor Series team NWO 2.0 (Del Rio, Nash, Show, Truth & Miz). I dunno how the ? the Rock fits into it though bur Rock>>>

I dunno about calling it NWO, though cause any team with the name NWO will automatically be compared to the original and pale in comparison.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    NWO looks to be coming back, what about the music? Hogan over at TNA has that theme, how does that work? Who owns it?

If it's not NWO it's def something, they will be a group for sure with Vince at the reigns.

Vince vs HHH

maybe a new dx? Punk in it? Cena in it?