Troy Davis..............

2»

Comments

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    heyslick wrote: »
    Keep on pretending that your still in shackles,neither ONE OF YOU have ever been enslaved, me and mine ONLY sleep on them sheets. I've said it repeatedly there's a Thin Line between Love & Hate.

oh shut the ? up yo...
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I blame the witnesses as much as the justice system. Why were these 7 witnesses testifying under oath that Troy killed the man? The witnesses may have been coereced, but they shouldv'e still stood up for justice. Thanks to them, a possible innocent man has been executed. Ah well, I hope they can live with themselves now.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    i blame the witnesses as much as the justice system. Why were these 7 witnesses testifying under oath that troy killed the man? The witnesses may have been coereced, but they shouldv'e still stood up for justice. Thanks to them, a possible innocent man has been executed. Ah well, i hope they can live with themselves now.

i must c/s this.....

All these so called witnesses lied on this man...and now buddy is dead.. Its more there fault than anyones imo
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2011
    i must c/s this.....

All these so called witnesses lied on this man...and now buddy is dead.. Its more there fault than anyones imo

I agree with this as well, it's the witnesses fault more than anyone else. A jury of 7 Blacks and 5 Whites convicted the man, and when 9 witnesses testify against a man, that's very powerful evidence. Troy may have been innocent, but shame on those witnesses. Being coerced is no excuse to LIE UNDER OATH.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Weren't there like 34 witnesses though?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    34 witnesses were called to the stand. There were 9 eyewitnesses to the murder of the cop and I don't know how many witnesses saw it when Davis allegedly shot a black man in the ? face earlier that night. Nobody seems to remember that part of the story.

Anyway, the defense claims 7 people recanted their testimony but this isn't actually true.
  • DWinters
    DWinters Members Posts: 36
    edited September 2011
    Injustice is always a terrible thing, but why are we so focused on these issues??? Not too long ago it was Stanley "Tookie" Williams who was executed.....And I'm sure they'll be another after Mr. Davis.......
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2011
    wonder how you'd react in the face of cops coercing you/threatening to make your life miserable if you don't follow 'recommendation' issued to you.

I would suggest sitting down talking to someone, anyone you know of....who has experienced that, from cops, so you can get a real feel for what those witnesses went thru.

This can't possibly be the fault of no witness since they are powerless as intimidated-humans, so his death is solely the fault of racist cops.

I know all about being coerced by police. I was falsely arrested for trespassing 4 years ago, and cops thought I was gonna buy weed from somebody. They arrested me and put me in a police van and for like 10 minutes they kept going on and on saying they know I was trying to buy weed and to point to "the guy" who sold weed. I said no and stood my ground. The trespassing charges were dropped, and I bought weed from that same dude a week later lol.

Either way if those witnesses were coerced more, it's still no excuse. Stand your ground and don't be a coward. I hate cowards with a passion and will never make excuses for one. Ever. Those witnesses are more guilty than the state of Texas, assuming Troy may have been innocent. But when 34 witnesses are called and only 7 recant, that shows that many people believed Troy killed that man. If he's guilty, than he deserved to die. But if he's innocent, those witnesses have blood on their hands. No reason to put an innocent man in jail, that's the height of selfishness. And I don't like selfish people.