Did Blu Make a Suprise for Us?

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Essence
I havent heard ANYTHING about this. and i dont think ive seen any of these tracks before. maybe someone knows something about this?

Blu - Open (WEB) (2011)

COVER.jpg

01. Point Blank feat. JustLee
02. Good Gracious feat. Da1
03. Steel Remains (Raw)
04. Gotta Be Free feat. Aaron Smartz
05. Taking The Day Off feat. ScienZe & Versis
06. Part Time Suckas feat. Chop & Fresh Daily
07. Avenge Of The Cheap Ass feat. Sene
08. Remember Me feat. D Tail & Definite
09. The Dance feat. Tribe Of Levi
10. Ooh Child feat. Ms Guiterrez
11. The Bottom feat. Micah
12. Brown Sucre (Interlude) feat. Esmeralda Starlett
13. The End
14. Twenty Seven feat. South Broad

Comments

• .Golden Monkey
    .Golden Monkey Members Posts: 15
    edited September 2011
    Awww sookie sookie.

Where's the Miss Jack Davey feature at though?
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Is this your first time hearing about this Golden?
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    damn i havent heard about this. when is it gonna drop??? and is he gonna give it away for free or is it a retail??
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    No idea at all! im gonna look it up ill post what i find. i just visited the website i usually go to for download links and this ? was posted. no info or nothing.
  • .Golden Monkey
    .Golden Monkey Members Posts: 15
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, but I'm looking at the tracklist and I'm not sure this is the album he said he was dropping.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Always one to keep us on our toes, Blu dropped a full Instrumental album over this past weekend entitled Open(TheInstrumentalLP). Your girl's favorite color (aka the space bar's nemesis) dropped this one on his myspace page with no prior notice. The full product was produced under Blu's production alias , GODlee Barnes, "ForHeadsWhoNeedBeats." Blu's still working on his upcoming album, where he will be RAPPING, so don't worry. Follow me after the jump for the download link and credits.

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/Godlee-Barnes-Blu-Open-TheInstrumentalLP.html

Apparently this is a album produced by blu and has featured artists rapping on his beats :(

I heard that album by Sene called A Day Late and A Dollar Short and it was produced by blu. hes not the greatest producer imo haha
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    While the buzz around Blu has continued to grow, one aspect of the L.A. rapper's artistry has been overlooked: he's also becoming one of hip-hop's best up-and-coming producers. Since his early work with producers Exile, Ta'Raach, and Mainframe, Blu has turned to creating his own soundscapes, crafting the entire Her Favorite Colo(u)r project, as well as a handful of standout's on the recently released Jesus. Now, he's putting his beats on full display, with the production album Open, to be released on September 27th, 2011 through New World Color / Nature Sounds. Originally posted online as a Blu-produced instrumental set, Open has been transformed into a full-fledged production album. Johnson Barnes and his gang of like-minded MCs laid vocals to every track, making this Open a brand new collection.

Featuring a slew of promising up-and-comers on the mic, Open is a perfect showcase for Blu's hazy, lo-fi production. Along with two show-stopping appearances from Blu himself, the album features buzzed-about MCs like Fresh Daily, ScienZe, and Sene, as well as newer names like Just Lee and Tribe of Levi. All guests were hand-picked by Blu, so Open also showcases his ear for talent, turning hip-hop fans on to the next generation of rhyme-spitters. But in the tradition of classic production albums like In Control Vol. 1 and Soul Survivor, the main focus here is on the beats, which showcase the distinct sound a talented young beat-maker has been creating.

http://www.fatbeats.com/products/blu-open-cd
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    While the buzz around Blu has continued to grow, one aspect of the L.A. rapper's artistry has been overlooked: he's also becoming one of hip-hop's best up-and-coming producers. Since his early work with producers Exile, Ta'Raach, and Mainframe, Blu has turned to creating his own soundscapes, crafting the entire Her Favorite Colo(u)r project, as well as a handful of standout's on the recently released Jesus. Now, he's putting his beats on full display, with the production album Open, to be released on September 27th, 2011 through New World Color / Nature Sounds. Originally posted online as a Blu-produced instrumental set, Open has been transformed into a full-fledged production album. Johnson Barnes and his gang of like-minded MCs laid vocals to every track, making this Open a brand new collection.

Featuring a slew of promising up-and-comers on the mic, Open is a perfect showcase for Blu's hazy, lo-fi production. Along with two show-stopping appearances from Blu himself, the album features buzzed-about MCs like Fresh Daily, ScienZe, and Sene, as well as newer names like Just Lee and Tribe of Levi. All guests were hand-picked by Blu, so Open also showcases his ear for talent, turning hip-hop fans on to the next generation of rhyme-spitters. But in the tradition of classic production albums like In Control Vol. 1 and Soul Survivor, the main focus here is on the beats, which showcase the distinct sound a talented young beat-maker has been creating.

http://www.fatbeats.com/products/blu-open-cd

As FatBeats reported, this album was FREE via his MySpace for a whole weekend and then it was taken down for commercial release, UGHH has it. I was tempted to cop it with Phonte but I neglected the purchases until Christmas. I'll see what their best sellers are for the year there and go from there… looking forward to getting them.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Is this better than NoYork??
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Didnt bother to listen. i think anything would be better than no york