Gears of War 3 Claims The Biggest Launch Of 2011

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    One Spliff wrote: »
    is'nt gears a 3rd person shooter ?

whys it being compared to 1st person shooters ?

Because PS3 doesn't have any third person shooters. It has 5 FPS' that no one plays.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    focus wrote: »
    Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 haven't sold 3 million life to date, worldwide, combined.

2jdgnxe.jpg

• One Spliff
    edited September 2011
    focus wrote: »
    Because PS3 doesn't have any third person shooters. It has 5 FPS' that no one plays.

does uncharted count ?

or is it considered action adventure ?
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    does uncharted count ?

That ? like damn near every genre rolled into one game.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    yes...lol

havent had a mcdonalds in a while tho

Pause.....
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    ? yeaaaaaa man
  • One Spliff
    edited September 2011
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Pause.....

im confused
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Uncharted series > Gears series

and i played both...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    cs Uncharted>Gears
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    does uncharted count ?

I always see Uncharted listed as "Action Adventure/Platformer".

Don't know anyone or any site that considers it a "Third Person Shooter"
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
  • W!Z G
    W!Z G Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Yall ? are either trolling or hella lame
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    shooters on ps3 are wack I have both systems but ps3 has more innovative games
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Considering this is the biggest exclusive on the 360 since Halo Reach,it better had sold really well out of the gate.It's easy to sell when you have no competition and the shooter genre get's the most support on the 360.Let me know when another game besides Gears or Halo does these numbers.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    this is misleading, the only reason they got 3 milli is you had to pre order to get into the beta, lame misleading stats are misleading
  • Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited September 2011
    MobTown wrote: »
    this is misleading, the only reason they got 3 milli is you had to pre order to get into the beta, lame misleading stats are misleading

You do know that preordering=/= buying, right? You can preorder/reserve a game then not buy it.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    they always have its a larger white castle burger.. not the first choice

Burger King #2 double whopper >

wendy's #2>>>>>burger king
  • stoneface
    edited September 2011
    MobTown wrote: »

Naw, cause you dont HAVE to buy a game that you preordered. I, myself, preordered at Lamestop to get at the beta, then cancelled it when it ended and copped for a better deal at a less ? store cause the game is fire but im sure the majority of people who got the beta ended up copping for the same reason. Gears sells because its a dope ass, fun game in a classic serieswith many loyal and new players. Its wierd that some of yall try so hard to undermine its success as if the game doesnt deserve it, smh.
  • Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited September 2011
    stoneface wrote: »
    Naw, cause you dont HAVE to buy a game that you preordered. I, myself, preordered at Lamestop to get at the beta, then cancelled it when it ended and copped for a better deal at a less ? store cause the game is fire but im sure the majority of people who got the beta ended up copping for the same reason. Gears sells because its a dope ass, fun game in a classic serieswith many loyal and new players. Its wierd that some of yall try so hard to undermine its success as if the game doesnt deserve it, smh.

Damn bruh you must still be angry to repeat what i just said instead of quoting it.
  • One Spliff
    edited September 2011
    Damn bruh you must still be angry to repeat what i just said instead of quoting it.

lol............
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    so is anyone who isnt an arcade ? gonna give an honest review of this game?
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    so is anyone who isnt an arcade ? gonna give an honest review of this game?

Co-Op + Blockbuster Game = 1st Day Cop Good 9/10
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    stoneface wrote: »

Ain't nobody undermining the series.It's an average,TPS that's good for MP and that is it.It brings nothing new to the table and is guilty of the same predictable plots and generic experience that other shooter games get called out for.The important thing is that it is fun,but fun does not equal great.It looks like it would be great for co op,but at the end of the day I personally would rather play something else that is more story driven.I would take it over COD and Halo,but that is not saying much.I would rather play Fable,Alan Wake,Uncharted or Mass Effect.It just boils down to liking single player or multi player.As far as it's success,I don't give a damn and like I said it better had sold well considering that there is nothing else notable on the 360.Sales are about promotion anyway and MS did a great job as usual.MS could sell a radiator to a volcano and have it saying it's the greatest thing ever.You talking like the franchise is on the level of MGS or Final Fantasy.I am not as easily impressed.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Ain't nobody undermining the series.It's an average,TPS that's good for MP and that is it.It brings nothing new to the table and is guilty of the same predictable plots and generic experience that other shooter games get called out for.The important thing is that it is fun,but fun does not equal great.It looks like it would be great for co op,but at the end of the day I personally would rather play something else that is more story driven.I would take it over COD and Halo,but that is not saying much.I would rather play Fable,Alan Wake,Uncharted or Mass Effect.It just boils down to liking single player or multi player.As far as it's success,I don't give a damn and like I said it better had sold well considering that there is nothing else notable on the 360.Sales are about promotion anyway and MS did a great job as usual.MS could sell a radiator to a volcano and have it saying it's the greatest thing ever.You talking like the franchise is on the level of MGS or Final Fantasy.I am not as easily impressed.

idk man if not by fun then what do you determine a game's greatness by? The main purpose of a game is for fun so i would assume the funnest games equal the best games.

i do agree with most of what you said tho....ive stated numerous times gears is co-op driven thats what makes it stand out is the co-op. The multiplayer is nothing special and if your playing solo then there are tons of games that i would rate higher. The 360 has a pretty ? list of co-op games so when you have a good one come out its understandable for ppl to give it high praise and maybe even overate it.
  • stoneface
    edited September 2011
    Mad Jack wrote: »

I say it seems that cats try to undermine it because yall attempt to attribute its success to everything BUT its quality as a game but I disagree. Yeah the ideal game will be great in every aspect but I think pure fun gameplay alone can make a great in its own right. I mean, yeah, story among other elements of a game are all an important part of what can make it great but at the end of the day, it all boils down to having fun playing the game. Like I said before, yeah story is important, of course, but whats a game with a fantastic story if the game play is boring or complete ? ? On the other hand a game could have a weak or even non-existent story but be fun as ? and you'll play the hell out of it. Think games like Left 4 Dead. GOW is a classic series, period and i aint even on no fanboy ? . I love and play both machines. I love Uncharted and Killzone as much as the next man but IMO as far as the complete package and pure fun, nothin is ? with Gears and unless yall actually played through this one, I dont see how you're even in the position to assess the campiagn. If the ? was nothin more than an "average" TPS, all these other developers, including some of yalls favorites wouldnt be trying to copy and borrow from this series like they been doing. Im far from easily impressed as well but I know a good game when I play it.