Lets have a debate! (no coonin)

kanggoodie
kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in IllGaming
man i had the biggest arguement with my cousin and a few XBL ? yesterday.. the question is:

DO YOU THINK COD will still be around in 5 years?

Comments

• kanggoodie
    edited September 2011
    i think not.. because if MW3 turns out to be a re-hash of MW2 with a few new things.. ? gone get tired of it.. they gone have to re-invent themselves to stay up.. graphics dont upgrade or nothing.. the only reason its so popular now is because its arcady and its easy to pick up.. thats y its polluted with 10 years olds.. lol.. and my cousin tried to say its just like 2K11 vs live .. it aint going no where.. i said that makes his argument null because ppl got tired of live and its arcady type game play.. ? like 2k because its a SIMULATOR...
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, I think it'll still be around. A big part of the fanbase are kids, kids are stupid and easily influenced and impressed, so they will continue to have mommy and daddy buy them this ? . All IW or Treyarch has to be is introduce some brand new (over-powered) killstreaks and the COD fanboys will be back hanging from Activision's ? n/h.

COD is on EZ status. What other game rewards you for doing ? that you're supposed to do (killstreaks)? What other game is that easy to get kills in? COD is one of the few games that even complete bums can do good in. It's a casual shooter and because it's so easy to pick up and play, it will still be around.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Thing about COD is, its easy to get into and it is fun. And just when people start to get tired of it, they drop a new one. So I think Activision know what they are doing. And they keep alternating between IW and Treyarch so that they don't get burnt out and have to to get new ideas for a story and maps.
  • kanggoodie
    edited September 2011
    ok so what happened with guitar hero and rock band then?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    The franchise will still be around,but it's hype will die down and the game will sell less like with Halo.The last few Halo games where no where as big as the first 3.COD is this generation's GTA.Also this is the first generation where MP universal and more accessible.I for one am glad that I never bought any of the games and I don't see how the same generic MP can be fun for so long.That's a different thread though.
  • kanggoodie
    edited September 2011
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    The franchise will still be around,but it's hype will die down and the game will sell less like with Halo.The last few Halo games where no where as big as the first 3.COD is this generation's GTA.Also this is the first generation where MP universal and more accessible.I for one am glad that I never bought any of the games and I don't see how the same generic MP can be fun for so long.That's a different thread though.

me and u see eye to eye mane... i was tryna tell them that even tho it may not stop being produced.. it will be no where as popular as it was these days...
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    kanggoodie wrote: »

Nothing with Rock Band, Guitar Hero cancelled lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    And just when you think its all said and done, they go flip the script and give you something new to buy

** BOOM **

COD: Future Warfare

t3endoskeletons1.jpg
  • kanggoodie
    edited September 2011
    The Jamel wrote: »
    it will still be around, they can get a few more years out of it.

granted it will still be the same thing over and over again.
    they still have time to be inovative and bring the series back to its former glory.

thats my thing.. im not saying they dont have a couple more in them.. but the every year scheme is on its last leg... not saying that battlefield is going to take them out.. because ppl will always like the "casual arcade" shooters.. but it wont suvive for too much longer.
  • Big D Beats
    Big D Beats Members Posts: 7
    edited September 2011
    i think it will, i hope they dont ? up MW3 like they did Black Ops i hated that ? , if they make it more like MW2 ill be happy lol
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    It'll still be popular but just like now I won't play it... ? is just like Madden to me.
  • kanggoodie
    edited September 2011
    this game is about to get fatigue man.. like i said treyarch better come with some real innovative stuff.. because yea.. the developers get a full 2 years to make the game, but the market sees a new call of duty every ? year... like UGH .... hopefully RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT drops something that ? on call of duty... but i aint gone lie.. imma cop that MW3 .. lol
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    * looks online n see who playing what
    i see
    GOW 3
    Blacks Ops
    MK
    Madden
    Netflix
    ..................Battlefield Lauce again
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    as long as ppl like to shoot ? , yeah.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited September 2011
    call of duty Black Ops was the first call of duty i played
    and the ? fun as hell
    ill keep buyin them
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    louis rich wrote: »
    * looks online n see who playing what
    i see
    GOW 3
    Blacks Ops
    MK
    Madden
    Netflix
    ..................Battlefield Lauce again

most people play black ops on my friends list...n most of my friends lsit are ppl i added from here.

i think cod will be around in 5 years, but they might have to come with sum major new changes/features after mw3.

but after playing battlefied beta, its safe to say there is no competition for cod anytime soon.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011

The ? was a fad.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    stoneface wrote: »
    The ? was a fad.

So is COD,Gears and Halo.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited September 2011

they not fads
    Sonic was a fad
  • kanggoodie
    edited September 2011
    stoneface wrote: »
    The ? was a fad.

? fads dont last that long... lmao.. guitar hero was out since 05' .. ppl just got tired of the over-saturation... but im realizing that is totally irrelevant.. becuase like e2s said.. as long as ? like shooting .. call of duty wont COMPLETELY die... but battlefield 3 bout to take a loss... i love the game.. but that ? gone be too much for the casual shooter gamers...
  • stoneface
    edited September 2011
    ? fads dont last that long... lmao.. guitar hero was out since 05' .. ppl just got tired of the over-saturation... but im realizing that is totally irrelevant.. becuase like e2s said.. as long as ? like shooting .. call of duty wont COMPLETELY die... but battlefield 3 bout to take a loss... i love the game.. but that ? gone be too much for the casual shooter gamers...

Ok then, a trend, but I was kinda exaggerating but yeah, the music games were over saturating the market , COD isnt. Theres been a new COD out once a year for the past few, the music ? was on some new versions every three months. Huhe difference.
  • stoneface
    edited September 2011

LOL Yeah right.