Am I the only one who think FNL>Cole World?

youngnick
youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Reason
I'm a fan of J. Cole. But his album sounds a lot like another mixtape. I didn't even think Friday Night Lights was all that great, but I like it better than Cole World. IMO he needs to get more top producers and stop producing every one of his own songs. His beats sound very similar. Lights Please and Breakdown my ? though.

Comments

• youngnick
    youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I guess I am then =/
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I think thats the consensus bro.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    imo its the same. but they are both good ass hell so it dont matter to me. good music >>>>
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Cause its not wack. Gucci Mane and Soulja Boy is wack
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Warm up>>>> FNL>>>> Come Up>>>> Cole World

Cole world was wack And I'm a j Cole fan

But people on this forum wont admit it was wack

that's becuz it wasn't.
  • Louie V. Slugger
    Louie V. Slugger Members Posts: 392
    edited October 2011

Bruh, you cant make a statement like that without a reason.

otherwise your just trolling.

Why is it wack?
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited October 2011
    I'm not calling Cole as an artist wack

But This album is definitely wack

u were expectin too much from the album, that's prob why u thought it was wack.
  • Louie V. Slugger
    edited October 2011
    I'm not calling Cole as an artist wack

But This album is definitely wack

How so? You sound like one of those elitist heads.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    The album was boring. No replay value. I learned nothing new from the album. No memorable bangers. No quotables. Just another ? taking up air in a booth. Cole is below average. I dont see the wordplay and lyricism to give him the title of savior. He doesnt have a flow. he sound like everybody else making songs for ? and rapping about material ?
  • Louie V. Slugger
    edited October 2011
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    The album was boring. No replay value. I learned nothing new from the album. No memorable bangers. No quotables. Just another ? taking up air in a booth. Cole is below average. I dont see the wordplay and lyricism to give him the title of savior. He doesnt have a flow. he sound like everybody else making songs for ? and rapping about material ?

See I can respect that ? ,

I think Cole problem is he needs a gimmick ( hate to say it). He started out on the college boy tip, he should have kept at it
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011

i dont see any revolutionary ? from gaga. Pop wise shes below average. No wordplay or or lyrics that stand out. Here hooks are so ? ? tried to hang themselves from it and they dont even come close to dying. She does have a flow. Wait.....she sounds like everyone else making sounds for ? who are always heartbroken and she keep singing about supect ? .

see what i did there
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011

yea i think u were expecting too much frm him...its not wack but its def not above avg either its jus ok...but hes def regressed it seems...i wud put Cole world over come up but i agree with the rest
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    They were released 5 years apart. Why do they have to be compared?
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    i dont see any revolutionary ? from gaga. Pop wise shes below average. No wordplay or or lyrics that stand out. Here hooks are so ? ? tried to hang themselves from it and they dont even come close to dying. She does have a flow. Wait.....she sounds like everyone else making sounds for ? who are always heartbroken and she keep singing about supect ? .

see what i did there

yeah too bad she write her own ? unlike that ? Jay Z is married to. she went #1 worldwide on every chart known to man this year while that ? jay z is married still hasnt went platnium yet with that boring ass album. Her audience may be pop but she is a crossover artist. remember that stupid ? ass fake ceo camel couldnt market her. 350 million dollars she got the last laugh. monster money>his lady money. gaga is a student of disco into electronica/dance/house. plus she incorporate elements of hip hop. thats why she my ? . You keep mentioning homosexuals everytime you talk about gaga. yeah she rally for ? . more power to her. but look though. that ? jay z is married to a ? who has had carnal knowledge with 2 homosexuals. marques houston was ? ? while he was ? bey. sisqo was suckin off ballplayers and church ministers while he was ? bey. Jay Z knows this and he still wifes the ? . this is your hero. like i always say everytime Jay Z kiss beyonce he tastin rae carruth ? . everytime jay z eat beyonce ? he tastin ras b ? . i rather have a gaga avi than to be kissing on a ? who has been pressed up against more ? than a jockstrap.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    They were released 5 years apart. Why do they have to be compared?

Friday night lights not Food and Liquor... and i hate to agree w young ice but hes right...cole got his fans coz he was a young ? who cud spit and seemed like a regular dude...now he wants to be a drake type artist and is bragging on most of his ? ...at least we still got Kendrick
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    yeah too bad she write her own ? unlike that ? Jay Z is married to. she went #1 worldwide on every chart known to man this year while that ? jay z is married still hasnt went platnium yet with that boring ass album. Her audience may be pop but she is a crossover artist. remember that stupid ? ass fake ceo camel couldnt market her. 350 million dollars she got the last laugh. monster money>his lady money. gaga is a student of disco into electronica/dance/house. plus she incorporate elements of hip hop. thats why she my ? . You keep mentioning homosexuals everytime you talk about gaga. yeah she rally for ? . more power to her. but look though. that ? jay z is married to a ? who has had carnal knowledge with 2 homosexuals. marques houston was ? ? while he was ? bey. sisqo was suckin off ballplayers and church ministers while he was ? bey. Jay Z knows this and he still wifes the ? . this is your hero. like i always say everytime Jay Z kiss beyonce he tastin rae carruth ? . everytime jay z eat beyonce ? he tastin ras b ? . i rather have a gaga avi than to be kissing on a ? who has been pressed up against more ? than a jockstrap.

lol at you always compairing gaga to overated ass beyonce cause its easier than comparing her to a talented singer. Sales have nothing to do with talent. And gaga is the perfect example of why coles album was not as good as the mixtape. Normal gaga in nyu without the ? gimmack ass ? costumes was better than this magic trick cross dressing ? that is on the radio. But even then that ? aint ? lyrically. You cant whip out lyrics from any of ? crybaby ? songs that are groundbreaking or origional its all ? the label wants her to market. So was FNL better than the album ...yes but gaga's ? is just as dumbed down or watered down too. Every time i call you out on your wack ass obession with gaga you just talk about beyonce instead of coming with actual facts besides sales lmao. Your gaga ? sucking ass cant even defend that sad lowlife ? logically you still gotta whine about beyonce and jay like they hurt your feelings. You say you hate the new watch alert i say bad romances playing with "disco sticks" and talking about a poker face are more euro and wacker than jays worse concept.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited October 2011

according to my sig, u thought cole could save hip hop. smh just stop the gimmick, go outside, buy cole's album, and get some ? .
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I cant complain i like the album
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I rate FNL higher than Cole World. Cole World was a nice album, it sure still grows on me, but what's lacking is a rawness and harder style of his mixtapes.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Fnl > cw. its not even close imo
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    u were expectin too much from the album, that's prob why u thought it was wack.

lol this comment ... who buys anything with low expectations lol .... ijs ...

but cole ? was hot ... but i think one thing is safe to say .... his production doesnt sound the same on some 9th wonder ? .... he actually produces in a way where it doesnt sound redundant but the production isnt that much innovating alot of his production comes off sounding kind of kanye'ish which isnt bad @ all considering kanye makes dope beats but more of the old kanye then the ever evolving musically kanye .... but def not wack ... he got some bangers ... like Rise and Shine man thats the joint he should of got jigga to drop a 16 on .... thats a mega monster beat ...
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I thought this after first couple of listens........Cole World is a ? great album tho and more I listen more I like......

FNL had alot of album material tho, and listening to it now, it feels classic.

I think that in years time CW will have that same feeling.