First War Horse Trailer Is Here!

dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
First War Horse Trailer Is Here!
Spielberg goes off to World War I
29 June 2011

Steven Spielberg's adaptation of Michael Morpurgo's novel War Horse is galloping towards our screens (sorry) and here, stamping its hooves and shaking its beautiful mane in the wind, is the trailer for the film. Sorry. Hey, at least we didn't call it a thoroughbred!

The story follows a horse named Joey, who is tamed and trained by a young man called Albert (Jeremy Irvine) in the years before the outbreak of World War I. But with the War's coming, Joey and Albert are parted, in a journey that brings our equine hero into contact with British officers, their German opponents and the French farmers caught in the middle.

Judging by this trailer, Spielberg (and regular cinematographer Janusz Kaminski) are on form in a film that looks to be an earthy, or rather muddy, contrast to the 'Berg's The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn later this year. You'll have to squint hard to spot some of the cast members, however: blink and you'll miss the likes of Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hiddleston, Niels Arestrup, Eddie Marsan, Emily Watson, David Thewlis and David Kross.

War Horse is out in the UK on January 13, 2012. Why yes, that does place it right in the heart of awards season. Wonder if that's a coincidence?

Helen O'Hara

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31354

Comments

• TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    not hyped at all that ? looks cheesy
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Not really impressed from what I saw.

Looks like something we've all seen before

Can't this dude direct something outside the box?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2011
    Was looking forward to this film but the trailer hasn't sold it to me at all. Seems pretty mediocre, but then it's only the trailer. Let's hope the film is still actually good.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited October 2011
    New War Horse Trailer Online
    A fresh look at Spielberg's World War I
    04 October 2011 | Written by Helen O'Hara | Source: DreamWorks

You wait ages for a Steven Spielberg film, and then two come along practically at once. As we await the debut of The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn, here's another look at Spielberg's other upcoming treat, War Horse. Go ahead and try to stop yourself shouting "Run, horsey, run!" at the screen as this plays.

Adapted from the Michael Morpurgo book, itself also a hit stage play for the National Theatre, this tells the story of Joey, a horse bought for use in World War I combat, and his owner Alfred (Jeremy Irvine), who goes to considerable lengths to reclaim his equine friend.

The film also stars Peter Mullan, Emily Watson, Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, David Thewlis, Toby Kebbell, Eddie Marsan, David Kross and Niels Arestrup.

War Horse is out in the UK on January 13, 2012, and in the US on Christmas Day. Well, it beats a football match in No Man's Land as Yuletide celebrations go...

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32134