New Melancholia Character Banners

dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
New Melancholia Character Banners
A sneak peek at Von Trier's latest
27 September 2011 | Written by Helen O'Hara | Source: Exclusive

Usually, when we get our sticky hands on some interesting character banners, they're for a big franchise picture featuring wizards or mutants. Well, not this time (unless we've seriously misread the film), because this lot are for Lars Von Trier's Melancholia, which may or may not be about depression, broken families struggling to connect, and/or the end of the world.

It's all held together by a brilliant performance by Kirsten Dunst as Justine, a woman who may (or may not) be depressed (or she may be entirely rational). Also featured here are: her flighty father (John Hurt), faithful fiance (Alexander Skarsgard), hot-tempered (but not so bad) brother-in-law John (Keifer Sutherland) and sister Claire (Charlotte Rampling), who's sort of second-lead in the film. Director von Trier also gets a tribute, which makes an odd sort of sense since he's also almost a character in the film.
54817.jpg 54816.jpg 54815.jpg 54814.jpg

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited September 2011
    54813.jpg 54812.jpg

Melancholia is out this Friday, so get a front-row seat for the end of the world in your local multiplex very soon.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32090
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited October 2011
    Lars Von Trier Releases Public Statement
    He'll never be interviewed again
    05 October 2011 | Written by Ali Plumb

We have received the following message from Lars von Trier concerning an incident that occurred earlier today.
    We present it to you without comment, but for more details surrounding von Trier's unceremonious fall from grace at this year's Cannes Film Festival, head this way.

"Today at 2pm I was questioned by the Police of North Zealand in connection with charges made by the prosecution of Grasse in France from August 2011 regarding a possible violation of prohibition in French law against justification of war crimes."

"The investigation covers comments made during the press conference in Cannes in May 2011. Due to these serious accusations I have realized that I do not possess the skills to express myself unequivocally and I have therefore decided from this day forth to refrain from all public statements and interviews."

Lars von Trier

Avedøre, 5. October 2011

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32148