The Michael Jackson Murder Trial Thread

Options
dan_the_man.com
dan_the_man.com Members Posts: 701
edited October 2011 in The Social Lounge
Michael Jackson images dominate opening of death trial

Reuters, Sep 27, 2011 6:18 pm PDT
Images of Michael Jackson lying dead in a hospital and rehearsing the day before his death, along with recollections of the singer as a troubled "lost boy," made for a heart-wrenching opening on Tuesday to the manslaughter trial of the doctor hired to care for him.
In opening arguments two years after Jackson's death by drug overdose of propofol and sedatives, prosecutor David Walgren told jurors the "Thriller" singer "literally put his life in the hands of Dr. Conrad Murray."

"That misplaced trust in the hands of Conrad Murray cost Michael Jackson his life," Walgren said.

But Murray's lawyers argued Jackson "caused his own death" by giving himself extra medication in a bid to sleep. "He died so rapidly, so instantly, he didn't even have time to close his eyes," defense attorney Ed Chernoff said in opening arguments.

Murray denies he is guilty of the involuntary manslaughter of Jackson on June 25, 2009, but admits giving the 50-year-old pop star a dose of the powerful anesthetic propofol as a sleep aid. He faces a prison sentence of up to four years if convicted. The trial is expected to last four to six weeks.

The Texas cardiologist, who was paid $150,000 a month to care for Jackson, wiped away tears during Tuesday's opening statements as Chernoff defended him.

Jackson's lifeless body was found at his rented Los Angeles mansion just three weeks before a series of 50 planned London comeback concerts titled "This Is It" were scheduled to begin.

Kenny Ortega, the co-director of the concerts, testified that Jackson was excited about the shows because he wanted his young children to see him perform.

"LIKE A LOST BOY"

But on June 19, six days before his death, Jackson turned up at rehearsals in Los Angeles in a worried state. "Michael seemed chilled, lost and incoherent," Ortega recalled.

"I was feeding him, wrapping him in blankets to warm his chills, massaging his feet to calm him and calling his doctor," Ortega wrote in an email to concert promoters hours later. "It broke my heart. He was like a lost boy ... He is terribly frightened it is all going to go away," Ortega put in the email.

Four days later, Jackson was back "full of energy, full of desire to work, full of enthusiasm," Ortega said. Ortega hugged Jackson goodbye after another good day of rehearsals on June 24. On June 25, the director and choreographer said he got a call saying "We lost him."

Chernoff told jurors Murray was trying to wean the pop star off propofol, which Jackson called "milk."

He argued that a frustrated Jackson, tired and under pressure to get the concerts ready, gave himself eight lorazepam anti-anxiety pills to sleep in the early hours of June 25. When he still could not rest, he added propofol.

"We believe the evidence will show... that when Dr. Murray left the room, Michael Jackson self-administered a dose of propofol that with the lorazepam created a perfect storm within his body that killed him instantly," Chernoff added.

"The whole thing is tragic, but the evidence is not that Dr Murray did it," Chernoff said.

Walgren opened the prosecution case by showing jurors a photo of a thin Jackson lying dead on a hospital gurney. He later played video of Jackson's last performance -- an emotional rehearsal of "Earth Song" filmed on June 24, 2009.

Footage of the rehearsals was made into Jackson's posthumous concert movie "This Is It" in 2009 and it became a global box office hit.

Jackson's parents, Joe and Katherine, his sisters, Janet and La Toya, and other family members were in court on Tuesday, while outside dozens of fans outside the courtroom held sunflowers, pictures of the dead pop star, and placards saying "Justice for Michael."

Comments

• Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That doctor should be thrown under the jail. That was Malpractice and Murder. I got a strange feeling that dude is going to walk or get a light sentence though.
  • vikktor
    vikktor Members Posts: 49
    edited September 2011
    Options
    the dead pics were just so sad man .. *sigh* .. that doc wanted the $$ ... was not thinking what the meds would have done to micheal.
  • dan_the_man.com
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Guard describes scene in room where Jackson found

AP, Sep 28, 2011 9:05 pm PDT
    The last days of Michael Jackson's life were filled with the adulation of fans, a rehearsal performance onlookers described as amazing and intense preparations for his big comeback in London.
    In good spirits, Jackson chatted with well-wishers outside his home and at the Staples Center where he practiced songs and dance routines before he returned home. Then, things took a tragic turn, according to Michael Amir Williams, who testified Wednesday in the trial of the doctor charged with involuntary manslaughter in the superstar's death.

Williams, who had gone with him to the rehearsal and had dropped Jackson at home, said he got a frantic call the next day from Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray. "He said, `Get here right away. Mr. Jackson had a bad reaction.' He said, `Get someone up here right away,'" Williams told the jury.

A security guard, Faheem Muhammad, testified that he arrived at Jackson's bedroom to find Murray sweating and nervous, leaning over Jackson and trying to revive him. He said that Jackson's two older children, Paris and Prince, were in shock, and that Paris fell to the ground, curled up and weeping.

Moments later, Muhammad said, he heard Murray ask if anyone knew CPR.

The testimony on the second day of the trial helped shed light on what Murray did and didn't do after he found Jackson unconscious in June 2009. Murray, 58, has pleaded not guilty. If convicted, he could face up to four years in prison and would have to relinquish his medical license.

On June 24, 2009, the day before Jackson's death, Murray was in negotiations to join Jackson on his tour as his personal physician, testified lawyer Kathy Jorrie of concert giant AEG Live. She said she was gathering information for an insurance company to make sure Jackson was in good health and could be insured.

"Dr. Murray told me repeatedly that Michael Jackson was perfectly healthy, in excellent condition. Don't worry about it. He's great," she recalled.

Jorrie said Murray had added to his contract a provision for a CPR machine when they got to London for the highly touted show that would include 50 concerts over nine months. "He needed to be sure if something went wrong he would have such a machine available," she said. "He also told me it was customary."

Murray signed the contract, which would give him $150,000 a month, and faxed it to her that night, she said. Jackson, however, would never get to sign it.

In the late afternoon of June 24, Williams, Jackson's personal assistant, said he arranged for a car and accompanied his boss to Staples Center for a key rehearsal. He said Jackson was in good spirits and had the car stop at the gate so he could roll down the window and chat with fans who were always camped there.

"He would make sure we stopped, stick out his hand, anything to show his fans he loved them," he said.

Williams managed to watch Jackson on stage. "I was an employee but I was a fan first," he said. "I would try to sneak in to watch him. I was working constantly, but I was able to see him perform a little."

How was his performance, asked Deputy District Attorney David Walgren.

"Personally, I thought it was amazing," Williams said. "I thought it was the best thing in the world. He had told me he didn't go 100 percent for the rehearsal. It was about 40 percent. But I thought it was great."

They returned to Jackson's rented Holmby Hills mansion after that, stopping at the gate again. "He was in good spirits," Williams said. "He wanted to stop and say, `Hi.' He even had some conversation with the fans."

Outside the house, parked in its usual spot, was Murray's car.

Williams brought in gifts that had been given to Jackson and said good night. Williams checked out with the security staff and went home. The next day at 12:13 p.m. his cell phone rang. There was a message from Murray.

"Were you asked to call 911?" Walgren asked.

"No sir," Williams said.

He remembered reaching Jackson security guard Alberto Alvarez. "I said, `I don't know what's going on but you have to get in the house' ... I said, `Run. Hurry.'"

Williams said he rushed from his downtown home and arrived just as Jackson's body was being loaded into an ambulance. He helped to gather Jackson's three children and put them in a car to follow the ambulance.

"What was Dr. Murray's appearance?" Walgren asked.

"Frantic," he said. "I knew it was serious."

Williams said he was standing outside the emergency room area when Dr. Murray and a group of doctors emerged. "He walked out and closed the curtains," he said softly. "He said, `He passed.'"

At one point, Walgren had Williams identify a photograph of Jackson's children. The famous photo was taken at a memorial service shortly after Jackson's death was projected on a large courtroom screen.

On cross-examination, defense attorney Ed Chernoff questioned Williams about Murray's actions at the hospital. He said Murray asked to be taken back to Jackson's home to collect some cream he believed Jackson would not want the public to know about. It was later found to be skin whitening cream that is used in the treatment of vitiligo, a skin condition that the singer had.

Williams said he felt police would not want anyone returning to the home and he did not take Murray there. He then said the doctor said he was hungry and asked for food.

Chernoff suggested that Williams should have known from Murray's call that there was an emergency.

Williams disagreed.

"When I hear someone had a bad reaction, I don't think anything fatal," he said. "He didn't tell me to call 911."

Under questioning from Chernoff, Muhammad revealed that Jackson had asked Williams to contact a nurse four days before his death because he was experiencing "weird symptoms."

"One of his hands was hot and his feet were cold," Muhammad said. He told Chernoff that he did not reveal that he had contacted the nurse, Cherilyn Lee, during interviews with police. He said he wasn't asked about it and didn't think it was relevant.

Chernoff has been questioning witnesses about Jackson's interactions with other physicians, including dermatologist Arnold Klein. Muhammad said at times, Jackson visited Klein's office almost daily. A judge has blocked Klein from testifying in the case.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Keep us updated.
    thanks
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Even if he gets off he will still be associated with killing MJ. And people love MJ.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Regardless of the Doctor,Mike was headed to an early death.Most of what lead to his death was self inflicted.It's no secret that Mike was self destructive as he was abusing drugs and anorexic.You also had all of the plastic surgery and his bizarre behavior.People are just looking for a scape goat.What I want to know is where was his family? Why were they no there when it was obvious that he was having problems? None of them confronted him about his health? SMH! Joe ? that entire family up.At the end of the day,Mike controlled what went into his body.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this guy is really just the fall guy they need someone to blame and hes the esiest one. If he wasnt the DR someone else would of been.
  • dan_the_man.com
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Guard: Jackson doc collected vials before 911 call
    By ANTHONY McCARTNEY - AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) — One of Michael Jackson's bodyguards had barely stepped into the singer's bedroom when he heard a scream. "Daddy!" Jackson's young daughter cried.
    A few feet away, the singer lay motionless in his bed, eyes slightly open. His personal doctor, Conrad Murray, was trying to revive him when he saw that Jackson's eldest children were watching.
    "Don't let them see their dad like this," Murray said, the first of many orders that bodyguard Alberto Alvarez testified Thursday that he heeded in the moments before paramedics arrived at Jackson's home in June 2009.
    What happened next — after Alvarez said he ushered Jackson's eldest son and daughter from the room — is one of the key pieces of prosecutors' involuntary manslaughter case against Murray.
    According to Alvarez, Murray scooped up vials of medicine from Jackson's nightstand and told the bodyguard to put them away. "He said, 'Here, put these in a bag,'" Alvarez said.
    Alvarez complied. He placed an IV bag into another bag, and then Murray told him to call 911, Alvarez said
    On the third day of the trial, prosecutors tried to show that Murray, who has pleaded not guilty, delayed calling authorities and that he was intent on concealing signs that he had been giving the singer doses of the anesthetic propofol.
    Alvarez said he thought Murray might be preparing to take the items to the hospital, but didn't question him.
    The bags never made it to the hospital, and prosecutors claim Murray repeatedly lied to emergency personnel and did not tell them he had been giving Jackson doses of the drug as a sleep aid.
    If convicted, Murray, 58, could face up to four years in prison and lose his medical license.
    Defense attorney Ed Chernoff questioned whether there was enough time for Alvarez to shield Jackson's children, survey the room and stow away the drugs in the brief period that phone records show he was in the home before calling emergency responders.
    The bodyguard insisted there was, telling the attorney, "I'm very efficient, sir."
    Chernoff was not convinced, questioning whether 30 seconds was enough time for the dramatic sequence to play out. Alvarez assured him it was.
    The defense attorney also challenged Alvarez's recollection, asking whether the collection of the vials happened after paramedics had come and whisked Jackson to a nearby hospital. Alvarez denied it happened after he called 911.
    Chernoff questioned why Alvarez didn't tell authorities about Murray's commands to bag up the medication immediately after Jackson died, but instead waited until two months after the singer's death. The bodyguard said he didn't realize its significance until seeing a news report in late June in which he recognized one of the bags detectives were carrying out of Jackson's mansion.
    The burly Alvarez became emotional as the 911 call was played for jurors. Jackson's mother, Katherine, appeared distraught and her son, Randy, huddled next to her and put his arm around her. She did not attend the afternoon proceedings,

"Was that difficult to hear?" prosecutor David Walgren asked.
    "It is," Alvarez replied.
    After hanging up with dispatchers, Alvarez said he performed chest compressions on Jackson while Murray gave the singer mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. The doctor remarked it was his first time performing the procedure.
    "'I have to,'" Alvarez recalled Murray telling him, "'because he's my friend.'"
    Alvarez recalled seeing Murray at the hospital where Jackson was taken and sitting next to the emergency room.
    "'I wanted him to make it,'" Alvarez quoted Murray as saying. "'I wanted him to make it.'"
    Alvarez's testimony allowed Walgren to present jurors directly with a bottle of propofol that they've heard much about throughout the previous two days of the trial.
    Jurors intently looked at the bottle, which appeared to still contain some liquid.
    When he entered the bedroom, Alvarez said, he saw Jackson's eyes were open and was surprised to see the singer was wearing a condom catheter, a medical device that allows one to urinate without having to get up.
    Alvarez testified that Murray only told him Jackson had a "bad reaction." Jackson's personal assistant, who testified Wednesday, said Murray told him the same thing.
    Alvarez said it was a stunning scene, a far cry from the night before when the bodyguard stood backstage at Staples Center, sneaking peeks of Jackson performing during what would be his final rehearsal.
    "He was very happy," Alvarez testified. "I do recall he was in very good spirits."
    In another effort to cast doubt on the bodyguard's testimony, Chernoff asked whether Alvarez, another bodyguard, Faheem Muhammad, and Jackson's assistant, Michael Amir Williams, colluded before being interviewed by detectives two months after Jackson's death.
    The three men, who were among the first to interact with Murray after Jackson stopped breathing, have denied the accusation.
    Jackson's personal chef, Kai Chase, testified Thursday about seeing a panicked Murray come into the kitchen the day of Jackson's death and telling her to summon security and send up Jackson's eldest son Prince. The chef said she sent the boy upstairs, but didn't call security.
    Five to 10 minutes after Chase said she saw Murray in the kitchen, the doctor called Williams, who dispatched security to Jackson's bedroom.
    On Friday, jurors are expected to hear from a pair of paramedics who were dispatched to Jackson's mansion and tried resuscitation efforts.
    The medics believed Jackson was already dead by the time they arrived, but Murray insisted the performer be taken to a hospital for additional resuscitation efforts.
    Walgren asked whether anything good had happened to Alvarez as a result of his experience in Jackson's bedroom.
    "No sir," Alvarez responded.
    Media outlets offered him up to $500,000 for interviews, but Alvarez said he always refused. "It's caused a lot of financial problems," he said, starting to choke up. "I went from a great salary to hardly anything."
  • Idoitforhiphop
    Idoitforhiphop Members Posts: 36
    edited September 2011
    Options
    He really is a fall guy. Honestly, the only reason why this is happening or is even as big as it is, is because it's regarding michael jackson.
  • dan_the_man.com
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Michael Jackson was 'clinically dead' on arrival to hospital, ER doctor says
    By Alan Duke, CNN

Los Angeles (CNN) -- The emergency room doctor who pronounced Michael Jackson dead testified Friday that the pop icon had "signs of a dying heart" when he arrived at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
    "He was clinically dead," Dr. Richelle Cooper said. "He did not have a pulse."
    Dr. Cooper was the 13th and last witness for first the week in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray.
    Prosecutors argue Murray, who was Jackson's personal physician as he prepared for planned comeback concerts, was criminally responsible for his death because of medical negligence and his reckless use of the surgical anesthetic propofol to help the pop icon sleep.
    Paramedic recalls when Jackson flatlined Paramedic 'felt he was dead' Patient says he was dumped by Dr. Murray Jackson's doctor admits propofol use
    As Jackson was being rolled into the trauma center after an ambulance ride from his home, Dr. Murray told Cooper that he witnessed when Jackson stop breathing and his heart stopped beating.
    Prosecutors argue that Murray was out of the room and had essentially abandoned his patient when Jackson's heart stopped.
    Murray told Dr. Cooper Jackson's arrest came after he gave him two doses of Lorazepam, a sedative, Cooper testified.
    He did not mention any other drugs, including propofol, which the coroner ruled played a major role in Jackson's death.
    Cooper is expected to detail the unsuccessful efforts in the hospital to bring Jackson back to life when her testimony resumes Monday.
    A Los Angeles County paramedic who responded to the delayed 911 call from Michael Jackson's home the day he died testified Friday that Jackson was "flatlined" and appeared dead when rescuers arrived.
    Paramedic Richard Senneff and his partner Martin Blount both testified that at no time during the 42 minutes they were with Jackson did they see any signs of life in him.
    Deputy District Attorney Deborah Brazil asked Blount, who drove the ambulance, about his initial assessment of Jackson's condition when he arrived.
    "I felt he was dead, ma'am," Blount said.
    Senneff testified that Murray told responders he had only given Jackson a dose of lorazepam to help him sleep and that he was treating him for dehydration and exhaustion, with no mention of the propofol.
    Prosecutors contend one of the acts that makes Murray criminally responsible for Jackson's death was that he misled the paramedics by not telling them he had given his patient propofol before he stopped breathing.
    The coroner ruled that Jackson's June 25, 2009, death was the result of "acute propofol intoxication" in combination with sedatives.
    The judge imposed a gag order Friday, preventing lawyers for Murray from talking to reporters about the case. His order came after he learned Matt Alford, a law partner to lead defense lawyer Ed Chernoff, gave a TV interview to NBC's Ann Curry on Friday morning.
    "The court wants to make it clear that the attorneys for the parties in this case are ordered not to comment to anyone outside of their respective teams, either directly or indirectly, on any aspects on this case," Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said at the end of Friday's morning session.
    Pastor has previously admonished lawyers not to talk to reporters, but until now there has been no official order preventing it.
    In his testimony, paramedic Senneff said that when he asked Murray "how long the patient was down," the doctor responded "It just happened right when I called you," Senneff said.
    Paramedic Blount recalled Murray saying Jackson was "down" just one minute before their arrival.
    Earlier testimony indicated the emergency call was not placed for at least 15 minutes after Murray realized Jackson was not breathing.
    "It meant to me that this was a patient we had a good chance of saving," since the paramedics arrived just five minutes after the 911 call, Senneff said.
    The paramedic, however, said it "did not add up to me" because of Jackson appeared dead.
    "When I first moved the patient, his skin was very cool to the touch, his eyes were open, they were dry and his pupils were dilated," Senneff said. "When I hooked up the EKG machine, it was flatlined."
    At one point, Murray told paramedics he felt a pulse in Jackson's upper right leg, but their heart monitor showed no rhythm, Senneff said.
    Day 3: Murray's attempts to save Jackson How Jackson's kids viewed his last hours Jackson's chef describes frantic scene Alvarez: Jackson was 'very light'
    A doctor communicating by radio with the paramedics recommended at 12:57 p.m., a half hour after they arrived, that they cease efforts to revive Jackson and declare him dead, according to a recording of the radio traffic played in court.
    Murray then took over responsibility for the effort and continued resuscitation efforts, Senneff said.
    The defense appeared to make one important point in their cross-examination of Senneff. The paramedic said when he first walked into bedroom he saw Murray and a security guard moving Jackson off the bed and onto the floor.
    That contradicts Thursday's testimony by Alberto Alvarez, who worked for Jackson, who said he helped move Jackson from the bed while he was on the 911 phone call at least six minutes before the paramedics arrived.
    The timing is important because it could call into question testimony by Alvarez about when Murray asked for his help in collecting drug vials from around the bed.
    Prosecutors argue Murray's medical care as Jackson's personal physician was so reckless that he should be held criminally responsible for his death.
    Deputy District Attorney David Walgren said Murray abandoned "all principles of medical care" when he used a makeshift intravenous drip to administer propofol to put Jackson to sleep.
    Murray acknowledged in a police interview that he gave Jackson propofol almost every night for two months as the singer prepared for comeback concerts that were set to start in London in July 2009.
    The device Murray used to monitor Jackson's pulse and blood oxygen level while he used propofol to put him to sleep was the focus of testimony by the first witness Friday.
    An executive with the company that made the Nonin 9500 pulse oxymeter said it was "designed for spot checking of vital signs" and was "specifically labeled against continuous monitoring."
    The $275 device did not have an audio alarm, requiring someone to constantly keep an eye on the tiny screen, Robert Johnson testified. Murray would have been better equipped with his company's table top version that would cost $1,200, Johnson said.
    Prosecutors argue Murray's lack of professional monitoring equipment was reckless and is one reason the doctor should be held criminally responsible for Jackson's death.
    One of Murray's former patients testified Friday that Murray saved his life after a heart attack just months before Jackson's death.
    Although Robert Russell was called by the prosecution, his testimony possibly bolstered the defense contention that Murray is a caring and capable cardiologist.
    "The advice he gave me saved my life," Russell said, describing how Murray not only put several stents in the arteries near his heart, but he also took time to help him change his unhealthy habits.
    "He gave me advice on exercise, on eating, just how to live my life, doing away with pressure and stress that I believe I thrived on in the business world," said Russell, a sales manager for an electrical distribution firm.
    The prosecution called Russell as an example of how Murray left his patients without a doctor when he went to be Michael Jackson's personal physician in April 2009.
  • dan_the_man.com
    edited October 2011
    Options
    "I was dismayed, flabbergasted, left out," Russell said. "I did feel abandoned."
    His testified, however, that he was still able to contact Murray over the phone for advice and his clinic staff supported his therapy.
    Russell's new cardiologist recently checked the Murray's work on his heart and "was very excited how my stents have held up," Russell testified.
    In previous testimony, Jackson's chef Thursday defended her decision not to alert a security guard that Murray needed help in Jackson's bedroom after the doctor frantically asked her to do so.
    It wasn't until about 10 minutes later that a guard in a trailer a few feet away from chef Kai Chase's kitchen was ordered upstairs to the bedroom where Murray was trying to revive Jackson, according to trial testimony.
    Murray "was very nervous, and frantic and he was shouting," when he ran down a staircase near the kitchen where Chase was preparing Jackson's lunch, Chase testified Thursday afternoon.
    "Get help, get security, get Prince," Chase said Murray screamed.
    The chef's response was to walk into the nearby dining room where Jackson's oldest son, Prince, was playing with his sister and brother, she said.
    "I said 'Hurry, Dr. Murray needs you. There may be something wrong with your father," Chase said she told Prince Jackson.
    She then returned to the kitchen to continue lunch preparation, she said.
    "He's asking for help, he's asking for security," defense lawyer Michael Flanagan said during cross-examination. "Did you think that a 12-year-old child was going to be able to assist this doctor with a problem with Michael?"
    "I did what I was told and I went to get Prince," Chase answered.
    Murray's lawyers are laying the groundwork to argue that Murray should not be blamed for the delay in calling for help because he relied on the chef to alert security, who then could call for an ambulance.
    The prosecution, meanwhile, contends that a delay in calling 911 for an ambulance was Murray's fault and one of the negligent acts that make him criminally responsible for Jackson's death.
    Alvarez, the Jackson employee who called 911,at least 10 minutes after Murray's plea to the chef for help, testified earlier Thursday that Murray told him to help gather up drug vials around Jackson's deathbed before he asked him to place the emergency call.
    Alvarez, who served as Jackson's logistics director, showed the court how he saw an empty vial of propofol inside a torn IV bag that was hanging on a stand.
    During questioning by the defense, however, Alvarez indicated it was another IV bag with a clear saline solution, not propofol, that was attached by a tube to Jackson's leg.
    Alvarez testified that when he first rushed into the bedroom where Murray was trying to revive Jackson, the doctor asked him to help put drug vials into bags.
    "He reached over and grabbed a handful of vials, and he asked me to put them in a bag," Alvarez testified.
    Prosecutors contend that Murray was trying to gather up evidence of his criminal responsibility for Jackson's death, even before asking that someone call for an ambulance.
    Under cross-examination, defense lawyer Ed Chernoff led Alvarez slowly through his steps during a half-minute period, apparently trying to show that his memory is wrong about the sequence of events.
    When Chernoff asked him whether all of the events he described could have happened in the 30 seconds, Alvarez answered, "I'm very efficient, sir."
    Chernoff also hinted that the defense would argue that Alvarez altered his account of events two months later after conferring with other witnesses.
    After helping Murray place the vials in bags, the doctor asked him to call 911. The recording of the call was played in court Thursday.
    Alvarez said he's been offered up to $500,000 for interviews about Jackson's death. He's turned them all down, despite financial problems and the lack of employment, he said.
    The trial began Tuesday.
    Chernoff contends that Jackson, desperate for sleep, caused his own death by taking a handful of sedatives and self-administering propofol while the doctor was out of the room.
    If convicted of involuntary manslaughter, Murray could spend four years in a California prison and lose his medical license.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Regardless of the Doctor,Mike was headed to an early death.Most of what lead to his death was self inflicted.It's no secret that Mike was self destructive as he was abusing drugs and anorexic.You also had all of the plastic surgery and his bizarre behavior.People are just looking for a scape goat.What I want to know is where was his family? Why were they no there when it was obvious that he was having problems? None of them confronted him about his health? SMH! Joe ? that entire family up.At the end of the day,Mike controlled what went into his body.

Micheal Jackson's family, specifically Janet, tried on a few occasions to stage an intervention with him to get help for his addiction, and he refused. With that said, people may be looking for a scapegoat, and this doctor seems to have eagerly signed up for the part. He died under his physicians care due to a medication that should have only been available in a hospital. The doctor admitted to giving him that medication prior to his death outside of a hospital setting. The defense's argument is that he administered the drug to himself, which is questionable since he was already loaded up on atleast 5 other medications at the time, whether he gave it to himself or not, is not the issue. That medication shouldnt have been bought into his home by the physician to begin with. Not even gonna go into how this cat didnt even know CPR, im no doctor and I even kno CPR, and here this guy is administering CPR with one hand and not properly, mouth/mouth. I dont think he killed the man, but there is negligence on so many different fronts without a doubt.
  • dan_the_man.com
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ER doc: Jackson physician never mentioned propofol

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson was clinically dead when he arrived at a hospital and two emergency room doctors said they thought it was futile to attempt to revive him. His doctor, however, insisted that they try.
    Both doctors, testifying at Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial Monday, said Murray failed to tell them that he had been giving Jackson the anesthetic propofol or when Jackson had been medicated or stopped breathing.
    "He said he did not have any concept of time, that he did not have a watch," said Dr. Thao Nguyen, a cardiologist at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, where Jackson was taken on June 25, 2009.
    "Dr. Murray asked that we not give up easily and try to save Michael Jackson's life," she said. "...In Dr. Murray's mind, if we called it quits, we would be giving up easily."
    Nguyen said Murray "sounded desperate and he looked devastated." But, she said, without knowing how much time had passed since he stopped breathing, resuscitation was a remote hope.
    "It was not too little too late," she said. "It was a case of too late. I feared that time was not on Mr. Jackson's side."
    Murray, 58, has pleaded not guilty. Authorities say Murray administered the fatal dose and acted recklessly by providing Jackson the drug as a sleep aid at his home when it is supposed to be administered in a hospital. The defense argues that Jackson gave himself an additional dose of the drug when Murray was out of the room.
    Nguyen and Dr. Richelle Cooper, who oversaw Jackson's care in the emergency room, said Murray never mentioned that he had given the singer the propofol. They said he told them that he had given two doses of lorazepam, also known as Ativan, trying to get him to sleep.
    "Did he ever mention propofol to you?" Deputy District Attorney David Walgren asked Nguyen.
    "Absolutely not," she said in a firm voice.
    Before leaving the stand, Nguyen said, "I've never heard of propofol being used outside of a hospital."
    She said at least three medical personnel, including an anesthesiologist, should be present when the drug is given. Walgren asked her: "Have you ever heard of propofol being used in someone's private bedroom?"
    Nguyen replied: "That would be a first. I've never heard of it."
    In cross-examination, defense attorney Michael Flanagan was able to get Cooper to say that, even if they had known about the propofol, they could not have saved Jackson's life.
    "Michael Jackson had died long before he became my patient," she said. "It is unlikely with that information I could have done something that would have changed the outcome."
    She also said that the amount of propofol which Murray has since claimed he gave Jackson would not have put him to sleep and would have dissipated from his body in five to seven minutes.
  • dan_the_man.com
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Jackson doctor's girlfriend talks calls, shipments

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dr. Conrad Murray's complicated love life became entangled with the life and death of his patient Michael Jackson, prosecutors suggested Tuesday as they called a parade of women witnesses who received phone calls from the doctor as Jackson was near death.
    The evidence was designed to show that the doctor was trying to juggle his medical practice, personal life and superstar patient all at the same time and was so distracted he failed to give Jackson proper care.
    Murray's phone records from the day Jackson died were displayed in court as a backdrop for testimony of those at the other end of the cell phone calls. Three of them were current and former girlfriends and one was the manager of Murray's Houston office.
    Nicole Alvarez, who lives with Murray and is the mother of his small son, was a key witness. She said she received a phone call from Murray as he rode in an ambulance beside Jackson's lifeless body on June 25, 2009.
    "I remember him telling me that he was on the way to the hospital in an ambulance with Mr. Jackson and not to be alarmed," Alvarez said. "He was worried I would hear about it."
    Three more calls to her were recorded that day but she didn't remember the conversations.
    Alvarez was depicted as an unwitting conduit for Murray's purchases of the powerful anesthetic propofol which Jackson craved as a sleep aid. Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter, accused of giving the star an overdose of the drug and failing to respond properly when he found him not breathing.
    Murray has pleaded not guilty, and his attorneys claim Jackson took the fatal dose himself.
    Alvarez recounted how she received many shipments of boxes for Murray in April, May and June 2009 but didn't open them and had no idea of their contents. The pharmacist who shipped them to her Santa Monica apartment from Las Vegas testified that he thought he was shipping to Murray's medical office.
    FedEx and pharmacy receipts displayed by Deputy District Attorney Deborah Brazil showed that they contained large amounts of propofol, sedatives and a skin whitening cream used to treat the skin disease vitiligo from which Jackson suffered.
    Tim Lopez, the Las Vegas pharmacist who filled orders from Murray, testified that over four months he purchased 255 vials of propofol, 20 vials of the sedative lorazepam, 60 vials of midazolam and several tubes of lidocaine which was intended to numb injection sites. He also purchased saline solution in IV bags.
    Alvarez, who had given birth to Murray's son in March 2009, recalled the doctor telling her that he was Jackson's private physician. The 29-year-old actress said she found it exciting.
    "It was Michael Jackson!" she exulted when she recounted meeting the star. She said Murray surprised her, telling her he was taking her to meet someone and then they arrived at Jackson's home.
    "I was speechless," Alvarez said. "I couldn't believe I was meeting Michael Jackson."
    Alvarez smiled frequently and was often breathless during her testimony. She told of her romance with Murray that began at a Las Vegas night club and drew her into the glamorous world of Jackson's inner circle.
    She said she and Murray met Jackson several other times. "Michael was very interested in the baby," she said. "He saw my stomach growing with the pregnancy. He wanted to schedule a visit so he could see my son."

Alvarez said she brought the little boy to Jackson's home twice for visits.
    When they settled into her Santa Monica apartment, Alvarez said, Murray began keeping odd hours but she never asked why. He would leave at about 9 p.m. and not return until the morning. He would tell her he was "going to work," she said, and she presumed he was at Jackson's home.
    She said she had plans to move to London with Murray when he toured with Jackson but those plans ended when the superstar died on June 25, 2009. "I never finished packing," she said sadly.
    In opening statements, a prosecutor said Murray had received more than 4 gallons (15 liters) of propofol while working with Jackson, most of it sent to Alvarez's home. Murray told police after Jackson's death that he was giving the singer propofol as a sleep aid.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    brigittemorgan.jpg?w=480&h=320
    5db8f4_drtrio.jpg
    the ? conrad was a jiggalo and found enough time to talk to all 4 of these women on the day mike passed away .......
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yall didnt hear this

they played this joint yesterday in full
    Damn.. Michael always had heart not matter what state he was in ..
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    brigittemorgan.jpg?w=480&h=320
    5db8f4_drtrio.jpg
    the ? conrad was a jiggalo and found enough time to talk to all 4 of these women on the day mike passed away .......

numbers 1 and 4 could get dug out raw with the quickness

this was the only thing that made this trial relevant for me *shrugs*
  • Truerap
    Truerap Members Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dame he love kids not in a sex way man he was the goat.
  • dan_the_man.com
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Jackson death investigator grilled by defense

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A defense attorney on Thursday attacked the notes and recollections of a coroner's investigator who collected medication and other items from the bedroom of Michael Jackson after he died.
    Ed Chernoff, lead attorney for defendant Dr. Conrad Murray, questioned whether a "substantial number of mistakes" had been made during the coroner's inquiry into Jackson's death in June 2009.
    Chernoff said during cross-examination that investigator Elissa Fleak didn't note that she had found a bottle of propofol inside an IV bag until March 2011, nearly two years after the singer's death.
    Fleak denied doing anything wrong but acknowledged she updated her notes with the key detail just a few months ago and destroyed her original notes from the crime scene.
    The lawyer questioned whether she heard the detail in testimony by bodyguard Alberto Alvarez, who testified during a preliminary hearing in January that he saw the bottle inside the IV bag. He repeated the detail for jurors last week and said Murray told him to put the IV bag into another bag before calling 911.
    The bag filled with propofol, sedatives and other medication was found during a search of Jackson's closet four days after his death. The search was prompted by Murray's interview with police on June 27, 2009.
    Authorities say Jackson died of acute propofol intoxication combined with other sedatives administered by Murray. Defense attorneys have an alternate theory: The King of Pop gave himself the fatal dose when the cardiologist left the singer's bedroom.
    Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
    Fleak also acknowledged Thursday that she accidentally handled a syringe found on the floor of Jackson's bedroom, leaving a thumbprint. In addition, she said she moved a vial of medication from the floor in order to get a better photograph of an empty bottle of propofol that was next to Jackson's bed.
    Fleak is one of the first investigators to testify in the case and has undergone the most extensive questioning by defense lawyers of any witness thus far about details and any missteps that may have been made after Jackson's death.
    She also testified about Jackson medical records that Murray turned over in response to a subpoena that referenced treatments between 2006 and 2008 but made no mention of propofol.
    In testimony Wednesday, Fleak detailed numerous medications that were found in Jackson's bedroom and closet area.
    By the end of the day, more than three dozen bottles of medicine were lined up in two jagged rows on the edge of the prosecution table, directly in front of jurors.
    Prosecutors will work Thursday to begin explaining to jurors how the drugs interacted and led to the superstar's death. Deputy District Attorney David Walgren told a judge he would call a toxicology expert and a coroner's investigator to testify.
    Also Wednesday, Walgren played a more than four-minute recording of a rambling, slurring Jackson found on Murray's cellphone. The recording was made just six weeks before the singer died in June 2009.
    In the call, Jackson is heard telling Murray he planned to use proceeds from his comeback concerts to build a world-class children's hospital. After saying he hoped the patients would be spared some of the pain of his own life, Jackson's voice is heard at the end of the recording, mumbling ominously, "I am asleep."
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    He really is a fall guy. Honestly, the only reason why this is happening or is even as big as it is, is because it's regarding michael jackson.

I agree but the doctor should have been more knowledgeable of what's going on. There was propabal everywhere, a doctor should have never allowed that anywhere near a home. I think he's gonna be convicted, as bad as I feel for him, since Michael did want the propabal there. Regardless, he was still a doctor and he shouldve known that drug belonged only in a hospital setting.