I'm not a poet or nothing but I wrote this a month ago thought I'd see what you think

Options
Esiam
Esiam Banned Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
edited October 2011 in Waiting To Exhale
Anyways here's my poem I wrote, I'm not a poet or anything I just sometimes I write poems to deal with ? and I usually don't go back and change stuff so sometimes they are kind of "fluid" or whatever, I never read poetry or anything, my influences would prolly be the movie SLAM and well rapmusic in general...

Now starts the bleeding, even though my heart is beating
I'm at large with defeat when, I start to to pull apart these thoughts I've been keeping
In my thinking-capsule, why must the glass always be half-empty never half-full
I can't take the hassle, I can't even break the castle of sand that you helped build
I await then I fast forward, re-wind the tape run it back play nah pause hit record
Now starts the bleeding, even though my heart is beating
I feel like I'm caught in a beating severly bruised and battered
But in the end does what I feel really matter
So what? I'm caught up in this mental battery, beating myself to death
Defeating myself to my very last breath, deleting myself to my very last step
One step closer to ? , two steps away from you
Three steps away from knowing what to do in the fourth quarter
I'm cornered, surrounded, trapped between a rock and a hard place
This is not filet mignon, this is sushi I'm giving you the raw taste
No CGI-effects could ressurect my damaged intellect
But in retrospect maybe I could have spoken another dialect if I got my head checked
Nah my heart would most likely be just like me but slightly different
I might be indifferent, because I don't think I care anymore if I did that would make a slight difference
but I don't so whatever next flight leaves at 5 AM one-way ticket no return to innocence
For even though my heart is beating the bleeding has already started I won't be coming back home
For my soul has slowly started to depart from where my heart is destination unknown

Comments

• Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Good ? fam, I write anytime to deal with my issues too. This ? is a great way to relase stress .
  • Esiam
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    this was a decent drop, for somebody who don't write much, or consider themself a poet.. I honestly believe everybody has a poet in them.. just gotta implement all the tools..

But i enjoyed reading this, and i hope to see you grow poetically right chere'!!!

keep em' coming!

thanks for sharing too,

Peace!
  • Esiam
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Alright thanks tbh I'm not sure if I can grow poetically, I mean I don't see it as a problem, I don't plan on becoming a poet or nothing it's just venting really for me, like when I write I just write, like the ? just write themselves I start with something and then I end somewhere, sometimes I try to wrap it all together by reusing portions from one line in the other like usually the first returns somehow in the last, to make it sort of a neverending circle, other than that I don't think much when I write
  • costy88
    costy88 Members Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Options
    you are really talented. I like it
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Esiam wrote: »
    Alright thanks tbh I'm not sure if I can grow poetically, I mean I don't see it as a problem, I don't plan on becoming a poet or nothing it's just venting really for me, like when I write I just write, like the ? just write themselves I start with something and then I end somewhere, sometimes I try to wrap it all together by reusing portions from one line in the other like usually the first returns somehow in the last, to make it sort of a neverending circle, other than that I don't think much when I write

your most welcome.. and that's okay. you can share your writing here with us if you like.. if that's what you can do to vent, go on ahead lol.. most of us usually turn to something to vent out frustrations and anger or emotions for that matter..and writing is thee best outlet...

Peace.
  • Esiam
    edited October 2011
    Options
    costy88 wrote: »
    you are really talented. I like it

Thanks, I appreciate that!
  • tmilly
    tmilly Members Posts: 6
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Esiam wrote: »
    One step closer to ? , two steps away from you
    Three steps away from knowing what to do in the fourth quarter

That's my favorite part right there. Really clever, easy to connect with, at least for me.