They sayin 80+ ppl died in the Norway shooting. Mostly kids.

Options
13»

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the beat wrote: »
    Oh, and Flat Money, ? you! Show some respect.
    Are you saying I need to post more pics of the dead?

Because I have them, the higher-resolution, uncensored ones.

ibZuSI.png
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They said, dude was anti Muslim,and a right wing extremest, but.. Norway as yall know, is an open country with fewer crimes, hardly no violence. Same goes for Sweden and Netherlands.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Just some possible motivations to whichever party was behind this. Doubtful he acted alone. Who provided the bombs, the weapons and the police uniform? Google "Operation Gladio", if you already don't know.
    ...or it could be something simpler like "this guy is a crazy person"
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Skim that manifesto. this dude was thorough or whoever authored it i posted some excerpts.. before
  • zulfiqar ali
    zulfiqar ali Members Posts: 14
    edited July 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    ...or it could be something simpler like "this guy is a crazy person"
    Could be. Although, i doubt he was alone in this.
  • the beat
    the beat Members Posts: 84
    edited July 2011
    Options
    He was part of a right wing extremist/ christian fundamentalist group called The Knights Of The Templar Europe. Anti authority/ anti islam group. According to his manifest he recieved extensive mentoring on how to plan out and go trough with attacks on the "marxsist government". But it seems like he did it all on his own, thorough in every way.
  • janklow
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Could be. Although, i doubt he was alone in this.
    well, are we talking "not alone in this" as in there's a friend or associate or two that helped with part of this, or "not alone in this" as in a vast secret conspiracy being responsible? because there's a degree of difference between them
    Mr.Burns wrote: »
    I don't believe he did it on his own. How do you plant a bomb near the same building where the PM works-
    welcome to Norway, a country where they are proud of such openness
    Mr.Burns wrote: »
    -and able to get a police uniform and somehow get clearance to go on the island if you don't have some sort of network.
    something made even easier if it's not a real police uniform
  • quiet1
    quiet1 Members Posts: 146
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why every person who knocks alternative theories has to say it wasn't a vast conspiracy involving lots of people?
    A couple of intel agents could set something like this up easily.

Not saying that's what happened though.
  • Friend or Foe II
    Friend or Foe II Members Posts: 23
    edited July 2011
    Options
    He was part of a right wing extremist/ christian fundamentalist group called The Knights Of The Templar Europe. Anti authority/ anti islam group. According to his manifest he recieved extensive mentoring on how to plan out and go trough with attacks on the "marxsist government". But it seems like he did it all on his own, thorough in every way.

his statements regarding the other 'cells' of the Knights Templar or whatever should be taken with a grain of salt I think. his description of these organisations read more like in-game briefings of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 than anything else.

anyway, this dude committed a relatively large-scale terrorist attack but he seems to be awfully disconnected from real life ( from reading his 'manifesto n ? ) and, like a lot of these counter-jihad folks, spent most of his time online. This doesn't mean he's a loner, this islamophobic/conservative online vitriol combined with the ease with which one can execute such an attack if you're not already known to intelligence services can produce multiple of such individuals

when peoplecast him as a 'lone wolf' they forget that lone wolves don't come out of nowhere but are the product of specific conditions as well
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i actually finally read up on this in the morning, after seeing it in the news over and over again. What got me was that the man apparently killed 60+ people. That's pretty damn inexplicable. But like others have said, when you factor in Norway's lax society, his police uniform plan, and the fact that it took place in a small island, i guess it makes sense. I really admire countries that are lax and have low crime rates, so I really feel bad for Norway. Terrorism in any way, shape, or form is truly disgusting. And even more so, it's counter-productive and idiotic as far as activism goes.
  • the beat
    edited July 2011
    Options

welcome to Norway, a country where they are proud of such openness

You just dont get it....
  • the beat
    edited July 2011
    Options
    his statements regarding the other 'cells' of the Knights Templar or whatever should be taken with a grain of salt I think. his description of these organisations read more like in-game briefings of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 than anything else.

anyway, this dude committed a relatively large-scale terrorist attack but he seems to be awfully disconnected from real life ( from reading his 'manifesto n ? ) and, like a lot of these counter-jihad folks, spent most of his time online. This doesn't mean he's a loner, this islamophobic/conservative online vitriol combined with the ease with which one can execute such an attack if you're not already known to intelligence services can produce multiple of such individuals

when peoplecast him as a 'lone wolf' they forget that lone wolves don't come out of nowhere but are the product of specific conditions as well

True that.
    These types of attacks are almost impossible to guard yourself against, unless cops use stasi methods
  • janklow
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You just dont get it....
    or i might have some notion of what i am talking about, it's one of those
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    this dude still alive about to get charged with "terrorism". the police didnt put him down on sight...

...but i might get shot in the back for pullin out my cell phone. smh
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This ? is so sad. The world would be better without that ? .
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    this guy is alive and kickin it in jail meanwhile a 13 year old boy was shot dead by police in Chicago for carrying a BB gun
  • the beat
    edited July 2011
    Options
    or i might have some notion of what i am talking about, it's one of those

LOL, indeed
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    this dude still alive about to get charged with "terrorism". the police didnt put him down on sight...

...but i might get shot in the back for pullin out my cell phone. smh

I swear I was thinking the same thing after he got caught. Amadou Diallo got shot 41 times for pulling out his wallet, this dude kills 76 people and walks around with cops with a smile on his face.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I don't get it. They said this dude is associated with neo-nazis. He's in Norway. Why would he go on a spree like this? A large portion of the population probably looks like the prototypical ? .
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I don't get it. They said this dude is associated with neo-nazis. He's in Norway. Why would he go on a spree like this? A large portion of the population probably looks like the prototypical ? .

Politics....
  • janklow
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I don't get it. They said this dude is associated with neo-nazis. He's in Norway. Why would he go on a spree like this?
    something tells me the occasional crazy person might live in Norway