Rhymesayers 2011 Appreciation Thread

andre_1024
andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Essence
Atmosphere, Blueprint, Grieves and Evidence have all put out studio albums in 2011, and they've all been quality albums..Rhymesayers Entertainment always put out great music, and that hasn't changed this year..

Atmosphere-The Family Sign: 3.5/5
Tho this album was not as good as WLGYL imo, it's still a pretty good album..it definitely has some gems on it like Last to Say, I Don't Need Brighter Days, Your Name Here, Something So, If You Can Save Me Now..Slug & Ant continue to add solid albums to their catalog..

Blueprint-Adventures in Counter Culture: 4.5/5
Great album!..I haven't stopped playing this album since I heard it..Production is top notch, has great lyrics and content..definitely in my top 3 albums this year..not really a bad song on this album..favorite tracks are Stole Our Yesterday, Radio-Inactive, The Other Side, The Clouds, Mind Body & Soul, My Culture..

Grieves & Budo-Together/Apart: 4/5
Grieves lays it all on the table, backed by great production that fits perfectly with Grieves lyrics..makes for a solid album..favorite tracks are Lightspeed, Boogie Man, Wild Thing, Heartbreak Hotel, Falling from You

Evidence-Cats & Dogs: 4/5
Evidence continues the Rhymesayers trend of putting out quality music with Cats & Dogs..was very impressed being that I never really got into Evidence..great lyrics along with great production on this album from the Alchemist & DJ Premier..Evidence delivers on his Rhymesayers debut..favorite tracks are Late for the Sky, Red Carpet, You, The Epilogue, It Wasn't Me

Comments