Ayo. Somebody Put Me On To This X-Men "Schism" Storyline

DrMindbender122
DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in Quite Comical
From what I hear, this is pretty much the X-Men's own Civil War storyline. From what I'm seeing on Google, it's pretty much Wolverine vs. Cyclops and the rest of the X-population will be taking sides. I wanted a lil bit more detail, though. I know Logan and Scott had beef brewing from day one, but damn.

Cutupvisor-390x600.jpg

XMEN_SCHISM_Teaser-592x900.jpg

If anyone knows what's what, put me on. Otherwise, Imma have to break bread, go the comic book stores and harass the employees there about WTF is going on in the X-world these days.

Also, I heard that "Uncanny X-Men" is being cancelled right after this storyline. Cancelled and more likely relaunched.

Yeahwolvie-197x300.jpg

Not looking too good for Scott in this pic

Spoiler alert:

I dunno if this'll turn out to be true or not, but I read somewhere that Wolverine will be victorious over Cyke. If that's so, that's complete ? . Cyke was the 1st X-Man and will forever be the leader as far as I'm concerned.

Comments

• ToWn_DrUnK
    ToWn_DrUnK Members Posts: 1,018
    edited July 2011
    who would wanna side with Cyclops lol
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    It just started. Go download some scans online if you don't wanna go at the comic store. And Wolverine & Cyke ain't really been beefing in the current years, not like in the beginning. You could also check Wiki for the "short" version of the recent storylines. I never was a comic book person and Uncanny is at issue #540...I'll be damned if I read 540 issues just to catch up, ? that lol

Not really a spoiler, but their isn't gonna be any victors I think; It will just be divided into two different X-Men teams, one following Cyclops and the other Wolverine.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    ToWn_? wrote: »
    who would wanna side with Cyclops lol

LOL he's gotta be one of the most unliked hero's .
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Just got back from getting the First Edition , Art work is pretty good, Looks like the X-Men have a long road ahead of them after reading issue #1

Kid Omega comes in and makes a splash on things (Nh)

i liked it , 1-10 i would give it a 7 or 7.5 .....issue 1 i wasnt expecting lots of action anyways , so overall issue 1 was qualit, i would def. say go get it , looks like it's gonna be abig series.
  • DrMindbender122
    edited September 2011
    Just peeped a preview to Schism #5 and from what I'm seeing, Cyclops and Wolverine are wilding the ? out. They are brawling like I never would've imagined. Doesn't look as if Wolverine is sincerely trying to ? Scott; he's just trying to ? him up. Now Cyclops, on the other hand, seems to be going all out. ? burnt off half of Wolverine's face down to the admantium lining.

Cyclops got Wolverine over there looking like Arnold in Terminator 1 and 2.

? looks pretty good. Check it out on www.comicvine.com for the preview teaser.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    burnt his face? u mean with his optic blast? i thought it was established that optic blast isnt like superman heat vision. its only force, not extreme temperature. smh someone doesnt know their history lol
  • DrMindbender122
    edited September 2011
    burnt his face? u mean with his optic blast? i thought it was established that optic blast isnt like superman heat vision. its only force, not extreme temperature. smh someone doesnt know their history lol

He has Wolverine down to his skull pretty much. Imma see if I can up some of the preview scans a lil later on.

As far as his optic blasts being heat or whatever, Cyke's full power optic blast peeled off some of the Hulk's skin before Hulk managed to cover Cyke's face up with his hand in "War World Hulk" when he came looking to rough Xavier up.

I always thought Cyke's blasts were force beams, too. Guess it depends on the writer's interpretation on whether the blast is used as concussive force or whatever.

Either way, the issue looks pretty good. They've pretty much already announced the new gold and blue team X-Men rosters already, anyway. Kinda interesting to see who sided with Cyclops and Wolverine. Some obvious choices and some head scratchers.

Edit: OK. Here are some of the fight scenes from October's Schism #5 issue:

1998566-xmenschism_5_preview1_super.jpeg

1998567-xmenschism_5_preview2_super.jpeg

1998569-xmenschism_5_preview3_super.jpeg

1998570-xmenschism_5_preview4_super.jpeg

Of course, they don't show the ending or victor. And somebody must've stepped in to stop that fight, as u can see an energy shot hitting that Sentinel's hand right before it smashed Cyclops and Wolverine in that second to last frame.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    ? look ill.Yo X-MEN IS GOING TO NEW HEIGHTS.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    The gist of it is, Wolverine feels that Cyclops is exploiting the mutant teens of the X men and conscripting them as soldiers....despite the fact that they are children and not emotionally prepared or trained enough to be soldiers.

Cyke (who keep in mind has been fighting since he was 15) feels that since the world is out to literally ? them, trying to shield them from it and hoping for the best is naive (and frankly given that ? like the Sentinels exist, he's not wrong either). Plus Cyke fought as a kid and guess what? Is still alive and for the most part, mentally healthy. You can't tell him they're not ready/they shouldn't fight/they won't win since he knows first hand its possible to do it. Or sometimes you have to do it.

? comes to a head when a Idie, a young African Mutant with control over temperature is given the OK by Cyclops to "do whatever it takes" to survive an incident where the hellfire club grunts were going to blow up a museum with herself, namor/emma frost/colossus/Magneto (who were incapacitated by the hellfire club), and a few hundred humans in it.

With her hand forced, Idie killed all of the grunts.

So yeah both sides actually have very agreeable stances. Done much better than Civil war I must say.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    The gist of it is, Wolverine feels that Cyclops is exploiting the mutant teens of the X men and conscripting them as soldiers....despite the fact that they are children and not emotionally prepared or trained enough to be soldiers.

Cyke (who keep in mind has been fighting since he was 15) feels that since the world is out to literally ? them, trying to shield them from it and hoping for the best is naive (and frankly given that ? like the Sentinels exist, he's not wrong either). Plus Cyke fought as a kid and guess what? Is still alive and for the most part, mentally healthy. You can't tell him they're not ready/they shouldn't fight/they won't win since he knows first hand its possible to do it. Or sometimes you have to do it.

? comes to a head when a Idie, a young African Mutant with control over temperature is given the OK by Cyclops to "do whatever it takes" to survive an incident where the hellfire club grunts were going to blow up a museum with herself, namor/emma frost/colossus/Magneto (who were incapacitated by the hellfire club), and a few hundred humans in it.

With her hand forced, Idie killed all of the grunts.

So yeah both sides actually have very agreeable stances. Done much better than Civil war I must say.

Sounds like Cyclops finally found a pair and decided to man the f*ck up. For too many years now, he's been a ? ass, glad to see he finally on his grown man ? .

That being said, if Wolverine realistically decides to get serious, he will still Anthony Hopkins that ? .
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    LOL he's gotta be one of the most unliked hero's .

Scott is your favorite mutant BOSS......#realtalk also his beams r controlled to do damage or force