The Miseducation vs. My Life - Battle of the R&B Classics.

Pun1sher
Pun1sher Members Posts: 424
edited October 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
Both albums are considered classics..

Which album do you prefer?

I'll give my thoughts later.

Comments

• Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited October 2011
    Nostalgia /Ultra is the best RnB cd in this genereation so lets talk about that homeboy!
  • Pun1sher
    edited October 2011
    Nostalgia /Ultra is the best RnB cd in this genereation so lets talk about that homeboy!

I prefer to talk about Lauryn's album vs. Mary's album...
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    lol @ this Lauryn Hill stan
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    i don't consider The Miseducation to be an RnB album...so a comparison is hard to make
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited October 2011
    damnkp wrote: »
    i don't consider The Miseducation to be an RnB album...so a comparison is hard to make

what he said
  • Pun1sher
    edited October 2011
    damnkp wrote: »

What kind of album is it then, if 90% of it is singing? ROFLL @ you overtly technical ? , not making any sense at all.

Lauryn Hill lauce.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    using an analogy!!

My Life is to albums what DR J was to Basketball. A legend who won a Ring and one of the top 50 to ever do it but Miseducation is to albums what JORDAN is to basketball won more rings and even bigger legend and might be the best to ever do it!!

Miseducation is definitely in my Top 10 with Songs In The Key Of Life #1. (thats my list of course)

Lauryn's brilliance in this album is that she sings better than 95% of all singers of her generation and raps better than 95% of all rappers. its got echoes of Nina Simones Jazzy Soul, Bob Marley raggae, Donny Hataway Classical soul, Aretha Franklins heart felt passion with Nas Illmatic inspired rap delivery into one new big Hybird that no one has top since!
  • Pun1sher
    edited October 2011
    using an analogy!!

My Life is to albums what DR J was to Basketball. A legend who won a Ring and one of the top 50 to ever do it but Miseducation is to albums what JORDAN is to basketball won more rings and even bigger legend and might be the best to ever do it!!

Miseducation is definitely in my Top 10 with Songs In The Key Of Life #1. (thats my list of course)

Lauryn's brilliance in this album is that she sings better than 95% of all singers of her generation and raps better than 95% of all rappers. its got echoes of Nina Simones Jazzy Soul, Bob Marley raggae, Donny Hataway Classical soul, Aretha Franklins heart felt passion with Nas Illmatic inspired rap delivery into one new big Hybird that no one has top since!

I dunno. I've heard people refer to "My Life" as the r&b bible...

Lauryn admittedly got influence from Mary's album, and that's probably why she took a similar approach when crafting The Miseducation...another very personal LP.

Mary's album was trendsetting, and started a movement. The Miseducation was merely a product of that movement.

My Life >>>>>>>>>>>.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Pun1sher wrote: »
    I dunno. I've heard people refer to "My Life" as the r&b bible...

Lauryn admittedly got influence from Mary's album, and that's probably why she took a similar approach when crafting The Miseducation...another very personal LP.

Mary's album was trendsetting, and started a movement. The Miseducation was merely a product of that movement.

My Life >>>>>>>>>>>.

bruh your gimmick is played, ? .
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Pun1sher wrote: »

My Life >>>>>>>>>>>.

at the end of the day all music comparisons are subjective but i just dont see it here.

Was Lauryn influenced by Mary OF COURSE.. Mary appears on Miseducation Track #11 in I used to love him in a debut with Lauryn....
    Lauryn invited everyone she respected or was influenced by on to this ground breaking 5 mic classic. Dangelo, Santana, etc.

Mary's biggest influences vocally are Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan and the underrated Donny Hathaway! and Lauryn has a lot of influence from those two as well.. Lauryn on miseducation also starts spitting bars like an Illmatic NAS and also weaves in Caribbean sounds and Jamacian Dancehall into and still makes it all work! MY LIFE doesnt go this far. My Life is an incredible Record one of the best of its Genre period. but Miseducation you have to put in a classification right beside stuff like Prince - Purple Rain which is just another level of the atmosphere!
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    My Life...no contest
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Miseducation and it's not even remotely close.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Tha Killer wrote: »
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    MisEducation is my ? ..... one of music's greatest albums
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Tha Killer wrote: »

tabernacle........
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    damn...good ? rite here......i'm going with My Life
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited October 2011
    Ibex wrote: »
    My Life...no contest

^^^ This.......