Brock is back in the WWE...

2»

Comments

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    This is from Wiki......
    The game's engine was originally designed for use in a sequel to EA's WCW Mayhem, but EA lost the WCW license when the wrestling company was purchased by the World Wrestling Federation in 2001.

The game features a largely unmodified AKI engine, used in other AKI wrestling games Virtual Pro-Wrestling, Virtual Pro Wrestling 64, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, WCW vs. The World, WCW vs. nWo: World Tour, WCW/nWo Revenge, WWF WrestleMania 2000, and WWF No Mercy with some minor "button mashing" elements added and more of an arcade than a simulation. The game plays very similarly to WWF No Mercy....

The response to the game was mainly positive, with fans citing the basic game play and presentation as superb, but many lamented the loss of key AKI features such as "gimmick matches" like the ladder match and the cage match, plus the lack of any true create-a-wrestler mode.

So apparently, EA copied the game engine from the AKI engine for the sequel to that ? awful WCW Mayhem game. I had that game on PS1 and all I could do flawlessly in that game was hit someone with a chair. That game had a totally different engine, so it has to be that they saw how easy the AKI engine was to use and copied it. There is no news on EA purchasing the rights to the AKI engine. Why would AKI sell it when they can continue to make successful games from it?
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Never was a huge Brock fan, but this just makes the anticipation higher
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Hope they dont bring him back to beat taker anything else im for it
  • BossIntellect
    BossIntellect Members Posts: 382
    edited October 2011
    Remember that one cousin you had that had everything and really didn't have ? ? I didn't have a N64 till 06 and i bought it... I stayed playin' 64 and that was my game! never beat survival mode...
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    EA deserve to get they ass kicked for releasing WCW Mayhem and Backstage Assault
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    lol @ "? chestner"
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    remember that one cousin you had that had everything and really didn't have ? ? i didn't have a n64 till 06 and i bought it... I stayed playin' 64 and that was my game! Never beat survival mode...

lol got damn son