Kool Moe Dee on Jay-Z vs Nas emcee battle

Options
124»

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It must be one of the JIGGA WARRIORS that moved the thread, this is not only talking about the battle but the art of emceeing
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    their company wasnt named after the real rockefeller,the guy they named their company after did die of aids...fact.
    as far as getting chased through the building,you have no clue if it happened or not so you cant call it fact.
    so jay z can say he lost,bleek can admit it and jay can damn near cry on the radio afterwards yet jay still won on the ic?
    lol "the internet aint real"

• monolithicpaw
    monolithicpaw Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    By the way you is killing these ? on Moe Dee, emceeing and the culture of hip-hop. I like to see what your top 10 looks like, here's mine.

1) 2pac Shakur
    2) Nas
    3) Rakim
    4) Grand Master Melle
    5) Big Daddy Kane
    6) Kool Moe Dee
    7) ICE-CUBE
    8) KRS-1
    9) THE DOC
    10) Grandmaster CAZ/Biggie Smalls

He has done nothing but recite facts that can be copy and pasted from wikipedia. And calling Moe Dee a relic at the height of his success constitutes killing of self. Don't know about you guys. but I came from a school where we didn't call pioneers relics. as far as whose greatest. It's all opinion and just because Caz aint mine dont mean you're any greater a participant than I am. Props for having D.O.C. on your list. IMO He is the greatest unkown and tragedy in Hip Hop. If anyone deserved to have a voice from that era it was him.
  • monolithicpaw
    monolithicpaw Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    LL is an all time great but he's not in my top 10, the ? lost to many BIG BATTLES, those L's to Moe Dee and Canibus dropped him to 11-15, I mean he's a legend and have classic albums but i go with the whole essence of emceeing.

You do know that LL used to be shook of Moe Dee and never wanted to battle him on stage and used to bounce out when Moe Dee was in the house

LL used to go to Moe Dee's shows and stand in the front row. Heard that out of Moe Dee's mouth myself.