Who or what is the US & OUR in Genesis?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
26And ? said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..

In Genesis it only begins with ? up until the creation of mankind, who or what is the US & OUR?

Comments

• Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The Son and the The Holy Spirit (The Trinity)...this is letting us know that Jesus was with ? in the beginning...
  • Knock_Twice
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think ? knows to only mention him when or if he was only doing something...so again this is letting us know that "Us" and "our" means that others were involved at that moment.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    So the Holy Spirit has a form?

? , obviously would have to too. Jesus couldn't exist because it hadn't happened yet. Jesus wasn't up there separately seeing that (supposedly) Jesus IS ? . So it'd be more so 2 beings, so with that said, what form does the Holy Spirit take? What is it?
  • Knock_Twice
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The holy spirit is the spirit of ? ...the spirit that dwells inside each indivdual that walks on the face of the earth...the breath of air that ? breath into Adam is the holy spirit...that inside voice or force that guides you or tells you to do the right thing...that's the holy spirit and ? at that time hadn't put that inside human yet thus it was with him at the time the trinity was forming Adam..

put like this young'n...when you die or anybody dies...the body itself goes back to the earth (dust) from where it came from...the spirit that's insides us (The breath of Life) goes back to ? and your soul either goes to Heaven or Hell to dwell there forever read Genisis 2: 5-10 and you'll understand this part

Jesus existed as has always been sitting at the right hand of ? since the beginning...? came to Earth as a human (Jesus) being yet becuz we hadn't sinned yet or hadn't fallen into chaos yet..thus the reason why you prolly stating that he wasn't there yet...but Jesus has ALWAYS been there...if he wasn't in Hekiahzel...I think that's the book...Jesus himself stated that he saw Satan fall outta Heaven liike a bolt of lightening..now this was years..prolly millions of years before Man was even created...so how could Jesus say such a thing if he wasn't there in the beginning

again it's 1 SPIRIT (? ) I am the alapha and omega...but you worship or see that 1 SPIRIT (? ) as different ppl....
    ? is the creater- the ruler...of all things.. he was there
    Jesus is look at as the son- the saviour (still ? ) but this is where I veiw ? as my saviour...him coming down and dying for our sins
    The Holy Spirit. - the one who walks with us in our daily lives..the voice or the force that trys to guide us to do the right thing...when folks say that a voice told them not to do such and such thing..or they are going against their will if they do something...it's the Holy Spirit that our body and mind is fighting...or battling with...some may call in a concousis..(sorry bout the spelling) but it's really the Holy Spirit thats trying to keep us all on the right path...

Again when ? breath into the nostril of Adam and man became a living (soul) the body stated soul in Genisis not human body..that wasn't any old air it was the Holy Spirit of ? (The breath of Life) that he installed inside us...
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The holy spirit is not in everyone, believe that buddy. Even your bible would say the same. The "holy spirit" is essentially the "guide", which supposedly leads you to the "truth, gods word, the light" etc.

So again, what IS the holy spirit? Is it a PERSON?
  • Knock_Twice
    edited October 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    The holy spirit is not in everyone, believe that buddy. Even your bible would say the same. The "holy spirit" is essentially the "guide", which supposedly leads you to the "truth, gods word, the light" etc.

So again, what IS the holy spirit? Is it a PERSON?

The holy spirit is in Everyone...believe that cuz...just becuz a person is evil and don't believe in ? doesn't mean that the holy spirit isn't in them...it has just been shutted out of their lives...best believe those folks who don't believe in ? had a internal battle or had something to tell them otherwise..but they refuse to listen or just completely shut the holy spirit of ? out...it's in everyone cuz...

no the holy "spirit" isn't a person...did you read anything in my post where I stated that it's the "breath of ? " the breath of life.....a part of ? ....

DNA of ? ...it's not a person..? isn't a person

you don't have to have a "person" lead you to anything...if that's what you're getting at...the spirit of ? is the one that will guide you..again it's not a person...I'm not understanding how hard that is to grasp...unless you just trying to find ways to not accept what I'm telling you..cuz pretty much I just answered your question in the last post I posted Lol...I don't think you didn't like that head on answer and you trying to pick it apart which i doubt that you can.. lol...just accept what I stated cuz...and find something else in the Bible we can discuss. you lost this round cuz LOL
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    big head wrote: »
    The Son and the The Holy Spirit (The Trinity)...this is letting us know that Jesus was with ? in the beginning...
    Thats not what it says in English and definitely not in Hebrew. Lets not make stuff up to fit our beliefs lest we be lying on the Most High.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the holy spirit is in everyone...believe that cuz...just becuz a person is evil and don't believe in ? doesn't mean that the holy spirit isn't in them...it has just been shutted out of their lives...best believe those folks who don't believe in ? had a internal battle or had something to tell them otherwise..but they refuse to listen or just completely shut the holy spirit of ? out...it's in everyone cuz...

No the holy "spirit" isn't a person...did you read anything in my post where i stated that it's the "breath of ? " the breath of life.....a part of ? ....

Dna of ? ...it's not a person..? isn't a person

you don't have to have a "person" lead you to anything...if that's what you're getting at...the spirit of ? is the one that will guide you..again it's not a person...i'm not understanding how hard that is to grasp...unless you just trying to find ways to not accept what i'm telling you..cuz pretty much i just answered your question in the last post i posted lol...i don't think you didn't like that head on answer and you trying to pick it apart which i doubt that you can.. Lol...just accept what i stated cuz...and find something else in the bible we can discuss. You lost this round cuz lol

ummmm no sir.. The holy spirit is not in everyone...

The bible even tells you that ? can not dwell in an unclean place....

So there is no way that the holy spirit can reside in a sinful person that has not accepted christ
  • DRO
    edited October 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    thats not what it says in english and definitely not in hebrew. Lets not make stuff up to fit our beliefs lest we be lying on the most high.

john 1 and 1..

In the begining was the word and the word was with ? and the word was ? . He was with ? in the begining.

Who is this "he"?.. He is jesus.
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    john 1 and 1..

In the begining was the word and the word was with ? and the word was ? . He was with ? in the begining.

Who is this "he"?.. He is jesus.
    in koine greek, that word is not word. the logos is a greek concept of deity of sorts. yeshua was a hebrew. the concept is incompatible with the so-called o.t. in the fact that it begins with "in a beginning" with YHWH's spirit moving over the face of the waters. No mention of word or logos.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ummmm no sir.. The holy spirit is not in everyone...

The bible even tells you that ? can not dwell in an unclean place....

So there is no way that the holy spirit can reside in a sinful person that has not accepted christ

I disagree...becuz if that's the case the holy spirit is not in "noone" becuz everyone is sinful the bible states in Isaiah 64:6 I wanna say ? stated that we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

So again...the holy spirit "the breath of life" which gives us life lies in everyone... "? " cannot dwell in a unclean place....the holy spirit is not ? himself..it's a "part" of ? ...
    a sinful person is a sinful person...if he has accepted Christ or not...just becuz I've accepted Christ doesn't mean I"m still not unclean...I still sin and by your logic and the holy spirit is irrelvant if it can't dwell in anybody...everybody is unclean in ? eyes...again it's stated in Ishaiah 64

If I breath on your body or instill my breath on somebody...that's not "me" that's a part of me to help you...now If "I" live inside you then that's me..but if it's just a part of me that I'm giving you...i.e. my breath...or a leg or an arm of mines to use to help you get through life...that is not "me"
  • Knock_Twice
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Thats not what it says in English and definitely not in Hebrew. Lets not make stuff up to fit our beliefs lest we be lying on the Most High.

So again...who is "Us" referring to then...? wouldn't use the word "us" if it wasn't only HIM involved right???? I"m pretty sure ? knows what he means and meant when he stated the word "us" and "our"...

So you're saying to me..that Jesus wasn't there in the beginning??
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^

Big Head, you said that the US/OUR is the Trinity, ? /Jesus/Holy Spirit then you just said the Holy Spirit is NOT ? .

? creates mankind, it says, "in OUR image, in OUR likeness..." whose image is this? Whose "likeness" is this?

It cannot be this, "Jesus", as Jesus doesn't exist, if Jesus is ? then at this point in time he's only 1, not two separate beings. It's not until later that supposedly ? becomes human to become Jesus. Jesus isn't a separate spirit, seeing as you guys believe it's ? . All you have left is the "Holy Spirit", which is WHAT? If ? has form to himself, if it is a being, what is the Holy Spirit? (not what it does, what does it look like? is it explained or hinted to have "our likeness"?)

It could very well be that the US/OUR aren't any type of "? " but more so alien, intelligent E.T's.
  • DRO
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I disagree...becuz if that's the case the holy spirit is not in "noone" becuz everyone is sinful the bible states in Isaiah 64:6 I wanna say ? stated that we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

So again...the holy spirit "the breath of life" which gives us life lies in everyone... "? " cannot dwell in a unclean place....the holy spirit is not ? himself..it's a "part" of ? ...
    a sinful person is a sinful person...if he has accepted Christ or not...just becuz I've accepted Christ doesn't mean I"m still not unclean...I still sin and by your logic and the holy spirit is irrelvant if it can't dwell in anybody...everybody is unclean in ? eyes...again it's stated in Ishaiah 64

If I breath on your body or instill my breath on somebody...that's not "me" that's a part of me to help you...now If "I" live inside you then that's me..but if it's just a part of me that I'm giving you...i.e. my breath...or a leg or an arm of mines to use to help you get through life...that is not "me"

bruh, WE ARE ALLLLLLLLL GODS CHILDREN.. GOOD, BAD, BLACK, WHITE... AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE HIS CHILDREN.

1. YES, WE ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF ?
    2. WHEN YOU ARE A BELIEVER AND GET BAPISTED. YOU RECIEVE ? AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ? SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR OUR SINS
    3. YOU STATED "the holy spirit is not ? himself..it's a "part" of ? "..THE HOLY SPIRIT IS INFACT THE SPIRIT OF ? .

CHECK THIS OUT

John 16:7-11

But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

SO ONE OF THE SPIRIT'S ROLES IN THE "SPIRITUAL" LIFE OF THE UNBELIEVER: TO CONVICT HIM/HER OF SIN. MEANING THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT DOES NOT ALREADY RESIDE IN US.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^

Big Head, you said that the US/OUR is the Trinity, ? /Jesus/Holy Spirit then you just said the Holy Spirit is NOT ? .

? creates mankind, it says, "in OUR image, in OUR likeness..." whose image is this? Whose "likeness" is this?

It cannot be this, "Jesus", as Jesus doesn't exist, if Jesus is ? then at this point in time he's only 1, not two separate beings. It's not until later that supposedly ? becomes human to become Jesus. Jesus isn't a separate spirit, seeing as you guys believe it's ? . All you have left is the "Holy Spirit", which is WHAT? If ? has form to himself, if it is a being, what is the Holy Spirit? (not what it does, what does it look like? is it explained or hinted to have "our likeness"?)

It could very well be that the US/OUR aren't any type of "? " but more so alien, intelligent E.T's.

? made man-kind in our likeness and image....

? and Jesus are the same.... I said that they are (Spirtually) ...(This is my faith..I don't have any text to back-up what i'm typing now but this is what I believe..follow me) ? is 1 the creator and the Son..Jesus as our saviour and the Holy Spirit as our guider and comforter....so when he stated this he's forming "mankind" ? is very wise and he forth-saw what was coming and how mankind would fall and how mankind would have to view ? as...as I stated the Father- the creator - Son- Jesus- the saviour - The Holy Spirit - the comforter... so with that said....if you talk to folks..some who believe in ? some using the the trinity....some don't..some just believe only in ? ...but again...I don't think ? wouldn't use the word "our" and "us" if he was only talking about HIMSELF...? Make not mistakes...so again this what's lead me to believe and know...that he was talking about Him...The Son....and The Holy Spirit....(more than one) and they are all like him...if ? is 1

it's a 2 forth thing...

In this thread if you read back there's a verse that states..."in the beginning was the word..and the word was with ? ....
    The word is Jesus..so again that "our"
  • Knock_Twice
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bruh, WE ARE ALLLLLLLLL GODS CHILDREN.. GOOD, BAD, BLACK, WHITE... AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE HIS CHILDREN.

1. YES, WE ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF ?
    2. WHEN YOU ARE A BELIEVER AND GET BAPISTED. YOU RECIEVE ? AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ? SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR OUR SINS
    3. YOU STATED "the holy spirit is not ? himself..it's a "part" of ? "..THE HOLY SPIRIT IS INFACT THE SPIRIT OF ? .

CHECK THIS OUT

John 16:7-11

But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

SO ONE OF THE SPIRIT'S ROLES IN THE "SPIRITUAL" LIFE OF THE UNBELIEVER: TO CONVICT HIM/HER OF SIN. MEANING THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT DOES NOT ALREADY RESIDE IN US.

ok that make sense...I got-cha
  • Knock_Twice
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^

you ever seen batman or superman

who is the savior to Gotham City....batman right...not Bruce Wayne...who is saving ppl from the Joker...Bruce Wayne...but people see him as Batman though...but they are still "one" being...u follow me...

just like Superman...who they call on Superman or Peter Parker...?? u see the picture I"m trying to paint to you
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

1. We are told ? is a spirit.
    2. A spirit isn't tangible.
    3. We are told we are created in ? 's image.
    4. IE. we are all spiritual beings.
    5. If the Spirit was something tangible then it makes sense to ask what it 'looks like'. But that's just the thing, the spirit (? 's) has no image comparable to any physical thing.
    6. The closest thing we can relate to spirit is wind which is also one of the meaning of the original hebrew and greek words for 'spirit' (naphesh, pneuma [Judah might have to correct me here])
    So how you gonna sit up here and ask someone what 'wind' look like?
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Superman = Clark Kent, Spider-Man = Peter Parker.

I see what you're trying to say but no.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Superman = Clark Kent, Spider-Man = Peter Parker.

I see what you're trying to say but no.

lol..yea my bad....
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    1. We are told ? is a spirit.
    2. A spirit isn't tangible.
    3. We are told we are created in ? 's image.
    4. IE. we are all spiritual beings.
    5. If the Spirit was something tangible then it makes sense to ask what it 'looks like'. But that's just the thing, the spirit (? 's) has no image comparable to any physical thing.
    6. The closest thing we can relate to spirit is wind which is also one of the meaning of the original hebrew and greek words for 'spirit' (naphesh, pneuma [Judah might have to correct me here])
    So how you gonna sit up here and ask someone what 'wind' look like?

It states that they were going to create man, "in OUR IMAGE, and OUR LIKENESS"..

Both image and likeness are different. Image is the physical aspect of something, whereas the likeness could mean physical, mental or 'spiritual'. So why does it say, 'image AND likeness'. You're probably right thought about a spirit not having really a form or physical appearance to it, which is why we couldn't be "molded after our creator". This brings up the whole theory that we were created, or rather, altered to be modern human-mankind by alien beings.
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No. no. the Us is the Elohim, more specifically YHWH Elohim or the most powerful elemental forces. Nothing to do with Jesus. If anything you would identify Yeshua with adam. son of Man. Who was the original person who got killed for doing right?
  • DRO
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No. no. the Us is the Elohim, more specifically YHWH Elohim or the most powerful elemental forces. Nothing to do with Jesus. If anything you would identify Yeshua with adam. son of Man. Who was the original person who got killed for doing right?

whoa...

WHAT "RIGHT" DID ADAM DO TO CAUSE HIMSELF DEATH?
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It states that they were going to create man, "in OUR IMAGE, and OUR LIKENESS"..

Both image and likeness are different. Image is the physical aspect of something, whereas the likeness could mean physical, mental or 'spiritual'. So why does it say, 'image AND likeness'. You're probably right thought about a spirit not having really a form or physical appearance to it, which is why we couldn't be "molded after our creator". This brings up the whole theory that we were created, or rather, altered to be modern human-mankind by alien beings.
    correction ' ruach ' is the hebrew word for spirit. naphesh is for 'soul' fyi

Anyways part of us being created in ? image implies we are created pure and good. It is the image wee see hopefully when we look in the mirror. Another part of it implies we have the ability to choose between good and bad.

Where in the Bible is anything mentioned pertaining to alien beings?
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    correction ' ruach ' is the hebrew word for spirit. naphesh is for 'soul' fyi

Anyways part of us being created in ? image implies we are created pure and good. It is the image wee see hopefully when we look in the mirror. Another part of it implies we have the ability to choose between good and bad.

Where in the Bible is anything mentioned pertaining to alien beings?

Replace ? /angels and devil/demons with aliens and there you have it, aliens.