Terius Nash (The Dream) - 1977 (Free Album)

Options
malc
malc Banned Users Posts: 111
edited October 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
teriusnash1977.jpg

http://fashionably-early.com/2011/08/31/terius-nash-the-dream-1977-free-album/

Heard he takes shots at The Weeknd in this. Checking out for sure regardless.

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Good lookin, Yo word up!!!! Im a Dream fan ? the haters, Love Hate and Love vs Money is classics to me. I havent cop Love King because i havent copped ? lately im giving all my old albums burn but i heard that his Divorce and Record Label fuckery with Def Jam effected his music on Love King, but i will cop it though. Listening to this ? right now and i have to say if you fan of his first two albums, The Dream is back on his ? . Late nights autumn nights ? with the lady ? music right'chea.

Im coppin that The Love IV: Diary of a Madman when it drops.

When i need that Raw R&B and that ? ? I give The Dream, R. Kelly (when he's on that ignorant ? ala Real Talk) , Dave Hoilister, Rick James, Bobby Womack, The Weeknd and Frank Ocean.
  • tamahawk
    tamahawk Members Posts: 19
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Whattup TDJ!

It's pretty good so far, I'm through my first listen. Kinda somber for The-Dream...but since he's going by his government on this one, maybe it's supposed to be more of the real him??? Prolly thinking too much into it.

Either way, I think I'm liking this better than Love King. Love King wasn't the worst, but I felt like he took a step back from Love Vs. Money. 1977 seems like it's showing growth from him, without straying too far from what people like him for. I really like "Used to be", "Ghetto" and "Form of flattery" so far
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yeah that form of flattery is a diss......
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this mixtape goes hard, Love King was good too tho..
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One thing I hate about the Dream is I don't like him but some of his songs always end up on my ipod. This mixtape/ album is good. No matter how corny he is, he can make a decent song.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Love vs. Money was nice to me, but i wasnt feeling singles from Love King so i didnt listen. i have it downloaded though. i heard 1 or 2 from 1977 and it sounds good, i still gotta download it though.

just got done listening to Passion, Pain & Pleasure, and while there is like 2 or 3 good songs, im disappointed in Trey. Ready was great.
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yeah that form of flattery is a diss......

why would dream take shots at The Weeknd... that dudes just makes music, keep to him self, and keeps it moving... idk man if he is that is purely hate
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Was just listening to it earlier today, liked what I heard. Now need to get myself Love King.
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This ? classic imo this ? can write a song if he cant do anything else lol..

Im not sure if he dissing The Weeknd or not either way the song still ? ..
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it's a good mixtape definitely, better than his love king album imo. i ? heavily with his first 2 albums but then after that love king bs i wasn't feeling dudes music anymore and i think a lot of people can co-sign this, if you look at the numbers it did.

but after this tape i think it's safe to say he's back ...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    it's a good mixtape definitely, better than his love king album imo. i ? heavily with his first 2 albums but then after that love king bs i wasn't feeling dudes music anymore and i think a lot of people can co-sign this, if you look at the numbers it did.

but after this tape i think it's safe to say he's back ...

Love King was dope to me #shrugs
  • -Vincenzo-
    edited September 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Love King was dope to me #shrugs

i think the first 2 were a lot better, i didn't like the singles off love king at all
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Had to re-up this...slept on thread and "FREE" album. Do yourself a favor and download this ? right now. "Wake Me When It's Over", "Used To Be" & "Wedding Crasher" stay on repeat. Sounds like Kellz a lil, but the ? still cold. I'll be playing this ? on my radio show tomorrow
  • -Vincenzo-
    edited October 2011
    Options
    f.e.d.s. wrote: »
    Had to re-up this...slept on thread and "FREE" album. Do yourself a favor and download this ? right now. "Wake Me When It's Over", "Used To Be" & "Wedding Crasher" stay on repeat. Sounds like Kellz a lil, but the ? still cold. I'll be playing this ? on my radio show tomorrow

co-sign
    "wake me when it's over", "used to be" & "form of flattery" are straight piff
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It was decent

A couple if tracks are meh because frankly his singing voice is blah

He should save the ballots for the pros
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    house of balloons>>>>
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    R&B singers that can't sing should never be promoted
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    He admits that he's not the best/a singer, so I don't expect great vocals when I listen to him.

At any rate, the songs I love: Ghetto, Wedding Crasher, Florida University, Long Gone, Wish You Were Mine, and Used To Be.

lol, that's like half the album...I also like that Silly song a lil bit.
  • blackrain
    edited October 2011
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    He admits that he's not the best/a singer, so I don't expect great vocals when I listen to him.

At any rate, the songs I love: Ghetto, Wedding Crasher, Florida University, Long Gone, Wish You Were Mine, and Used To Be.

lol, that's like half the album...I also like that Silly song a lil bit.

then why listen to a singer you know isn't that good at singing? that's like watching a ? who shoot play basketball
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    then why listen to a singer you know isn't that good at singing? that's like watching a ? who shoot play basketball

Because for me, the content/lyrics, beat, production, etc. make up for it. Besides, it's not like he's unbearable to listen to...he's just no Ne-Yo or whomever else has a better singing voice.
  • blackrain
    edited October 2011
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    Because for me, the content/lyrics, beat, production, etc. make up for it. Besides, it's not like he's unbearable to listen to...he's just no Ne-Yo or whomever else has a better singing voice.

ehh i guess his other selling point is another problem i have with him...his content and lyrics are just to me from what i've heard...not to say there aren't ANY songs by The Dream I like, but the majority I've heard on my own and from fans of his that I know have been the most basic "Girl I see you in the club let me buy you something expensive blah blah blah" bland ?