Should i workout every night?

stupot0607
stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Weight Room
im like a begginer at working out buti got myself a workout routine ive been on for a couple of months now. (most nights) there has been some nights where i been just working my arms.

Anyways. im not too sure i should be doing it every day? it might be straining my body? ill post my routine -

20 arm curls - (3.75kgs)
60 Sit ups -
20 press ups -
40 leg raises -
20 press ups -
30 leg raises -
30 sit ups -
20 press ups -
40 leg raises -
30 leg raises -
30 Twist Sit ups -
20 Press ups -
20 Shoulder weights - (1.5 kgs)
20 press ups -

I dont know if i should be doing this every night, although im not aching i can always feel a burn from the day before, its just i find if i miss it out for a day, my Next workout is smoother, easier & more enjoyable.

Do you workout every day?? or like 4/7 days of the week? 5/7 days a week?

i dunno if it would be better if i did it once every two days, so my body can catch up? is it healthy to do everynight?

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    If you have genetics like Arnold then you can lift 6 days a week as he did. But you need to rest, sleep and eat to grow, I used to lift 5 days a week and hit a limit on my growth and strength. I was told by some serious weight lifters/bodybuilders to lift 4 days a week and i have to say i grew and got stronger.

Remember train hard but you grow outside of the gym. LIFT HARD, EAT LIKE A HORSE, SLEEP LIKE THE DEAD = GROWTH
  • stupot0607
    edited October 2011
    any tips on how to get a 6 pack aswell? i been doing sit ups but that only seems to work my abs, i need to tone my lower stomach. but i just cant for some reason........
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    If you work out every day you need to focus on different muscle groups. Go hard on the muscles when you work them and make yourself uncomfortable (with good form of course) to the point of muscle failure. Then let those muscles you worked rest for at least the next day.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    any tips on how to get a 6 pack aswell? i been doing sit ups but that only seems to work my abs, i need to tone my lower stomach. but i just cant for some reason........
    Run to trim fat

Don't eat fatty foods and don't overload on sugar, or if you do...run more

Download ab ripper x and do that to strengthen your core.

Search the web for different ways to work your abs. There are hundreds of exercises and you need to change things often to challenge the muscle.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    stupot0607 wrote: »

Ok let me destroy the myth of doing thousands odf crunches and sit ups. Dont get me wrong, it's good and great. But all that do is building your abs, adding muscle.

The first thing you got to do to see your ab's is to do ALOT OF CARDIO and dieting, watch your carbs and drink lots of water . YOU HAVE TO DROP FAT, and BODY FAT. So do lot's of running, HITT, CIRCUIT TRAINING, Boxing, jump rope with ab workout and again diet hard but smart.

To save some money if you need a fat burner take caffeine, green tea extract pills on a empty stomach before you do cardio and 2 other times through out the day 30 mins before you eat and add some CLA is helps with the fat loss and target the stomach fat with some FISH OIL. take those 3 times a day with your meal.
  • stupot0607
    edited October 2011
    Run to trim fat

Don't eat fatty foods and don't overload on sugar, or if you do...run more

Download ab ripper x and do that to strengthen your core.

Search the web for different ways to work your abs. There are hundreds of exercises and you need to change things often to challenge the muscle.

Yeah i found a good video on google.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1464945638519938565
    waterproof wrote: »
    Ok let me destroy the myth of doing thousands odf crunches and sit ups. Dont get me wrong, it's good and great. But all that do is building your abs, adding muscle.

The first thing you got to do to see your ab's is to do ALOT OF CARDIO and dieting, watch your carbs and drink lots of water . YOU HAVE TO DROP FAT, and BODY FAT. So do lot's of running, HITT, CIRCUIT TRAINING, Boxing, jump rope with ab workout and again diet hard but smart.

To save some money if you need a fat burner take caffeine, green tea extract pills on a empty stomach before you do cardio and 2 other times through out the day 30 mins before you eat and add some CLA is helps with the fat loss and target the stomach fat with some FISH OIL. take those 3 times a day with your meal.

Yeah well, my diet is Slimming world thing which has worked on me, so all meat on 1 day, all Pasta and rice on a different day.. i dunno how that would help a cardio workout?
    Im gonna hit the treadmil again.

Caffeine i should be fine, Im English and i nail at least 8 cups of tea a day (caffeine dependancy). might invest in the green tea though.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Nugga helll nooo..youre gonna get hurt or shrink muscles like that.You dont need more than 4x a week..different muscle groups..1 day off in between is the best way to go the muslce gets built by being torn down and rebuilt(resting).

If youre trynna bulk forget about cardio...

...it seems like you use what they call "? weights"...?Are you a woman?
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    u can but i wouldn't recommend it cause of strain but sit ups and push ups should be good
    adding extra weights=rest days, no question
    alternating muscle groups is doable in lieu of rest cause u don't go in the same muscles daily