Congratz to James Storm, Your new TNA World Champion!!!

DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited October 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
I mean no build up but ? it I always liked Storm >>> Roode anyhow...

(yes I've done a 180 from Sunday night)

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    *sigh* TNA is straight garbage
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited October 2011
    shenco wrote: »
    *sigh* TNA is straight garbage

porque? aka why?
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Y the ? would they give the title to Storm and not Roode? After all that build up, after Hogan ? on dude. James Storm?

Aw well, least they put it on someone homegrown
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    TNA booking is dumb, James Storm had not won a singles match in 2 months but gets a title shot
  • ToWn_DrUnK
    ToWn_DrUnK Members Posts: 1,018
    edited October 2011
    TNA booking is dumb, James Storm had not won a singles match in 2 months but gets a title shot
    and wins within 3 mins ? what a joke i thought wwe giving the miz the title was a joke but this is wow
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I appreciate that they put the belt on a homegrown talent, but that BFG series was basically null and void with Roode not winning the title.

Now, all I can say is, I have no idea what TNA is doing and what direction they're headed in, and maybe that's a good thing (as long as it makes sense along the way).

A comment was made on a news site that Kurt got hurt at the PPV and that was the reason why they took the belt off of him and since Hogan doesn't like Roode, he gave a big F U to the fans that follow the product and put it on Storm instead.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited October 2011
    ToWn_? wrote: »
    and wins within 3 mins ? what a joke i thought wwe giving the miz the title was a joke but this is wow

And by doing that they further buried Roode because he went 15 minutes and lost but his partner does it with just 1 move

TNA last night was basically a 2 hour promo with 7 minutes of wrestling
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    This is probably going to lead to a Roode heel turn
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Roode is gonna be jealous and this is the end of Beer Money. That's where they're going.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    beyond nail in the coffin for tag team wrestling. Casket just dropped. IDK, maybe tna got word that wwe was trying to bring beer money in to help with their tag team issues and decided to do some ? that would make beer money a little less credible in the future.

http://adamswrestling.blogspot.com/2011/08/triple-h-wants-beer-money.html

Triple H Wants Beer Money!
    As noted before, The Baltimore Sun wrestling writer Kevin Eck has been hired by WWE for the creative team. Eck will be the person that works with Triple H on talent grooming that we have wrote about recently. Word is that Eck will start with WWE the day after SummerSlam.
    Triple H is serious on introducing new talents through vignettes and promos. It's also being said that Triple H is interested in reviving the WWE Tag Team division. Word is that they are really starting to recruit tag teams and see if some names are under contract to other promotions.

There has been talk internally about The Briscoe Brothers but they are signed to Ring of Honor. There has also been a lot of talk about TNA's Beer Money and bringing them in once they are able to get away from TNA.

Regarding the Kings of Wrestling – Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli coming, the talk is that they will indeed be brought in together as a tag team and not singles wrestlers.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited October 2011
    beyond nail in the coffin for tag team wrestling. Casket just dropped. IDK, maybe tna got word that wwe was trying to bring beer money in to help with their tag team issues and decided to do some ? that would make beer money a little less credible in the future.

http://adamswrestling.blogspot.com/2011/08/triple-h-wants-beer-money.html

Triple H Wants Beer Money!
    As noted before, The Baltimore Sun wrestling writer Kevin Eck has been hired by WWE for the creative team. Eck will be the person that works with Triple H on talent grooming that we have wrote about recently. Word is that Eck will start with WWE the day after SummerSlam.
    Triple H is serious on introducing new talents through vignettes and promos. It's also being said that Triple H is interested in reviving the WWE Tag Team division. Word is that they are really starting to recruit tag teams and see if some names are under contract to other promotions.

There has been talk internally about The Briscoe Brothers but they are signed to Ring of Honor. There has also been a lot of talk about TNA's Beer Money and bringing them in once they are able to get away from TNA.

Regarding the Kings of Wrestling – Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli coming, the talk is that they will indeed be brought in together as a tag team and not singles wrestlers.

This the team i been waiting for to come to the WWE, as long as the E is serious about tag team wrestling dont bring them in and have them break up 6 months down the road
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I remember reading about HHH wanting tag teams and it sort of does make sense to put the belt on Storm to keep him longer. But it sort of sends a message to Roode that Hogan and Bischoff are will to let him go if the WWE does come calling his number.

Since Hogan likes the character Storm is, it does make sense to put a good word out on him, then put the belt on him as incentive to stick around.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I'm guessing Dixie Carter is back in power, so we might get a better product from Impact Wrestling.
    She gave Sting power so I hope Sting does not abuse it and puts himself over alot.
    And I think Robert Roode should have won instead of James Storm but, I am happy they finally put the belt on a homegrown talent instead of ex-WWE talent.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    When I first seen they were putting Roode in the TNA WHC match, I automatically knew they were trying to thwart the word/attempt by the WWE to obtain Beer Money. TNA wouldn't want to lose Beer Money, they have a pretty big following and they're originals. If they left, the fan base from there would too and maybe open those people back up to being fans again or new fans of the WWE.

What beef does Hogan have with Roode? I have a feeling that since Roode was scheduled to win, he might've said some ? that rubbed Hogan or the locker room the wrong way, so as a punishment he ? Roode over and gives it to Storm. This still further blocks the attempt of the WWE to get them.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited October 2011
    south4life wrote: »
    I'm guessing Dixie Carter is back in power, so we might get a better product from Impact Wrestling.
    She gave Sting power so I hope Sting does not abuse it and puts himself over alot.
    And I think Robert Roode should have won instead of James Storm but, I am happy they finally put the belt on a homegrown talent instead of ex-WWE talent.

kayfabe?

btw I Claudio got signed by himself .. like two months ago at least.. dunno about Chris hero.

Besides Storm makes a face than Roode who is a better natural heel... Storm vs Roode maybe the TNA rivalry of the year as long as the Immortal BS isnt tied to this storyline.

Like i've said since day one... Storm & Roode = HBK & HHH...
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited October 2011
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Why did he say he is now there to stay?
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    kayfabe?

btw I Claudio got signed by himself .. like two months ago at least.. dunno about Chris hero.

Besides Storm makes a face than Roode who is a better natural heel... Storm vs Roode maybe the TNA rivalry of the year as long as the Immortal BS isnt tied to this storyline.

Like i've said since day one... Storm & Roode = HBK & HHH...

I wish if they did that angle that it would end up like HBK and HHH instead of meaning the end of them both as tag team partners.
  • ToWn_DrUnK
    ToWn_DrUnK Members Posts: 1,018
    edited October 2011
    And by doing that they further buried Roode because he went 15 minutes and lost but his partner does it with just 1 move

TNA last night was basically a 2 hour promo with 7 minutes of wrestling

in the ring roode looked like he wanted to leave instead of poppin beer bottles lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited October 2011
    lol @ storm taking literally one minute to beat Angle I'll be so mad if angle wins it back within a week...