Barack Obama Doesn't Care About Black Libyans

Jesus Jackson
Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/news/intrnational/2011/10/22/1291.html

Black Libyans Ironically Suffer From Black (U.S.) President

It is ironic that America's first Black President has resulted in more and more suffereing among Africa's Black populations, that has been supported by big business interests in the media. Globalresearch.ca affirms that the evidence of public lynchings of Black people are, indeed, readily available online through simple Google or YouTube searches. But, U.S. corporate media organizations, like The New York Times, have sought to ignore this issue. Instead The New York Times is too busy boasting of it's support for NATO's bombing campaign, which has killed thousands of innocent civilians. The Times has also ignored U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich's call that the International Criminal Court (ICC) investigate NATO commanders on possible war crimes in connection to Libyan civilians killed. Media organizations like The Times can't write about the ethnic cleansing of Black Libyans and migrants from other African countries because it would diminish the reputation of the "rebels" who The Times have fully embraced, even after reports that that they, too, have committed war crimes. Instead, the Big Business interests that control most of the mass media are comfortable with the simplistic narrative: "al-Quathafi bad", and "the rebels good".

^^^^This is why I no longer support Obama.

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Get what u vote for.

? Bless America.....and no one else.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    seeing how Farrakhan is a hot topic here

no one can rationally deny or reject the validity of what he is saying in this video

given in Jun 2011

the whole speech is serious but the hellfire really starts @ mark 3:26
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That man may have his flaws and I may not agree with a few of his points
    but he is not crazy or insane......

• stillmatic_01
    stillmatic_01 Members Posts: 113
    edited October 2011
    Is he suppose to?

I thought he was POTUS

Why would he care about Black Libyans?
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Well this is what I've been saying. You muthafuckas slow.
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/news/intrnational/2011/10/22/1291.html

It is ironic that America's first black President has resulted in more and more suffering among Africa's black populations, that has been supported by Big Business interests in the media.

Globalresearch.ca affirms that the evidence of public lynching of Black people are, indeed, readily available online through simple Google or YouTube searches. But, U.S. corporate media organizations. like the New York Times, have sought to ignore this issue.

Instead The New York Times is apparently too busy boasting of its support for NATO's bombing campaign, which has killed thousands of innocent civilians. The Times has also ignored U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich’s call that the International Criminal Court (ICC) investigate NATO commanders on possible war crimes in connection to Libyan civilians killed.

Media organizations like the Times can't write about the ethnic cleansing of Black Libyans and migrants from other African countries because it would diminish the reputation of the "rebels" who the Times have fully embraced, even after reports that they too have committed war crimes. Instead, The Big Business interests that control much of the mass media are comfortable with the simplistic narrative: "al-Quathafi bad," and "rebels good."

When international law is broken, we are humans, are left with an international system organized by the kind of barbarians and criminals which have taken over Libya, and seek to control the rest of our planet Earth.

DOnt know what happened to Jesus Jacksons Thread but it was helpful, I'm repping and puttin it back up ,this is from the Canadian National Newspaper
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    Rebel Fighters Target Black Libyans, Sub-Saharan Africans, Amnesty Reports

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/01/black-libyans-sub-saharan-africans-targeted_n_945374.html

Black Libyans and sub-Saharan Africans are being targeted by rebel fighters who suspect them of backing Muammar Qaddafi, Amnesty International said.

Amnesty investigators this week visited the Central Tripoli Hospital and the capital’s morgue where they witnessed abuses, including men being dragged from hospital beds and detained, the London-based group said in a statement late yesterday. Some people are afraid to leave their homes, it said.

Sub-Saharan Africans risk reprisals from NATO-backed rebels because of allegations that Qaddafi used African mercenaries during the six-month conflict, Amnesty said. Many black Libyans are from the western town of Tawarga, which rebels associate with the shelling and siege of nearby Misrata by pro-Qaddafi forces, it said.

“The problem is black Libyans always were seen as outsiders, and this stems probably from how Qaddafi decided he would be an African leader of an African state and encouraged a large amount of African immigrants, some of whom served in his wars,” Shashank Joshi, an associate fellow at the Royal United Services Institute in London, said today in an interview.

Mustafa Abdel Jalil, head of the National Transitional Council, has urged opposition fighters not to seek revenge. In May, the council issued guidelines for its forces to act in accordance with international laws and standards. Mahmoud Shamman, a spokesman for the council in Dubai, didn’t answer calls seeking comment on the Amnesty statement.

‘Lofty Ideals’
    “This reflects very badly on the NTC,” Joshi said of the Amnesty report. “They have said the right things, but their ability to enforce those lofty ideals on those with the guns in the streets is a lot more difficult.”

In visits to detention centers in Zawiya and Tripoli, Amnesty said it was told that between a third and a half of those detained were from Sub-Saharan Africa.

The rebels seem “to confuse black people with mercenaries,” African Union Commission Chairman Jean Ping told reporters in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia’s capital, on Aug. 29.

The council will need to “show sensitivity to these concerns” if the rebel forces attempt to take Sirte, Joshi said. Jalil yesterday gave Qaddafi supporters in his hometown until Sept. 3 to surrender or face attacks.

Hold Fighters Accountable
    In the statement, Claudio Cordone, a senior director at Amnesty, called on the council to ensure its fighters are held accountable.

“Fighters engaging in abuses should be immediately removed from active duty, pending investigation,” he said.

During an Aug. 28 visit to a poor residential area of Tripoli, Amnesty investigators found a group of Eritreans who wouldn’t leave their homes because they feared being attacked, according to the report.

The following day, Amnesty said its investigators saw three rebels drag a black Libyan from his bed at the Central Tripoli Hospital and detain him. Two other black Libyans receiving treatment for gunshot wounds were told by anti-Qaddafi forces that “their turn was coming,” according to the report.

Amnesty said its workers examined that same day the body of an unidentified black man who was brought into the Tripoli Medical Center morgue by unknown men. While he bore no visible injuries, his feet and his torso were tied and blood was smudged around his mouth.

To contact the reporter on this story: Caroline Alexander in London at calexander1@bloomberg.net.

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Andrew J. Barden at barden@bloomberg.net.

C'mon on in. All you people that hate black people and think we deserved to be murdered and slaughtered whenever possible....come in and defend this ? . Since ya'll have no compassion, lets see whos who
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Sad story right here!!!

Than again I always said the Libyan war was a bad idea........Gaddafi is gone but will be replaced by an anti-American leader soon enough. I give it a year.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Obama is a fraud, I'm glad people are finally catching on. I know there are some here who always knew this, but I'm glad more of us are seeing the light. Obama is a puppet for oil and corporate interests. Nothing more.

The white cracka side of Obama is showing up everyday......
  • Jesus Jackson
    Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Um, I already made this thread; they moved it to the Race & Religion forum under the title "Barack Obama Doesn't Care About Black Libyans".
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    Oh o.k I was like where the ? is it. But thats wack they should've left it here.
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    This is sick. Man. I'm telling you, they don;t give a fucc about us
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I am going to laugh my ass off when this place becomes the next Somalia.
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    damn this is ? . blacks are being persecuted all over the world and we never did ? to nobody except ourselves. ? like this makes me wish i had billions of dollars so I can help OUR people out.
  • stillmatic_01
    stillmatic_01 Members Posts: 113
    edited October 2011
    attacks against Black Libyans and Black Sub-Saharan African migrant workers... have been going on long before this year's uprisings

so I hope thread starter doesn't think this is going on recently when plans began to be implemented to remove Gaddaffi

Blacks have been attacked in Libya for over 10 years (as far as I know) and maybe even longer..nobody gave a ?
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    damn when will WE finally stand up for OUR people across the WORLD? the blacks in america aint ?
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    damn this is ? . blacks are being persecuted all over the world and we never did ? to nobody except ourselves. ? like this makes me wish i had billions of dollars so I can help OUR people out.

I feel you man. Hey I look at it like this. Talk about it. Talk about it as much as you can, when people don't wanna hear it...still tell em. Post ? like this on ya FB because if it happens to them it can happen to us. And no one will care....white people will justify it. End of story.
  • edwardnigma
    edited October 2011
    damn when will WE finally stand up for OUR people across the WORLD? the blacks in america aint ?

Thats how I feel too, but thats here, the Blacks in Europe ain't like that. Also Blacks in Islands, Haiti, Jamaica, TNT don't play that ? . So it's only in America that they act like that. Why...prob cause of T.V, I don't know, but Blacks do give a ? , but the ones in America are asleep.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Thats how I feel too, but thats here, the Blacks in Europe ain't like that. Also Blacks in Islands, Haiti, Jamaica, TNT don't play that ? . So it's only in America that they act like that. Why...prob cause of T.V, I don't know, but Blacks do give a ? , but the ones in America are asleep.

Aren't like what/don't play what ? ?

Be careful when you romanticize people in other countries because the grass looks greener on the other side.

What can random Black people in the U.S do for the Blacks in Libya? If there a human rights violations in Libya going on, everyone should be standing up for them.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Huruma wrote: »
    Aren't like what/don't play what ? ?

Be careful when you romanticize people in other countries because the grass looks greener on the other side.

What can random Black people in the U.S do for the Blacks in Libya? If there a human rights violations in Libya going on, everyone should be standing up for them.

as far as the difference between the us diaspora and the rest of the so-called black world, pound for pound its true. this is from travelling globally. however, i do think that blacks in america cant do ? for themselves (as a whole) much less for anyone else inside the confines of the u.s and the mental prison of western culture.